I-751 waiver December filer( divorced/ Bona fide marriage)

my new lawyer told me we ll make new i751 and we ll take it with us to the interview, and explain it to the officer.

be positive since your ex is going to help you plus it's a very good idea to re-fresh and get a new I-751 waiver again.

Hi all, I filed my I-751 waiver divore filed on december 23, 2009 through Immigaration attorney, my case is complecated thats why i hired a good attorney, my long story short is I came usa on visit visa in 2005 got married to usa citizen 2005 got conditional green card in 2006, applied I-751 joint end of 2007, applied citizenship end of 2008 at that time my I-751 was not appvoed, got seprated from wife may 2009, n-400 and i751 interview july, i went there without my wife also she filed divorce before that interview. 2 months later they refused my both appliactions base my wife didnt appear @ interview even she was not called on interview.In result after two months my conditional g card terminated. I talkd to a good immigaration attorney he advised me to finlised divorce and apply I-751 waiver/bona fide marriage. my divorce was finalised december 2009 and after one week my attorny send my case with a lots of evidence to uscis vsc. Now waiting for positive results. plz wish me Good Luck. my marriage was last more then four years so i had lots of proofs like joint lease papers, banks statments, joint utility bills, insurence , my life insurance on her name, etc.
here is my time
married to us citizen :2005
got conditional green card: 2006
12/2007: filed joint I-751
12/2008: applied N-400
05/2009 sepraton
07/2009 I-751/N400 interview (decision can not made at this time)
10/2009 both appliaction refused
12/2009 divorce finlized
12/23/2009 Applied I751 waiver sent to vsc
12/24/2009 appliaction recived chck cashed
12/28/2009 one year extention latter recived(also latter says that extention is not valid if your status was terminated)
12/30/2009 Fp appointment latter for 01/25/2010
01/25/2010 finger print done in 15 minutes
Now waiting game start............................................. .........

I wants to travel out of country, uscis did not gave me full status on new I-751 receipt. according to reciept notice from uscis it says (this extension and authorization for employment and travel does not apply to you if your conditional resident status has been terminated.
now My question is that if I make Info appointment and go my Do office, can I get stamp on my passport to travel International.I realy miss my family I wants to see my mother and family. please advice me all (my attorney said that do not travel out of countery with this reciept, but I didnt asked him if I go to Do office to get stamp on my passpot, every time I call to my attorney he charge me lots of money. thats why I am asking you dear friends. please advise me wat should I do?
God Bless you

Hi all, I filed my I-751 waiver divore filed on december 23, 2009 through Immigaration attorney, my case is complecated thats why i hired a good attorney, my long story short is I came usa on visit visa in 2005 got married to usa citizen 2005 got conditional green card in 2006, applied I-751 joint end of 2007, applied citizenship end of 2008 at that time my I-751 was not appvoed, got seprated from wife may 2009, n-400 and i751 interview july, i went there without my wife also she filed divorce before that interview. 2 months later they refused my both appliactions base my wife didnt appear @ interview even she was not called on interview.In result after two months my conditional g card terminated. I talkd to a good immigaration attorney he advised me to finlised divorce and apply I-751 waiver/bona fide marriage. my divorce was finalised december 2009 and after one week my attorny send my case with a lots of evidence to uscis vsc. Now waiting for positive results. plz wish me Good Luck. my marriage was last more then four years so i had lots of proofs like joint lease papers, banks statments, joint utility bills, insurence , my life insurance on her name, etc.
here is my time
married to us citizen :2005
got conditional green card: 2006
12/2007: filed joint I-751
12/2008: applied N-400
05/2009 sepraton
07/2009 I-751/N400 interview (decision can not made at this time)
10/2009 both appliaction refused
12/2009 divorce finlized
12/23/2009 Applied I751 waiver sent to vsc
12/24/2009 appliaction recived chck cashed
12/28/2009 one year extention latter recived(also latter says that extention is not valid if your status was terminated)
12/30/2009 Fp appointment latter for 01/25/2010
01/25/2010 finger print done in 15 minutes
Now waiting game start............................................. .........

I wants to travel out of country, uscis did not gave me full status on new I-751 receipt. according to reciept notice from uscis it says (this extension and authorization for employment and travel does not apply to you if your conditional resident status has been terminated.
now My question is that if I make Info appointment and go my Do office, can I get stamp on my passport to travel International.I realy miss my family I wants to see my mother and family. please advice me all (my attorney said that do not travel out of countery with this reciept, but I didnt asked him if I go to Do office to get stamp on my passpot, every time I call to my attorney he charge me lots of money. thats why I am asking you dear friends. please advise me wat should I do?
God Bless you

Hey, it has more than 3 months since my I 751 wavier interview. I haven’t received any response from USCIS since then.

Don’t worry too much about it. It looks like you are very close to applying for your N 400 based on 5 years.

You said you haven’t received I 551 stamp. How do you got your drivers license? What documents you show for employment?

I have 1 year I 551 stamp on passport. Its easy to get. Make info pass. They need your passport and A number. I don’t know they will giveit to you or not because you said your status was terminated once. If they give you stamp you can travel without any problems. Worth try though!

All the Best

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, it has more than 3 months since my I 751 wavier interview. I haven’t received any response from USCIS since then.

Don’t worry too much about it. It looks like you are very close to applying for your N 400 based on 5 years.

You said you haven’t received I 551 stamp. How do you got your drivers license? What documents you show for employment?

I have 1 year I 551 stamp on passport. Its easy to get. Make info pass. They need your passport and A number. I don’t know they will giveit to you or not because you said your status was terminated once. If they give you stamp you can travel without any problems. Worth try though!

All the Best

THANKS Indian Citizen I just made info pass appointment on 19th april I wants to get stamp on my passport becuse in october my driving licince will expire.that is why I think I should try may be uscis stamp my paasport, If i get that then again I will contact my attorney and will ask him to travel abroad. if he allow me then I will go otherewise I will wait more dont know how long more........................................?

plz pray for me all.

thanks

no need to worry, as long you have a pending application you will be given a stamp. Previous terminations and denials mean nothing. Take proof of your pending application, ur infopass appointment and passport. You will get the one year stamp no problem. Take that stamping to ur local DMV for drivers license. Some states will give u extension for a year, some may give you more.
thanks

no need to worry, as long you have a pending application you will be given a stamp. Previous terminations and denials mean nothing. Take proof of your pending application, ur infopass appointment and passport. You will get the one year stamp no problem. Take that stamping to ur local DMV for drivers license. Some states will give u extension for a year, some may give you more.
thanks

thanks khayyam.I got more confidance now , I am going D/o office after a week to get that stamp. after that I will contact to my attorney for advice if he alllow me to travel out of usa. He is very expensive every time i call him he send me $300.00 bill. he charge me $415.00 per hour. too expensive.

tanks all

thanks khayyam.I got more confidance now , I am going D/o office after a week to get that stamp. after that I will contact to my attorney for advice if he alllow me to travel out of usa. He is very expensive every time i call him he send me $300.00 bill. he charge me $415.00 per hour. too expensive.

tanks all

Look, its very simple. If you are able to get stamp you don’t need to ask your attorney. You can reenter the country without any problems. Because stamp is equal and same as actual green card.

If you they don’t stamp your passport means your status is terminated and any way you can not travel.

I highly doubt that they stamp your passport on just a pending application. Because I believe they look your status and then they stamp your passport. But I am not sure on this issue. You can know it only after your info pass.

Look, its very simple. If you are able to get stamp you don’t need to ask your attorney. You can reenter the country without any problems. Because stamp is equal and same as actual green card.

If you they don’t stamp your passport means your status is terminated and any way you can not travel.

I highly doubt that they stamp your passport on just a pending application. Because I believe they look your status and then they stamp your passport. But I am not sure on this issue. You can know it only after your info pass.

thanks Indian- citizen, I Agree with you. Allah help us all

mr2100,

I am in the same boat as you except that my marriage was not for 4 years and i came on work visa initially. lets keep each other updated...

Filed at Vermont USCIS center:

03/09/2010 - Application sent.
03/18/2010 - Received notice of one year extension
03/29/2010 - Received notice for Biometrics.
04/12/2010 - Biometrics done.

Waiting game starts.......keeping fingers crossed.

mr2100,

I am in the same boat as you except that my marriage was not for 4 years and i came on work visa initially. lets keep each other updated...

Filed at Vermont USCIS center:

03/09/2010 - Application sent.
03/18/2010 - Received notice of one year extension
03/29/2010 - Received notice for Biometrics.
04/12/2010 - Biometrics done.

Waiting game starts.......keeping fingers crossed.

Hi iamwhatiam80,
Can you plz tell me in detail about your case?
Good luck........

I am sorry to interapt any conversations here, but I would like to share my story and find out what people think about it.

In 2007 I came with K1 visa. I met my husband over the internet. I do not want to make the whole story very long. After the wedding I founf out that he had bipolar disorder, was addicted to legal drugs, had alchoholism. It was really hell. In december 2007 I had to call 911 because I came home and he was unconciouse. He was taken to the behaviour floor. I thought he would change after that. In febrary 2008 I got my cond. GC. I have to say that my daughter that time still was in Russia. He told me everything would change we applied for my daughter immgr and my mother in April 2008 (who brought her for tourist visa) My daughter has dissability. Things were up and down the whole year. He is very unstable because of the drug stuff he does and his bipolar disorder. In 2009 in Febrary my mother and daughter came I was happy I had not seen them for 2 years. He turned to be very mean to them especially toward to my daughter. I argued to him saying that he was wrong ect. He has never worked during our marriege. He was at home with my mother who speaks no English and my daughter making their life miserable. I went to college that time and I also worked every weekends. In april 2009 things turned really bad my mother called me to the college and she was thritened by him. I suspected he was doing his drug stuff again. I called 911 and the same day we went to shelter all together. Terrible time we lived there for 3 months, until I got the second job doing doubles on weekends because I had summer classes and we were able to afford apartment. I had to apply to change my GC in November 2008. I was refferd to lawyer who was "one of the best" the first consultation cost me 400$ she said she thinks I have a strong case to apply as battered spouse. I asked about price she said 5500$ plus minus 300-400$ depending on cituation. Of course I didnt have those money but I wanted to get her as a lawyer because I didnt want to take a chance. I got my student loan and I was able to give her that money. In november 2008 she sent me agreement. I signed it. We filed in Febrary 2010. She said that it was more work that she expected and asked me for more money. It was right before to file my case. I was not happy but paid what can you do? I got extended letter in 2 weeks and in another one week I got interview notice for MARCH 17 2010. I was shocked. The laywer kept asking for more money. On our preparation for the interview she said that she thinks that my husband sent something to USCIS, that is why it came so fast. I asked our mutual friend to call and she found out that he did sent some stuff in October 2009. I have to mention that he applied for divorce on May 2009. After that he was begging me to come back to him. I told him to go on impatient treatment but he refused. Anyway I went with my lawyer to the interview, I paid her 9300$, I still waiting for any approval notice or something. I am very tired of this. Immigration officer was nice he said that he got the case couple days ago. He watched the video I had with me he said he would review the case and they will send me their answer. I am very nervouse, and I would like to hear opinian of people who were in similar cituation. I actually have two questions: 1) what do you think about the case and 2) what do you think of amount of money I paid to the lawyer? Thank you to everyone who would take time to read my story.

I am sorry to interapt any conversations here, but I would like to share my story and find out what people think about it.

In 2007 I came with K1 visa. I met my husband over the internet. I do not want to make the whole story very long. After the wedding I founf out that he had bipolar disorder, was addicted to legal drugs, had alchoholism. It was really hell. In december 2007 I had to call 911 because I came home and he was unconciouse. He was taken to the behaviour floor. I thought he would change after that. In febrary 2008 I got my cond. GC. I have to say that my daughter that time still was in Russia. He told me everything would change we applied for my daughter immgr and my mother in April 2008 (who brought her for tourist visa) My daughter has dissability. Things were up and down the whole year. He is very unstable because of the drug stuff he does and his bipolar disorder. In 2009 in Febrary my mother and daughter came I was happy I had not seen them for 2 years. He turned to be very mean to them especially toward to my daughter. I argued to him saying that he was wrong ect. He has never worked during our marriege. He was at home with my mother who speaks no English and my daughter making their life miserable. I went to college that time and I also worked every weekends. In april 2009 things turned really bad my mother called me to the college and she was thritened by him. I suspected he was doing his drug stuff again. I called 911 and the same day we went to shelter all together. Terrible time we lived there for 3 months, until I got the second job doing doubles on weekends because I had summer classes and we were able to afford apartment. I had to apply to change my GC in November 2008. I was refferd to lawyer who was "one of the best" the first consultation cost me 400$ she said she thinks I have a strong case to apply as battered spouse. I asked about price she said 5500$ plus minus 300-400$ depending on cituation. Of course I didnt have those money but I wanted to get her as a lawyer because I didnt want to take a chance. I got my student loan and I was able to give her that money. In november 2008 she sent me agreement. I signed it. We filed in Febrary 2010. She said that it was more work that she expected and asked me for more money. It was right before to file my case. I was not happy but paid what can you do? I got extended letter in 2 weeks and in another one week I got interview notice for MARCH 17 2010. I was shocked. The laywer kept asking for more money. On our preparation for the interview she said that she thinks that my husband sent something to USCIS, that is why it came so fast. I asked our mutual friend to call and she found out that he did sent some stuff in October 2009. I have to mention that he applied for divorce on May 2009. After that he was begging me to come back to him. I told him to go on impatient treatment but he refused. Anyway I went with my lawyer to the interview, I paid her 9300$, I still waiting for any approval notice or something. I am very tired of this. Immigration officer was nice he said that he got the case couple days ago. He watched the video I had with me he said he would review the case and they will send me their answer. I am very nervouse, and I would like to hear opinian of people who were in similar cituation. I actually have two questions: 1) what do you think about the case and 2) what do you think of amount of money I paid to the lawyer? Thank you to everyone who would take time to read my story.

Dear rodsas
I read your story and I feel sorry for that happend to you, I can understand batter coz we are in same boat. first of all I think good and experienced attorney play very good roll that is why they charge more. but i think its worth to pay them.My attorney charge me $415.00 dollrs per hour plus I also have to pay his P.a who charge me $120.00 per hour. I have paid them approx $8000.00 until now and my appliaction is till pendng. I am satisfied with my attorney's work.
Keep patieant You will hear good news soon.
Dont wory and be happy, this is a part of life.
Good luck

I think you spent to much money on it way too much. fortunate Your case was a strong one since you had two 911 calls that would a appear in your record to favor you... I think you didn't needed a lawyer she took advantage of you. If you would of known of this forum before you would saved all that money sorry to say taht.

They will stamp as long as you have an application pending even if your status is terminated. There could be a case where citizenship is revoked or terminated, another application filed, the status is still preserved and you are eligible for stamping no problem.

They will stamp as long as you have an application pending even if your status is terminated. There could be a case where citizenship is revoked or terminated, another application filed, the status is still preserved and you are eligible for stamping no problem.

thanks khayam

I am going there to get stamp on thursday. I hope and have faith to Allah that I will get stamp on my passport.

thanks once again to all who are supporting me.

Allah bless you All

Thank you I am glad to see reply without judjment, I never thought to be in this cituation but here I am.
Dear rodsas
I read your story and I feel sorry for that happend to you, I can understand batter coz we are in same boat. first of all I think good and experienced attorney play very good roll that is why they charge more. but i think its worth to pay them.My attorney charge me $415.00 dollrs per hour plus I also have to pay his P.a who charge me $120.00 per hour. I have paid them approx $8000.00 until now and my appliaction is till pendng. I am satisfied with my attorney's work.
Keep patieant You will hear good news soon.
Dont wory and be happy, this is a part of life.
Good luck

I went to My local D/O office today. and finaly I got I-551 stamp on my passport for one year,According to stamp and Io officer I can travel and work until my application is pending. If case is denied before that time this stamp will expire. I asked from Io officer about my pending I751 appliaction, she said that its only 4 months since you applied may be you will be calles for interview or approve with out that. And all she can see in system is they are working on me case and until now no decision has been made yet. I also asked IO office that if I go out of country and in case, if my aplication deniey can I re-enter to usa with this stamp? She said may be then you can have problem at that time.

I have filed my I751 in december 24 2009. now I am confused wat to do? should I travel or not I realy missed my family there. thats why I got appointment from my attorny tomarrow to get advise.

I know in this form lots of experienced ppl giving advises to ppl like me, so plz help me wat should I do now?

thanks
May Allah Bless you all

I went to My local D/O office today. and finaly I got I-551 stamp on my passport for one year,According to stamp and Io officer I can travel and work until my application is pending. If case is denied before that time this stamp will expire. I asked from Io officer about my pending I751 appliaction, she said that its only 4 months since you applied may be you will be calles for interview or approve with out that. And all she can see in system is they are working on me case and until now no decision has been made yet. I also asked IO office that if I go out of country and in case, if my aplication deniey can I re-enter to usa with this stamp? She said may be then you can have problem at that time.

I have filed my I751 in december 24 2009. now I am confused wat to do? should I travel or not I realy missed my family there. thats why I got appointment from my attorny tomarrow to get advise.

I know in this form lots of experienced ppl giving advises to ppl like me, so plz help me wat should I do now?

thanks
May Allah Bless you all

I went to my attorny taday and He told me that I-551 stamp on passport is not guarantee to reenter usa.there are more chance that they let you enter but in case if they check your case history and found your status was terminated then may be will not allow you to enter.He advise me that avoid to travel for safe side as he can not give me guarantee to reenter and in case of permission denie he can not do nothing about my case.

After that I also called to cis office @ JFK air port and asked them same question. one of cis officer told me just follow the advice of your attorney, as a refrence he told that they have same case today like me @ jfk air port and that person had hard time he spend few hours @ air port and also depend on uscis that if they put any note on your case/file in that case stamp can not help you.
thats why finaly i have decided that I should not travel ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:eek: