I-751 waiver December filer( divorced/ Bona fide marriage)

mr2100

Registered Users (C)
Hi all I am starting new thread for I751 waiver filer for december 2010 filer. please all who filed in december post all your updats under one thread, so we can check updated in one thread.

thanks and good luck all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, I filed my I-751 waiver divore filed on december 23, 2009 through Immigaration attorney, my case is complecated thats why i hired a good attorney, my long story short is I came usa on visit visa in 2005 got married to usa citizen 2005 got conditional green card in 2006, applied I-751 joint end of 2007, applied citizenship end of 2008 at that time my I-751 was not appvoed, got seprated from wife may 2009, n-400 and i751 interview july, i went there without my wife also she filed divorce before that interview. 2 months later they refused my both appliactions base my wife didnt appear @ interview even she was not called on interview.In result after two months my conditional g card terminated. I talkd to a good immigaration attorney he advised me to finlised divorce and apply I-751 waiver/bona fide marriage. my divorce was finalised december 2009 and after one week my attorny send my case with a lots of evidence to uscis vsc. Now waiting for positive results. plz wish me Good Luck. my marriage was last more then four years so i had lots of proofs like joint lease papers, banks statments, joint utility bills, insurence , my life insurance on her name, etc.
here is my time
married to us citizen :2005
got conditional green card: 2006
12/2007: filed joint I-751
12/2008: applied N-400
05/2009 sepraton
07/2009 I-751/N400 interview (decision can not made at this time)
10/2009 both appliaction refused
12/2009 divorce finlized
12/23/2009 Applied I751 waiver sent to vsc
12/24/2009 appliaction recived chck cashed
12/28/2009 one year extention latter recived(also latter says that extention is not valid if your status was terminated)
12/30/2009 Fp appointment latter for 01/25/2010
01/25/2010 finger print done in 15 minutes
Now waiting game start......................................................

no one december filler here reading this thread? if so please share your timeline and experience. this will help others and you.

best of luck all..................................

no one december filler here reading this thread? if so please share your timeline and experience. this will help others and you.

best of luck all..................................

I filed in Dec, I-751 received on Dec. 22, FP on Jan 14, 2010, now still waiting...

I filed in Dec, I-751 received on Dec. 22, FP on Jan 14, 2010, now still waiting...

good luck mechyboy. I hope now its our turn lots of novermber filler got their green card.
please update us. about your case in this post.

Hi all, I filed my I-751 waiver divore filed on december 23, 2009 through Immigaration attorney, my case is complecated thats why i hired a good attorney, my long story short is I came usa on visit visa in 2005 got married to usa citizen 2005 got conditional green card in 2006, applied I-751 joint end of 2007, applied citizenship end of 2008 at that time my I-751 was not appvoed, got seprated from wife may 2009, n-400 and i751 interview july, i went there without my wife also she filed divorce before that interview. 2 months later they refused my both appliactions base my wife didnt appear @ interview even she was not called on interview.In result after two months my conditional g card terminated. I talkd to a good immigaration attorney he advised me to finlised divorce and apply I-751 waiver/bona fide marriage. my divorce was finalised december 2009 and after one week my attorny send my case with a lots of evidence to uscis vsc. Now waiting for positive results. plz wish me Good Luck. my marriage was last more then four years so i had lots of proofs like joint lease papers, banks statments, joint utility bills, insurence , my life insurance on her name, etc.
here is my time
married to us citizen :2005
got conditional green card: 2006
12/2007: filed joint I-751
12/2008: applied N-400
05/2009 sepraton
07/2009 I-751/N400 interview (decision can not made at this time)
10/2009 both appliaction refused
12/2009 divorce finlized
12/23/2009 Applied I751 waiver sent to vsc
12/24/2009 appliaction recived chck cashed
12/28/2009 one year extention latter recived(also latter says that extention is not valid if your status was terminated)
12/30/2009 Fp appointment latter for 01/25/2010
01/25/2010 finger print done in 15 minutes
Now waiting game start......................................................

Hi

This is in regards to your post. Your Green card may have terminated but your status hasn't. Only courts can cancel status. The termination letter comes as normal practice when applications are denied. The 751 joint was denied because of separation, and a denied 751 causes a 400 denial. Even a few months or weeks can make or break an application.

If your waiting goes beyond whats expected you can file for citizenship based on the 5year rule. You should be fine.

Hi

This is in regards to your post. Your Green card may have terminated but your status hasn't. Only courts can cancel status. The termination letter comes as normal practice when applications are denied. The 751 joint was denied because of separation, and a denied 751 causes a 400 denial. Even a few months or weeks can make or break an application.

If your waiting goes beyond whats expected you can file for citizenship based on the 5year rule. You should be fine.

thanks khayyam, I wanted to travel to my country but my attorney says I should not travel internatinal, until my i751 approved. I realy wanted to go home. wat should I do? and also I need to know If my ex-wife send latter to uscis and says lies about me, can it affect to my appliaction?
please advice?
thanks

thanks khayyam, I wanted to travel to my country but my attorney says I should not travel internatinal, until my i751 approved. I realy wanted to go home. wat should I do? and also I need to know If my ex-wife send latter to uscis and says lies about me, can it affect to my appliaction?
please advice?
thanks

Do not travel. And yes, if you sure that your ex has send something to immigration then your 751 will be investigated to prove the legitimacy of your marriage. And depending on the investigation you will be approved.

Do not travel. And yes, if you sure that your ex has send something to immigration then your 751 will be investigated to prove the legitimacy of your marriage. And depending on the investigation you will be approved.

thank you khayyam for your kind advice.

My life is stuck in I751, waiting waitingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
dont know when my life will come on track? ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Please pray for me All.

My wife got her 10 year green card today... Here is her timeline:

12/15/09 I-751 filed jointly
01/15/10 Fingerprints done
3/19/10 Approval letter received
3/22/10 Green Card received

That was pretty fast.. We expected it to take 6 months or so but it was done in 3.. Not bad... I don't know if it was the strong financial evidence that helped accelerate the process (we own a house together and have a fairly high income level)

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife got her 10 year green card today... Here is her timeline:

12/15/09 I-751 filed jointly
01/15/10 Fingerprints done
3/19/10 Approval letter received
3/22/10 Green Card received

That was pretty fast.. We expected it to take 6 months or so but it was done in 3.. Not bad... I don't know if it was the strong financial evidence that helped accelerate the process (we own a house together and have a fairly high income level)

congarat.............. grand sport, wish you all the best in your life, plz pray for all of us those who are still waiting.

congarat.............. grand sport, wish you all the best in your life, plz pray for all of us those who are still waiting.

I will!!! Now, for us, the next step will be her citizenship.. I'll also apply for green cards for my parents..

Hii didnt filledin December, i filled in March 2009, but i could find a thread, so if you dont mind i would like to share my story here. I live in NYC. I got married on american citizen, in may 2006. I got my conditional green card in may 2007. But the things didnt go well, and we were fighting all the time, one day he just brought me divorce papers...and told me to leave. I didnt sign them, because i didnt want to divorce him , i loved him, but i had to leave ( i left on february 2008). So he start filling divorce byhimself. I called him to ask what,s going on with the divorce , but he never told me anything. I never recieved anything from the court. Just on day in September 2008 i called him and he told me that we are divorced already. He told in the court that i abandoned him for more than 1 year. Anyway, he lied, just to get divorce fast, thats how it works in NY.
After that i filled I-751 waiver ( March 2009) based on bona fide marriage that ended with divorce. My problem was that i didnt have enoughh evidence. I just joint account, affidavits from friends, some letters and reciepts. We didnt have utilitty bills, insurance or lease, because we used to live with his parents and everything was on his mother's name...
So, they send me letter from immigration(November 2009) that i need to send them more evidence...the only thing i could get is the letter from my ex-husband, saying that we lived together as husband and wife in that address at that time...
Also, i went for my biometrics on June 2009.
And on January 2010 i recieved letter to come to appointment, for the interwiev on may 6th 2010 (manhattan office) with my ex-husbent. I still dont understand why he has to come.... But i told him and he said he will come.
So now , i worry a lot, because i dont have enough evidence... and the other thing, i am 6 months pregnant from my boyfriend...
I just keep thinking about worst that can happen,... they can deport me. And if they decide to do it, will they look for me?
I hired a lawyer to help me file the papers and i spent a lot of money, and the work she did i could do it myself... now she is telling me i have to go to this interwiev with lawyer , and it cost $1200...But do i really need a laweyr there, i dont think so, anyway they will ask questions to me not to my lawyer...She just wants more money from me..
I got married because i loved him, and wanted to build a familly with him, but he didnt want kids, he didnt want to many responsibilities, thats why we started fighting... I always worked and payed my taxes, i didnt have any crimminal records...i have my life here, i dont want to leave...
If anyone have experience with I-751 waiver, and can give me advice in this situation, it would be really appreciated. Thank you