I-751 Timeline List

Approved & Card Received

VEGA 1x1

Hello Vega and all the forum, finally is over...thank Vega and all the forum...hope all you will be so happy like i am..

here is my timeline. please update it
I-751, VSC
03/05/08 - Send I-751
03/12/08 - NOA1
04/19/08 - BIO
01/29/09 - Email card production ordered
01/30/09 - Approval e-mail
02/28/09 - Card received

Good luck everyone!

Question...

Did you have an interview for the removal?

VEGA 1x1

Hello Vega and all the forum, finally is over...thank Vega and all the forum...hope all you will be so happy like i am..

here is my timeline. please update it
I-751, VSC
03/05/08 - Send I-751
03/12/08 - NOA1
04/19/08 - BIO
01/29/09 - Email card production ordered
01/30/09 - Approval e-mail
02/28/09 - Card received

Good luck everyone!

Anyone have any updates for January 09 cases yet??

I-751
Filed jointly December 20, 2009 (Tampa Florida)
DO-VSC
RD-01-21-09
ND-None??
Biometrics notice- 1-23-09
Biometrics date-02-13-09
Bio-Done 02-05-09 (done early!)
LUD-02-06-09
Nothing else since......

I got my approval notice in the mail today... Funny, as today would have been my anniversary :D

Approval notice date 03/11/2009

Sooooooooooooo incredibly happy!

Congratulations.

I got my approval notice in the mail today... Funny, as today would have been my anniversary :D

Approval notice date 03/11/2009

Sooooooooooooo incredibly happy!

No more checking the case online congratulations ,hope the card comes soon.

Yeah, I was checking it daily! Crazy... I was advised by an attorney that they would charge $1500 for my divorce and $5000 for the I751 process... I chose to file it all myself without using an attorney. I think that unless you've got a complicated case, you can do this without an attorney. Thanks to everyone on the forum for their advice.

Hi Everybody,
It has been exactly a year since I have applied for my I-751, and I still have not heard anything. I saw on the uscis.gov website that they have updated the processing times. It is showing that they are doing the April 20th 2008, and my application date was March 17, 2008. I called the USCIS this morning and told them that my files are out of processing time frame and I told that what are you going to do about this in order to help me?. He said he is sending a request to VSC right now and I will hear something within 30 days from them If not call us back he said. I asked him what if they send me something but it still says your case is pending because it is out of processing times frame now? He said if it is pending it is pending. I do not know what to base my wait on anymore, plz. someone give me an advise? I will go to my local USCIS office 13th of april my stamp on my passport is expiring then? Could they help me with my case if I ask them about it over at the office? I do not think so, but inform me about it if anyone knows anything about it. I am eligible for citizenship now, but I am not going to apply for it (N400) until I hear an approval from them for my I-751 and I hope this will not take no more than a month. I am very afraid that I am going to get very mad at attack on someone at the office, if they tell me to wait or say something stupid about my papers. I hope everything would be just fine, and I will get my approval e-mail or notice in mail soon. What would you all suggest me to do over my case? I think I am going to write a letter to VSC personally and also contact me congressman here and let them know about my case may be if I do these two it will help.And if it is still not here after the 30 days he told me to wait for on the phone today I will contact an attorney and may be sue them. But u know what, I knew that somehing was wrong with this from the very beggining because this should not have taken this long, I think they are just screwing me over there over and over!!!!!!!!!!Thanks
Good luck to everyone that is waiting,
By the way i read that some of you called the VSC by phone, how did you do that what is their phone number? I WANT TO CALL THEM TOO

Yeah, I was checking it daily! Crazy... I was advised by an attorney that they would charge $1500 for my divorce and $5000 for the I751 process... I chose to file it all myself without using an attorney. I think that unless you've got a complicated case, you can do this without an attorney. Thanks to everyone on the forum for their advice.

hey shinkansen, can you tell me how you prepare your i-751 package already divorced. I have a friend who needs to file but he just divorced, can't afford lawyer either. thanks.

When I filed I-751 (waiver based on good faith / bona fide marriage), I followed the instructions on the form. Went through the form and used a highlighter to mark anything that I needed. When I submitted my package I included:

Proof of wife being a beneficiary on my life insurance, 401k, employee stock.
Proof of wife being on my medical, dental, vision insurance plans.
2 Affidavits from friends, notarized.
Letter from my bank as proof of us having a joint checking account.
Copy of apartment lease in both names.
IRS Federal Tax Statement (call up IRS - get statement for free).
Photos together. Wedding photos, and regular photos.
Cards sent to each other.
Print out of a few emails to each other.
Copy of State ID with wife as my emergency contact.
Reciepts for wedding rings.
Copy of Permanent Resident Card (back and front)

After RFE I sent in:
Statement about how we met, and reasons for divorce. 2.5 pages long.

Hi Everybody,
It has been exactly a year since I have applied for my I-751, and I still have not heard anything. I saw on the uscis.gov website that they have updated the processing times. It is showing that they are doing the April 20th 2008, and my application date was March 17, 2008. I called the USCIS this morning and told them that my files are out of processing time frame and I told that what are you going to do about this in order to help me?. He said he is sending a request to VSC right now and I will hear something within 30 days from them If not call us back he said. I asked him what if they send me something but it still says your case is pending because it is out of processing times frame now? He said if it is pending it is pending. I do not know what to base my wait on anymore, plz. someone give me an advise? I will go to my local USCIS office 13th of april my stamp on my passport is expiring then? Could they help me with my case if I ask them about it over at the office? I do not think so, but inform me about it if anyone knows anything about it. I am eligible for citizenship now, but I am not going to apply for it (N400) until I hear an approval from them for my I-751 and I hope this will not take no more than a month. I am very afraid that I am going to get very mad at attack on someone at the office, if they tell me to wait or say something stupid about my papers. I hope everything would be just fine, and I will get my approval e-mail or notice in mail soon. What would you all suggest me to do over my case? I think I am going to write a letter to VSC personally and also contact me congressman here and let them know about my case may be if I do these two it will help.And if it is still not here after the 30 days he told me to wait for on the phone today I will contact an attorney and may be sue them. But u know what, I knew that somehing was wrong with this from the very beggining because this should not have taken this long, I think they are just screwing me over there over and over!!!!!!!!!!Thanks
Good luck to everyone that is waiting,
By the way i read that some of you called the VSC by phone, how did you do that what is their phone number? I WANT TO CALL THEM TOO

Don't attack anybody or you can forget about your new GC. If you can find the VSC number, please let me know....good luck with that.

Online hasn't been updated yet but we just got a letter (from VT??) saying that my wife has been approved and we should get the new green card within 60 days. Weird that it's not updated online and that the letter came from Vermont, but we'll take it...

Online hasn't been updated yet but we just got a letter (from VT??) saying that my wife has been approved and we should get the new green card within 60 days. Weird that it's not updated online and that the letter came from Vermont, but we'll take it...

IM85U, this is great news! Congratulations to you and your wife!

I saw another person that had theirs transferred to CSC on the 25th and got approved yesterday on the forum link Perayshan has mentioned above. Mine was transferred on the 25th too, so hopefully I will see something before long! I am really hoping I can avoid all the confusion of using the old GC and the extension letter as I am looking to change jobs soon and planning an International trip in a few months here.

Last edited by a moderator:
We traveled on the extension letter - it's a non-issue, nothing to worry about. I don't think the 751 is really that big a deal but getting the approval before the extension runs out means we don't have to deal with them to get another extension.

We traveled on the extension letter - it's a non-issue, nothing to worry about. I don't think the 751 is really that big a deal but getting the approval before the extension runs out means we don't have to deal with them to get another extension.

True! I wasn't worried about traveling on the extension letter, but it can be a hassle sometimes. I remember the time I traveled on an AP and I had to speak to the manager of the immigration officer in my home country to make them realize it was a valid document :). I think many company HRs are also not aware of things like this, whereas it is all a breeze if you have the actual GC instead.

Hi everyone

The only thing it means is some officers are working on March cases. It is like to be in line in the supermarket, you can be the 2nd in line 1 and another person can be the 8th in line 2, if the cashier in line 2 is faster than the cashier in line 1 plus people in line 2 has less items to pay, plus there is not inconvinient with any product, the most probably the person that is the 8th in line 2 is going to check out first before you who was the 2nd but in the slow line. It is the same with Immigration, cases are distributed to diferent officers, some officers are faster than others, some cases have more papers to review, some officers have to RFE, send a letter for interview, etc.
If you are in the faster line, yes most probably you get a good new soon.

Until the USCIS Processing Times does not show they already processed your receipt date, call this people does not help.

Three thing you can do now is:
1. Register to see your case Online, so you can be notified by E-mail any change in your case.
2. Keeping tracking here or other forums, like every one of us do, to see how it is moving and wait until you get the GC, or get a RFE or Interview appointment.
3. Hopefully not, in the event that you will be out of the USCIS Procesing Times call immidiately to report your delay. Tracking here I can tell Processing Dates for the end of March are going to be posted by March 23 since still are people from January and February pending. If you want visit the March Filers forum http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=292193 to see people who has been approven even with March 26.
Same boat. Good luck.
Hi Help2008, and everyone else,
This was your suggestion to me and they finally passed my filing date in processing times on their website. They are now doing the april 20 2008, I have called them severel times and made an inquiry, they said it would take them 30 days for me to get some info about my case, and I have also received an e-mail about this inquiry the next day saying that there is no info available about my case but it is pending. I do not know what to do anymore, the lady on the phone told me that my local office (ATL in my case) have the jurisdiction over my case instead of VSC since they have passed you in processing times. I wonder if I should just ask them to approve my case over there, when I go there to get my passport stamped. Can they approve it over at my local office because it has already been out of processing times.
Filed with TSC 03/14/08
Transferred to VSC 03/17/08
Biometrics 04/18/08
Approval date ?????????????? still pending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!