I am no Terrorist, any advice?

The fact is that i never received a letter of approval or denial or recommended.It has been pending for since.so monday was my 152th day and i sent my application for EAD on that same day.But now that system is freaking me

The fact is that i never received a letter of approval or denial or recommended.It has been pending for since.so monday was my 152th day and i sent my application for EAD on that same day.But now that system is freaking me

To check your case status on line or on the phone(automated system) your receipt number should start with the letter EAC, WAC, LIN OR SRC.These letters represents the four service centers. When you apply for work permit they suppose to mail it to you so you can check your case status. The receipt you have (ZCH****) will not be recognized by automated computer system, it could be temporary. You need to call 1-800... number and talk to an officer or wait for a few more weeks or send an e-mail.

Good luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
okay,so now am completely confused because i saw on this forum that people can check their asylum cases on the uscis website with their receipt but why can't i check mine.I taught if others could check theirs then i can too since all of us filed the same form.All my receipts start with ZCH****.Thanks

okay,so now am completely confused because i saw on this forum that people can check their asylum cases on the uscis website with their receipt but why can't i check mine.I taught if others could check theirs then i can too since all of us filed the same form.All my receipts start with ZCH****.Thanks

pepsico,
You are mixing different things up.

In your case: you want to check on the status of your asylum application, whether you are recommended for approval, or fully approved, denied, referred to judge. Whatever the case might be.You can do that only with a specific 1-800 number, but not online.

Other people on this forum are talking about checking their adjustment of status, their asylum applications were approved long ago. They are on the status of their permanent resident cards. You are not on that stage yet.

Hope you would understand...

pepsico

In short your case file is in Chicago Asylem office(ZCH), not in National service Center or one of the four service centers( CA, TX, VT,NB). To check your status on line or on the phone your receipt 3 letters should starts with the letters EAC, WAC, LIN or SRC. As I said before , wait for a few weeks until you get a receipt for application you file for work permit or you go to your local asylem office you had interview to check your case status.

Good luck!!

After submitting a new medical report last week I got an e mail from our friends that my application will remain on hold for the time...and if I do not receive any information within next 6 months, I may inquire again....

Dear Mr. xxx

Thank you for your inquiry. Your case is currently on hold for inadmissibilities relating to INA 212(a)(3)(B) based on you activities involving the xxxx xxxx xxxx. Currently there is no exemption or exception available for these activities. Your case will remain on pending future exemptions.

If you do not received additional updates by mail; please feel free to contact USCIS again in six months for additional updates on your case.

Dear Mr. xxx

Thank you for your inquiry. Your case is currently on hold for inadmissibilities relating to INA 212(a)(3)(B) based on you activities involving the xxxx xxxx xxxx. Currently there is no exemption or exception available for these activities. Your case will remain on pending future exemptions.

If you do not received additional updates by mail; please feel free to contact USCIS again in six months for additional updates on your case.

SOA,
Do not let this generic reply worries you. I know a couple whose cases are on hold due to material support. They turned in their RFE 50 days or so ago. After a month passed by they sent an inquiry email, they received the same exact reply that you received. No one knows what is going on at this point.
Hang in there and let us wait.

Dear Mr. xxx

SOA,

Sorry, to this disgusting e-mail they send you. I hope you read the August 17, 2012 limited exemption signed by the secretary. If you did, do you believe are you eligible based on the criterion they put it out? If so what went wrong?

Thanks!

SOA,

Sorry, to this disgusting e-mail they send you. I hope you read the August 17, 2012 limited exemption signed by the secretary. If you did, do you believe are you eligible based on the criterion they put it out? If so what went wrong?

Thanks!

Nothing may went wrong.
The Memo is GRAY is NOT BLACK or WHITE; it is very equivocal, and has lots of loopholes therefore could be subject to different interpretation bureaucratic and mishandling.
Who knows?

Nothing may went wrong.
The Memo is GRAY is NOT BLACK or WHITE; it is very equivocal, and has lots of loopholes therefore could be subject to different interpretation bureaucratic and mishandling.
Who knows?

Deep Trigger,

My question was based on the response I got from SCOPSSCAT for my inquiry/complaint I sent on last September 2012 to TRIGinquiry. The response was quite diffrent than SOA. I know all cases are not the same. In short mine reads; " your case is currently on hold...USCIS is working toward making exemption available, and it is hoped that one may be applicable to you may be available soon". After I had read the exemption and the policy memorandum PM-602-0073 I believe I am eligible for this exemption, but as you said who knows.

SOA,
Do not let this generic reply worries you. I know a couple whose cases are on hold due to material support. They turned in their RFE 50 days or so ago. After a month passed by they sent an inquiry email, they received the same exact reply that you received. No one knows what is going on at this point.
Hang in there and let us wait.

After August 10, 2012 exemption I don't call this response at this stage generic. If you remember back in September SOA been asked to provide medical, biometric and one original document. He summitted medical and biometric. He had some problem obtaining the original document. For USCIS not getting what they asked for, will delay you case to make a decision or they will deny you. I wouldn't say "don't this generic reply worries you", I suggest if he hasn't got the document try to get affidavit from known organization to support him that the copy is as good as the original. I don't see the reason for delay if they got what they want.

Deep Trigger,

My question was based on the response I got from SCOPSSCAT for my inquiry/complaint I sent on last September 2012 to TRIGinquiry. The response was quite diffrent than SOA. I know all cases are not the same. In short mine reads; " your case is currently on hold...USCIS is working toward making exemption available, and it is hoped that one may be applicable to you may be available soon". After I had read the exemption and the policy memorandum PM-602-0073 I believe I am eligible for this exemption, but as you said who knows.

I don't know about SCOPSSCAT, because I sent an inquiry and received 3 replies all of them totally different in term of wording.
I bet if you would write them again, you may get some different conflicting answers.
Failing to submit a RFE, has nothing to do with ineligibility for an exemption waiver. Many people were asked to provide a RFE, after they submitted nothing happened, they still NOT approved.

I would like to share an update about my pending application for adjustment of status to PR...I was granted asylum about eight (8) years ago...I did submit a complete application for adjustment of status almost 7 years ago ( including medical)...It has been on hold since because of material support provisions of INA...last month I was asked to redo the biometric test....and today I got a mail from INS asking me to do another medical and submit it within 30 days...seems to me like a never ending drama...

SOA,
I hope you don't mind me asking!
Have you turned in the RFE & Medical?
Let me know...

SOA,
I hope you don't mind me asking!
Have you turned in the RFE & Medical?
Let me know...

I have complied with all their requests…including the medical…I had difficulty finding original copy of a newspaper…then I managed to find the original copy of the paper in the Library of Congress…I got a copy of it that was certified by the librarian to be an exact copy of the original…my case is rather unique…I have never been affiliated with any political/non-political organization inside or outside of my country of origin…in fact I left my country at very young age…grew up probably 12 thousand miles away in a different continent…before moving into the US as a student…While I was attending school here I was highlighting the sufferings of our people as a member of a concerned student group…all our activities were consistent with US foreign policy at all times…when I applied for my GC I had to disclose those activities…and probably somebody did not really pay attention to details in my application and put me on hold...and my attorney could not believe that my GC application was on hold…it took him a year to find out that my application was on hold because I was talking about human rights and rights of women in my country of birth…

I have complied with all their requests…including the medical…I had difficulty finding original copy of a newspaper…then I managed to find the original copy of the paper in the Library of Congress…I got a copy of it that was certified by the librarian to be an exact copy of the original…my case is rather unique…I have never been affiliated with any political/non-political organization inside or outside of my country of origin…in fact I left my country at very young age…grew up probably 12 thousand miles away in a different continent…before moving into the US as a student…While I was attending school here I was highlighting the sufferings of our people as a member of a concerned student group…all our activities were consistent with US foreign policy at all times…when I applied for my GC I had to disclose those activities…and probably somebody did not really pay attention to details in my application and put me on hold...and my attorney could not believe that my GC application was on hold…it took him a year to find out that my application was on hold because I was talking about human rights and rights of women in my country of birth…

I strongly believe that you will be fine. Like I said: << it is generic emails>>, I have received a few of them like yours, all contracting each others. These emails can be misleading.
Didn't they just request that you submitted Medical, right there it's an indication that your case is ready to be worked on... if not they wouldn't bother asking for all these, especially when you have been pending for 8 years and have not heard anything during those 8 years. Something doesn't make sense, and that's their email reply to you. We are all on the same board, And only the future will tell.