I am no Terrorist, any advice?

If you guys watched the 2nd debate Obama said he kept his promises, I could not help stop laughing, clearly in 2008 he said that all the cases on hold will be released if he wins the elections, he said we can always reverse it if there is any thing in the background but holding green cards for so long is not fair, I was begging every one to vote for Obama, my dad was going to vote for Senator John McCain but I requested him to vote for Obama as well, how hypocrite these politicians are and how openly they break promises and we so much count on their promises, if he had not said this or if I had not trusted his promise I had a great opportunity to immigrate to Canada because all this happened before 212 rubbish became so famous, now I have to go through all this torture and harassment and the 3rd RFE.

Good points, Bureaucracy and Mismanagement is what we are victim of. Check this out!!! The Secretary of homeland Security by the power invested in her by the U.S Congress had issued a broad based waiver for the long pending cases, but still to this day, USCIS is trying to figure this out, in how to implement it as if we were violent criminals seeking leniency. The whole process is unjust, unfair and devastating, characterized by delay after delay.
I am just hoping and praying hard that we ALL get clear soon, and may be forget the ordeal that we have been through. Even after the waiver, we are being victim of unnecessary delay.

Good points, Bureaucracy and Mismanagement is what we are victim of. Check this out!!! The Secretary of homeland Security by the power invested in her by the U.S Congress had issued a broad based waiver for the long pending cases, but still to this day, USCIS is trying to figure this out, in how to implement it as if we were violent criminals seeking leniency. The whole process is unjust, unfair and devastating, characterized by delay after delay.
I am just hoping and praying hard that we ALL get clear soon, and may be forget the ordeal that we have been through. Even after the waiver, we are being victim of unnecessary delay.

All I can wish for is Obama happens to read my above comment and Napolitano happens to read yours.lol.

Hi all any news?, I don't understand one thing if any one can clarify, are they holding the cases till further action or are they still gradually issuing green cards, has any one received a green card or is it a complete freeze until they move when they implement the latest exemption.

Hi all any news?, I don't understand one thing if any one can clarify, are they holding the cases till further action or are they still gradually issuing green cards, has any one received a green card or is it a complete freeze until they move when they implement the latest exemption.

hecate,
USCIS has not started yet to issue one single green card as far as the latest exemption is involved...
Friday I spent lot of time on the phone talking to Anwen Hughes and my Lawyer, but they both confirmed that nothing at this point has started, may be after the Nov. Elections They both surprisingly said that USCIS is still figuring this out, also USCIS in consultation with the DHS have finally decided not to exempt 3 GROUPS of the Tier-III Groups that should have been covered by the exemption, due to major human right violation. They ( Anwen Hughes and my Lawyer) both at this point don't know which groups are those 3, they both mentioned that all applicants whose file is not up to date should receive RFE, RFI which ever applies to the applicant's case, in order to get ready for the massive approvals. Time will tell...

Last edited by a moderator:
hecate,
USCIS has not started yet to issue one single green card as far as the latest exemption is involved...
Friday I spent lot of time on the phone talking to Anwen Hughes and my Lawyer, but they both confirmed that nothing at this point has started, may be after the Nov. Elections They both surprisingly said that USCIS is still figuring this out, also USCIS in consultation with the DHS have finally decided not to exempt 3 GROUPS of the Tier-III Groups that should have been covered by the exemption, due to major human right violation. They ( Anwen Hughes and my Lawyer) both at this point don't know which groups are those 3, they both mentioned that all applicants whose file is not up to date should receive RFE, RFI which ever applies to the applicant's case, in order to get ready for the massive approvals. Time will tell...

My RFE has a dead line of December 12 2012, that seems like it will not happen until at least December, may be next year or so, I am wondering which are those 3 groups. Thanks for getting back.

My RFE has a dead line of December 12 2012, that seems like it will not happen until at least December, may be next year or so, I am wondering which are those 3 groups. Thanks for getting back.

You can and should turn in your RFE as soon as you have it ready, you don't have to wait until December 12, 2012, this should play as which ever come first; <<Ready to be sent (the earliest)>> OR <<By December 12 (the latest)>>.

No one know which group are those 3 at this time. But they did sort it out to a final list of 3 from the total 400 groups or so.

You can and should turn in your RFE as soon as you have it ready, you don't have to wait until December 12, 2012, this should play as which ever come first; <<Ready to be sent (the earliest)>> OR <<By December 12 (the latest)>>.

No one know which group are those 3 at this time. But they did sort it out to a final list of 3 from the total 400 groups or so.
Yes I will as soon as I get them all, 20 years is a long time, I have most of my police clearance, just waiting for the final one, thanks for being so involved, now if we look at each other and all nice people helping each other here, it is itself a shame for any agency to charge such nice people as terrorists.

Yes I will as soon as I get them all, 20 years is a long time, I have most of my police clearance, just waiting for the final one, thanks for being so involved, now if we look at each other and all nice people helping each other here, it is itself a shame for any agency to charge such nice people as terrorists.

Right! hecate,
Keep in mind that there is a large collection of dumb, crazy, and stupid laws in the United States justice system, 212(a)3(b) in the INA is one of them, especially when targeting victims of terrorism for nonsense terrorist susceptibility, that approach is legally insane, irresponsible and in a low intelligence category of Law enactment and should be repealed at long last. We love and have loved this country, some of us lived in here longer that they did in their own homeland, and should have been citizens of U.S in a fair world.
But I am praying to a final favorable and beneficial end to this non sense and ordeal.

Right! hecate,
Keep in mind that there is a large collection of dumb, crazy, and stupid laws in the United States justice system, 212(a)3(b) in the INA is one of them, especially when targeting victims of terrorism for nonsense terrorist susceptibility, that approach is legally insane, irresponsible and in a low intelligence category of Law enactment and should be repealed at long last. We love and have loved this country, some of us lived in here longer that they did in their own homeland, and should have been citizens of U.S in a fair world.
But I am praying to a final favorable and beneficial end to this non sense and ordeal.

Deep trigger what is the August 10th exemption, can you please help me understand a little about it.

Deep trigger what is the August 10th exemption, can you please help me understand a little about it.

That is the newly recent Broad-based TRIG exemption Memo signed by Secretary Napolitano August 10, 2012. The one that we are all waiting for. Because of that one they are asking you RFE. It is basically saying that any tier-III groups should be covered as long as the group didn't involve in any extreme and major human right violation. This is mainly the bulk of the pending cases 4,700 total of which they are anticipating that would clear 75%. Let me know if I in fact answered your question.

That is the newly recent Broad-based TRIG exemption Memo signed by Secretary Napolitano August 10, 2012. The one that we are all waiting for. Because of that one they are asking you RFE. It is basically saying that any tier-III groups should be covered as long as the group didn't involve in any extreme and major human right violation. This is mainly the bulk of the pending cases 4,700 total of which they are anticipating that would clear 75%. Let me know if I in fact answered your question.
Yes you did, there are quite a few groups that will not get the exemption, its more than three I believe, the list seems to be growing, any group that has been involved in any violent activity will not be subject to the exemption, example if you opposed to your government and threw rocks that is violent, in other words if you took candy to your corrupted president and nicely requested that you are in opposition and please leave (lol) is what would be considered as exemption granted organization.
Briefly they are saying if your organization has been assessed by UNHCR as a violent organization and public threat you are pretty much done as far as these exemptions are concerned and will remain on further hold until the next exemption is directed in lieu of the facts.
The August 10 specifically exempts the groups that were not labeled as violent and public threats by UNHCR.

Yes you did, there are quite a few groups that will not get the exemption, its more than three I believe, the list seems to be growing, any group that has been involved in any violent activity will not be subject to the exemption, example if you opposed to your government and threw rocks that is violent, in other words if you took candy to your corrupted president and nicely requested that you are in opposition and please leave (lol) is what would be considered as exemption granted organization.
Briefly they are saying if your organization has been assessed by UNHCR as a violent organization and public threat you are pretty much done as far as these exemptions are concerned and will remain on further hold until the next exemption is directed in lieu of the facts.
The August 10 specifically exempts the groups that were not labeled as violent and public threats by UNHCR.

hecate,
You have better explained it.
Have you read what you just said somewhere else OR was you just making personal analysis and assessment of the announcement?
I was also told they were so far 3 groups.
How did you find out they were in fact more than 3.
Let me know.

Dear All,

I just want to share a gooooood news with all of you, that few minutes ago, I received an e-mail from USCIS that my Green Card is in production. I have been away from this forum for nearly 2 years. But I never stopped checking your valuable info. I did not have anything to share at that time so I remained silent. I'm from Sudan and My Party is called "Umma-Party". Rest assure that I will remain under your service for any help you guys might need.

I hope my news is good for all of us...and might result in all of us to receive our Green Cards...Just hang on there...please ...please...never loose hope...never..its happppppping guys.

Thanks

Card/ Document Production

On October 24, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

hecate,
You have better explained it.
Have you read what you just said somewhere else OR was you just making personal analysis and assessment of the announcement?
I was also told they were so far 3 groups.
How did you find out they were in fact more than 3.
Let me know.
I was with an attorney and I was informed that their office is not aware of the 3 groups but did confirm that some parties are still waiting for exemption and those parties that have been involved in violent crimes will remain on hold until further exemption but a lot of good parties who fell in this broad definition will be exempted.

I was with an attorney and I was informed that their office is not aware of the 3 groups but did confirm that some parties are still waiting for exemption and those parties that have been involved in violent crimes will remain on hold until further exemption but a lot of good parties who fell in this broad definition will be exempted.

Thanks hecate,
I see what you are saying. But if they do that, USCIS/DHS will diffuse the Memo's purpose. Because first the alien applicant is not responsible of the group wrong doing; of the group as a whole, secondly a waiver is a pardon of a personal wrong doing that has rendered the applicant inadmissible. They promised to clear all the pending cases by end 2011, changed their minds and stated anew by end 2012, announced that the Memo will clear all pending cases, changed their minds to 75% of all pending cases, promised to start the implementation by end of September, nothing so far. They said groups that uscis sees as problematic won't be exempted, they were limited to 3, now the list is growing. To me this will never end, or the end won't be easy.

Free at last!

Congratulation HOPE FOR BEST!! YOU ARE FREE AT LAST.

If you don't mind I have some questions regarding how you got your GR.
The goverments interagency working Group had recommended exemption for few TierIII groups in 2011. NDA is one of them, is Umma party part of NDA?

Do you think you got your green card because the secretary signed the recommendation which was sitting on her desk almost two years?
Or
is it because of August 10, 2012 exemption signed by secretary of DHS?
If you can find out and response to us which one they use for your GC approval, it may help us to find out wether they are working or not on the new exemption.

Thank you!

[/QUOTE]
On October 24, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Victim 1000 & Hecate,

Thank you very much for your congrats. Let me answer your questions above as follow.

1- Yes, the "Umma-Party" is a memeber of the NDA which was recommended for exemptions long time ago.
2- Yes, I do believe that My recent "Green Card" Approval was be cause of the August 17 exemption.

Few weeks ago I received the msg below from USCIS. This is a typical example on how thos eppl work. Completely disconnected communication. YOu can not even predict how they work...out of sudden (AL Hamdulilah) they approvd my case.

"Dear Mr.XXXXX,
Thank you for your inquiry. Your case is currently on hold for is currently being held for inadmissibilities relating to INA 212(a)(3)(B). The Ummah Party (UP)continues to meet the definition of an undesignated (Tier III) terrorist organization. However, on August 17, 2012 an exemption commonly referred to as the Limited General Exemption(LGE) was published in the federal registry unlike past exemptions this exemption can be applied to many different groups. As long as the groups have not engaged attacking U.S. interests or persons; engaged in a pattern or practice of torture, genocide, or the use of child soldiers; or been identified in either Executive Order 13224, as amended, or otherwise designated by the Secretary of State or the Secretary of the Treasury pursuant to the Specially Designated Nationals List (SDNL), or in lists established by United Nations Security Council Committee pursuant to Resolutions 1267 (1999) or 1988 (2011) concerning Al-Qaida and the Taliban and associated individuals and entities; or been designated as a Tier I or Tier II terrorist organization as described in sections 212(a)(3)(B)(vi)(I) and (II) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1182(a)(3)(B)(vi)(I) or (II). In addition, the exemption only covers the following activities, the soliciting funds or other things of value for; soliciting any individuals for membership in; providing material support to; or receiving military-type training from, or behalf of a tier III organization.
USCIS hopes to begin apply this exemption very soon. However before the exemption can be applied additional research must be conducted on the organizations to ensure the organization does not fall within one of the specific exclusions noted above. Due to the high volume of cases and organizations being reviewed it may take as long as 2 to 4 months for your case to be reviewed and if eligible the exemption to be applied to your case. Please contact us again if you have not received any notification from USCIS by that time regarding the status of your I-485."

Thank you for your continued patience.