I-751 waiver December filer( divorced/ Bona fide marriage)

inshAlllah all will be fine. In a month, you'll be able to schedule an infopass and make an inquiry since it'll be outside the 6 months processing time. Hopefully you'll hear good news before then.

Dear okalian, InshAllah All will be fine as you said, Thanks for your prays. May AllaH help us all.

Please help me with these questions

Hi okalian and all who posted here,

I appreicate that you posted the useful info here. I benefit a lot by reading this thread. But I still need your help with some questions.

My story is that: My spouse and I know each other for more than 10 years. We had long distance relationship for about 7 years . I came to US as a student in 2005 and we got married in 2007. While I finished school in 2008 and moved to the city where he lives , the red light was on in our marriage. He found excuses to keep distance between us. Later, I found out the truth, which is far from pretty and I filed for divorce (status only). Now I received FL-190 back and a piece of yellow paper saying that the case is not finished yet before it is in written that the spouse support is settled. The marriage termination is around september,2010. My conidtional GC expires around Feb, 2011.

My questions are: 1. How could I get the divorce decree?
2. I should file I-751 waiver as soon as I get the decree not after the marriage
is officially over, right?

Thanks in advance!

1) it depends on your state. I googled FL-190 and it seems that you filed for divorce in California, am I correct? I honestly don't know much about family law...check with the county court and ask.

2) No, you don't have to wait until you get the divorce decree, you actually can file right now and submit a copy of the divorce complaint only. (read this memo for further explanation http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/i-751_Filed_ Prior_Termination_3apr09.pdf)

USCIS will then send you an RFE (Requesting further evidence) and give you 87 days to send them a copy of your divorce decree. Ask a family lawyer or your local family court when will you get the divorce decree.

If you think you'll receive it within the next 90 days, go ahead and file the I-751 waiver now (make sure you attach your divorce complaint). If it takes more than 90 days, you have plenty of time to wait for the divorce to finalize since your greencard doesn't expire until february 2011.

I suggest you call an immigration attorney (there're many who offer free initial consultation) and get their opinion as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a interview for my waiver in a month I dont know what kind of questions they will ask me. Any advice???

I have a interview for my waiver in a month I dont know what kind of questions they will ask me. Any advice???

Good luck for you interview. be prepare for all your history of marriage life. and get toghter all the proof/ evidance to show IO.take Attorney with you , this is very important.

Good luck once again and pray for me too.:)

no updat yet my Appliaction waiting time is close to six months now.

plz pray for me..................................................................

no updat yet my Appliaction waiting time is close to six months now.

plz pray for me..................................................................

Why are you in a rush? You already are a permanent resident, your current time is counting towards citizenship eligibility, and you're eligible to work and travel freely. What's the big deal?

Did you know that I-751's are the least priority applications? This is because applicants already have greencards, so they focus more on processing new i-485's. I know people on other forums who've been waiting for more than 2 years on their waivers. And you're not even six months!

I know you're waiting on the result just for peace of mind but seriously, relax. Watched water never boils.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi

my time line

received conditional gc march2009

got divorced dec 2009

applied for I-751
sent I-751 on march 19th 2010
check cashed april 3rd
fingerprint april 16th 2010
card production ordered may 31st No interview

Hi Folks: I am a January 2010 filer of I-751 "Good faith waiver". I am wondering if there are people in the same boat. It would be helpful to know how your case is proceeding. Following is my timeline.

01/07/2010--I-751"Good faith waiver" sent to VT service center
01/13/2010--It was proceed in their database
Next week 1yr extension received
02/09/2010--Biometric appointment done

Since then I have not received any further communication from USCIS. My case status shows "Initial Review".

Anyone in the same situation?

Thank you.

Hi Folks: I am a January 2010 filer of I-751 "Good faith waiver". I am wondering if there are people in the same boat. It would be helpful to know how your case is proceeding. Following is my timeline.

Since then I have not received any further communication from USCIS. My case status shows "Initial Review".

Thank you.

dear I751 I m in same boat. I applie good faith wiver in dec 23 2009 after my finger prints in jan 25 2010. no update yet.
I hope InshAllah good news will come soon. so keep patient and pray for all of us.

Thank you.

dear I751 I m in same boat. I applie good faith wiver in dec 23 2009 after my finger prints in jan 25 2010. no update yet.
I hope InshAllah good news will come soon. so keep patient and pray for all of us.

Thank you.

Hi Mr2100: Thanks for updating me on this. Let's keep in touch here, so we can be helpful to eachother.

May Allah be with you, buddy.

Hi Mr2100: Thanks for updating me on this. Let's keep in touch here, so we can be helpful to eachother.

May Allah be with you, buddy.
thanks I751, Allah is with us InshAllah soon we will hear good news. plz keep update.