I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Thanks HOPE FOR BEST for your quick respons to my questions.
May be you are right, your GC approval was based on August 10, 2012 exemption.

DHS issued Policy Memorandum for uscis adjudicators on Sept 26, 2012 how to implement the Secretery's August 10, 2012 New "Limited General" Discretionary Exemption which was published on Federal Register on Agust 17, 2012.
But they are moving like snail I don't know how many decades they need to finish those 4100 cases.

Any way it doesn't matter which way you got it, all you need is the GC, good for you.

I wish you good luck for your future citizinship test.

Thanks HOPE FOR BEST for your quick respons to my questions.
May be you are right, your GC approval was based on August 10, 2012 exemption.

DHS issued Policy Memorandum for uscis adjudicators on Sept 26, 2012 how to implement the Secretery's August 10, 2012 New "Limited General" Discretionary Exemption which was published on Federal Register on Agust 17, 2012.
But they are moving like snail I don't know how many decades they need to finish those 4100 cases.

Any way it doesn't matter which way you got it, all you need is the GC, good for you.

I wish you good luck for your future citizinship test.

Those 4100 cases have been with USCIS so long; in some cases from several decades to minimum 5 years. They were screened, assessed and put a way for Hold awaiting waiver. They already sorted them out; categorized all of them with no exception. How many more checks and time would they really need...
I am really disappointed.

Dear All,

I sent my REF & Medidcal on November 2010. I do believe my Case was approved because my Background check was already completed on August 2012. How I know? Every time you apply for "Travel Document" The ask you to perform a Biometric. This finger print process helps alot to cover you background check for your "Green Card" Case. If you believe your case is delayed waiting for them to send you a letter for finger print, it's worth it to apply for travel document just to bipass this step. If not, then things is staring to move..which is better than nothing. As long as they started touching these cases..I Believe they will speed up step by step. I will be more than happy to share any info with you guys. Wish you all the best.

Dear All,

I sent my REF & Medidcal on November 2010. I do believe my Case was approved because my Background check was already completed on August 2012. How I know? Every time you apply for "Travel Document" The ask you to perform a Biometric. This finger print process helps alot to cover you background check for your "Green Card" Case. If you believe your case is delayed waiting for them to send you a letter for finger print, it's worth it to apply for travel document just to bipass this step. If not, then things is staring to move..which is better than nothing. As long as they started touching these cases..I Believe they will speed up step by step. I will be more than happy to share any info with you guys. Wish you all the best.

I can hereby confirm that biometrics for travel document has nothing to do with the pending case, with my personal experience I got my travel document but I was asked to get the police clearance, I told USCIS that if it was an issue of biometrics clearance then how did I get my travel document after biometrics and they told me that there are different kind of clearance program for all different priorities and that I need to do my police clearance in spite of the fact that my biometrics cleared less than 2 weeks ago (back then).
Deep Trigger, Joseph Esf: I have already sent USCIS all my police clearances today, let’s see what happens next, I will keep you updated if something comes up.

I can hereby confirm that biometrics for travel document has nothing to do with the pending case, with my personal experience I got my travel document but I was asked to get the police clearance, I told USCIS that if it was an issue of biometrics clearance then how did I get my travel document after biometrics and they told me that there are different kind of clearance program for all different priorities and that I need to do my police clearance in spite of the fact that my biometrics cleared less than 2 weeks ago (back then).
Deep Trigger, Joseph Esf: I have already sent USCIS all my police clearances today, let’s see what happens next, I will keep you updated if something comes up.

hecate,
I feel really comforted that you have turned in the RFE, I strongely believe that you will be fine, it will be now a matter of time, I hope the soonest.
Let us wait and see...
And by the way you are totally correct, biometrics for travel document has no involvement whatsoever with the biometrics for the adjustment of status, these don't cross-match. That's 2 different filings, 2 different categories and 2 separate and different adjudication-centers.
HOPE FOR BEST, it is not clear what USCIS has based on, upon what random hazard, to approve your application, because it seems to me that they have not yet started the August 17 - Memo. I know many many people on hold, none has received any approval, a few that I am aware of in fact have received a RFE, have said, once they turned in the RFE, USCIS stated in email<< RFE received if we need additional evidence or make any decision we will notify you, some already turned their a month or so ago.
But who really knows?, what is been currently boiling down.
We will see...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mix up and doesn't make sense!

Why did they ask you police report from all states you lived if your biometric is cleared? Those two things they don't go together usually. What is biometrics? The scientific term "Biometric" means anatomical or physioiogical data by which a person can be uinquely identified. USCIS will most likely collect fingerprint, take your picture and have you signed your name for electronic capture. your fingerprint will be sent on for review by USCIS to FBI, which will check them againest records held by the police as well as by USCIS. The FBI will sent report to USCIS to confirm your identity and to show whether yu have committed any crimes or immigration violation that might make you inadmissible, deportable or otherwise ineligeble for the benefit that you seek.

If the FBI flags or rejects your biometric, you will be required to present police clearance report from every state you have lived in proving that you do not have any extensive criminal record. If they gave you travel document it dosen't mean necessarly your biometric is cleared. people who commited serious crime, after they serve thier time in prison for more than a year they can apply and get travel document to get out USA, provided that they are not wanted by the police, but they can't come in. Because they are felons. They have to wait out side of this country at least 3 years. Police clearance report is not mandatory to applicant who are innocent, it is for the people who have unfortunate incident with the the law.

So, it is confusing and doesn't make sense to get cleared biometric and then to be asked to send them police report .
There is something you don't tell us or something they don't tell you or both.

Why did they ask you police report from all states you lived if your biometric is cleared? Those two things they don't go together usually. What is biometrics? The scientific term "Biometric" means anatomical or physioiogical data by which a person can be uinquely identified. USCIS will most likely collect fingerprint, take your picture and have you signed your name for electronic capture. your fingerprint will be sent on for review by USCIS to FBI, which will check them againest records held by the police as well as by USCIS. The FBI will sent report to USCIS to confirm your identity and to show whether yu have committed any crimes or immigration violation that might make you inadmissible, deportable or otherwise ineligeble for the benefit that you seek.

If the FBI flags or rejects your biometric, you will be required to present police clearance report from every state you have lived in proving that you do not have any extensive criminal record. If they gave you travel document it dosen't mean necessarly your biometric is cleared. people who commited serious crime, after they serve thier time in prison for more than a year they can apply and get travel document to get out USA, provided that they are not wanted by the police, but they can't come in. Because they are felons. They have to wait out side of this country at least 3 years. Police clearance report is not mandatory to applicant who are innocent, it is for the people who have unfortunate incident with the the law.

So, it is confusing and doesn't make sense to get cleared biometric and then to be asked to send them police report .
There is something you don't tell us or something they don't tell you or both.

WOW, you cracked the whole case, you are such a genius, I am so impressed, and yes I have a big secret but hard to hide from a smart guy like you.

hecate,

By now USCIS should have your RFE response. I was wondering if their website is updated to reflect that, and, if it reads that they got your package and a decision will be made within 60 days. They fooled me a number of times with that message, I hope this time it is a real promise for you. let us know please.

hecate,

By now USCIS should have your RFE response. I was wondering if their website is updated to reflect that, and, if it reads that they got your package and a decision will be made within 60 days. They fooled me a number of times with that message, I hope this time it is a real promise for you. let us know please.

Surprisingly for the first time USCIS sent a message on my cell phone for I-485 pending, informing me that my case update is available on the website, when I checked this was the update, like you I have also been lied by them several times about this 60 days rubbish and here it is one more time.
Request for Evidence Response Review
On October 29, 2012, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Once a timely response to the request for evidence is received by USCIS, we review the evidence or information you submitted. If you submitted the requested evidence, we continue with the adjudication of your application or petition in light of the new evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defensive!

WOW, you cracked the whole case, you are such a genius, I am so impressed, and yes I have a big secret but hard to hide from a smart guy like you.

Did I push your panic button again? " Sorry" not on purpose, it is just a little fact and observation to clear the confusion and the mixup. No need to be defensive. I am impressed too, how fast you jumped off the cliff(topic). There is no case to crack, no need to be genius or smart, it is just common'sense. You stressed out, frustraterd and panic for small thing, it is not you it USCIS.You fumble a lot, sometime it is good to be on sideline and watch how normal people exchange ideas and help each other witout panicking. As usual our good member of this forum may give you a guide. Otherwise you should see a shrink."Get well"

Surprisingly for the first time USCIS sent a message on my cell phone for I-485 pending, informing me that my case update is available on the website, when I checked this was the update, like you I have also been lied by them several times about this 60 days rubbish and here it is one more time.
Request for Evidence Response Review
On October 29, 2012, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Once a timely response to the request for evidence is received by USCIS, we review the evidence or information you submitted. If you submitted the requested evidence, we continue with the adjudication of your application or petition in light of the new evidence.

hecate,
Most people that I personally know, have the same exact message after they turned in the RFE about 45 days, and nothing else happened since then, because USCIS has not yet started the implementation. I think you are in good hand.

hecate,
Most people that I personally know, have the same exact message after they turned in the RFE about 45 days, and nothing else happened since then, because USCIS has not yet started the implementation. I think you are in good hand.
It does not make sense for me to understand every time you submit RFE you immediately get this message and you count down 60 days and after several years they ask for RFE again, when they sent me this message in 2004 after I submitted my first RFE 60 days looked unfair, lol, then again they asked me for RFE in 2009 and I was wishing 60 days should mean 60 days, now in 2012 it means another hoax to me, if they ask for RFE and they have questions they should sent an inquiry immediately what is this rubbish of asking again after few years, do they get RFE and go to sleep or what.

It does not make sense for me to understand every time you submit RFE you immediately get this message and you count down 60 days and after several years they ask for RFE again, when they sent me this message in 2004 after I submitted my first RFE 60 days looked unfair, lol, then again they asked me for RFE in 2009 and I was wishing 60 days should mean 60 days, now in 2012 it means another hoax to me, if they ask for RFE and they have questions they should sent an inquiry immediately what is this rubbish of asking again after few years, do they get RFE and go to sleep or what.

Yes, you are right! it has been pretty much like that, that is USCIS way of proceeding, which is really foolish. They asked for RFE, one turns in, next you remain pending again for more years... It is a circle that seems to never end...But may be this time around things will be a little different, due to the new Limited general exemption???

Yes, you are right! it has been pretty much like that, that is USCIS way of proceeding, which is really foolish. They asked for RFE, one turns in, next you remain pending again for more years... It is a circle that seems to never end...But may be this time around things will be a little different, due to the new Limited general exemption???
You are so optimistic, I wish I could be like you, I have sent you a couple messages on your incoming mail box, I believe you are not receiving my messages, any ways let’s hope things will get better.

Hey guys,i have a small issue,how o they check the case status of an application by the 800 number of uscis.I dont know how to enter the first 3 letters of the receipt.My receipt is of the form ZCH***************.so how do i enter the first 3 letters by phone.thanks

Hey guys,i have a small issue,how o they check the case status of an application by the 800 number of uscis.I dont know how to enter the first 3 letters of the receipt.My receipt is of the form ZCH***************.so how do i enter the first 3 letters by phone.thanks

924 and then your case number

thanks for te quick reply,i did it but the automate system tells me that the 1st three number are not correct and i tried to check my receipt number again and its the same.is that not weird.does somebody knows why it does this.

thanks for te quick reply,i did it but the automate system tells me that the 1st three number are not correct and i tried to check my receipt number again and its the same.is that not weird.does somebody knows why it does this.

Is it a motion to reopen closed, denied or removal proceedings?
Is this a notice from IJ or a lawyer for you to appear at certain time and date at immigration court?
Did you file EAD (application for work permit) ?

yes i just filed my application for work permit.I haven't received any decision concerning the asylum inteview.I applied for work permit this monday