I-751 Timeline List

I received my permanent resident card in Virginia Beach in 2001 and didn't get my condition removed until early 2006 (it was 2 1/2 years overdue probably mostly because of me moving intra-states a couple of times). Then it took about a year until I got my actual green card, in early 2007. So basically it was a 5 year waiting time for me, with ups and downs. The main thing I learned during that course was that one just needs to keep investing that extra energy, as positively as possible. That may be difficult at times but if you really want something you need to show efforts and think and be positive about it. I just updated the old thread about my case here: Been waiting 2 1/2 years for removal of condition - help please!
All the best to you all,
DT

Hi all,
I'm new in this forum. I'll be required to file for my I-751 this September. Looking at the general time-lines it seems that it approximately takes a year to receive the 10 year GC card. My question is:

1) Can you travel outside the country while waiting for the 10 year card?

2) Do USCIS issue us any form of documentation stating that we are still legal permanent resident during this time?

3) I suppose we are not required to surrender our 2 year conditional GC card. Just verifying this is indeed true.

4) I plan to travel for Christmas back home in Asia and I would have filed for the 10 yr GC by then, would they issue me an advance parole-type document?

Thanks a lot,everyone.

1) Yes - we just did that.
2) After you apply you get a letter stating that you have a 1-year extension.
3) Correct - with your card and letter you're all set.
4) I think 1-3 answer that.

My filing date for I-751 is 03/17/08 and I am already eleven and a half months behind, I am still waiting. I do not know if I will ever get it because I did not receive no letter in the mail or anything recently for additional documents or interview, or anything.
How long do you all think the waiting time is for this?I have been seeing people that applied after me, they are being approved. I hate VSC, i hope god would treat them the same way they treat us here in the last year. I mean I am losing my hopes folks, I am in a depression, please give me some info about how long does this take? What I do not get is how comes CSC customers apply in january 2009 and get it before me and lot of other people. This is crazy, I mean plz. do not get me wrong congragulations to all that got it so far, but VSC is really messed up and I do not have faith in them either.
Thanks,
Good luck to everyone that is waiting.

[]

Hi Alit dont worry be happy. I am waiting for myI751 longer then you. I applied mine 12/16/2007 and until now i am still wating after my finger print, I can understand your situation as we are in same boat.
I hope we will soon get our 10 years card.

good luck all

my time line
D/o Atlanta,ga
12/03/2007 I75 sent to texas
12/16/2007 transfer to csc
01/12/08 fp done
01/22/08 1 year exten
wating..............................
12/26/2008 N-400 filed
01/23/09 fp done
interview: waiting................................

Since my case has been transferred to CSC on 2/25, my case was touched on 2/26 and on 3/1.
By the way, I was in London this week and I came back tonight with expired GC and extension letter, no problem at Heathrow or JFK.

Alit,

I got an RFE over 11 months after I applied. I think you can also get it as late as the 12th month.
Gabby had gotten a notice for interview after her 12th month (no RFE or anything). From what I hear, usually if they give you an RFE, then they will not normally call you in for an interview. But of course, there are always exceptions.

can't you file for citizenship as many of you guys have already completed 3 years since you got your first GC through I-485?

AMUGHAL1, something must have went wrong with your case, I mean they should have approved you few months back already. I would have called and asked them what is going on because as long as you do not do that there is no telling how long it will take them to approve your case, once they exceed the processing dates and have not sent you any notice or etc. something should be wrong. I saw you have already apply for your N-400,Good luck with both of your cases though.

At the moment I am going to be eligible to apply for N-400 as of next sunday which is 03/08/09, but they are charging $685 for application and my I-751 is not approved yet. So that means that they already took my I-751 application money, and they are going to take the N-400 application fee too. I know that I can not be approved for N-400 until my I-751 is approved it has already been almost a year and I do not trusrt them with my money anymore. I heard they are in big trouble with the applications they already have pending, so there is no guarantee with them, and I do not think I am applying for N-400 when I will be eligible. I need my 10-year greencard first then I will apply for my N-400 and give them the money, because even if I send my N-400 when I am eligible to apply they will just take my money and put my N-400 on hold until they approve my I-751. But if I get my 10-year greencard and apply for N-400 it should take approximately 5 months according to the new processing times update. So it is basically the same thing. I do not think many people that are eligible to apply for N-400 but not yet have their I-751 approved apply until they get their approvals.They encourage you on the phone when you ask them if you should go ahead and get your N-400 filed while you are eligible and waiting but believe me how do I know that it should not take them 20 years for them to approve my I-751? Because each time I call someone else answers the phone and tells me different things. If they exceed the processing times this or next month and I do not get no decision on my case I will sue them. That is it. Don't you all think I have a point? Don't you think they have been ruining so many of ours lives'?
Thank you,
Good Luck to everyone that is waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Transfered to CSC from VCS on Feb 26th

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER:
Name...................I-751 Filed............NOA 1...................Biometrics.................... .Approved..........Transfered From?
marajan83...........08/16/2008..............08/20/2008.............09/12/2008.....................--/--/----...............N/A

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.

On February 26, 2009, we transferred this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

what is the Time line after your case gets transfered? how long is the wait?
did anybody got approved after his case was trasfered and how long did that take???? thank for the info in advance

Please update I got transfered to CSC from VSC Marjan83

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER:
Name...................I-751 Filed............NOA 1...................Biometrics.................... .Approved..........Transfered From?
marajan83...........08/16/2008..............08/20/2008.............09/12/2008.....................--/--/----...............N/A

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.

On February 26, 2009, we transferred this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

did anybody got approved after his case was trasfered and how long did that take???? thank for the info in advance
sorry

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER:

There is no real timeline yet for approvals after transfer,its about waiting till you get approved.

I am not sure how many people if any on this forum have been approved yet after transfer to CSC.

AMUGHAL1, something must have went wrong with your case, I mean they should have approved you few months back already. I would have called and asked them what is going on because as long as you do not do that there is no telling how long it will take them to approve your case, once they exceed the processing dates and have not sent you any notice or etc. something should be wrong. I saw you have already apply for your N-400,Good luck with both of your cases though.

At the moment I am going to be eligible to apply for N-400 as of next sunday which is 03/08/09, but they are charging $685 for application and my I-751 is not approved yet. So that means that they already took my I-751 application money, and they are going to take the N-400 application fee too. I know that I can not be approved for N-400 until my I-751 is approved it has already been almost a year and I do not trusrt them with my money anymore. I heard they are in big trouble with the applications they already have pending, so there is no guarantee with them, and I do not think I am applying for N-400 when I will be eligible. I need my 10-year greencard first then I will apply for my N-400 and give them the money, because even if I send my N-400 when I am eligible to apply they will just take my money and put my N-400 on hold until they approve my I-751. But if I get my 10-year greencard and apply for N-400 it should take approximately 5 months according to the new processing times update. So it is basically the same thing. I do not think many people that are eligible to apply for N-400 but not yet have their I-751 approved apply until they get their approvals.They encourage you on the phone when you ask them if you should go ahead and get your N-400 filed while you are eligible and waiting but believe me how do I know that it should not take them 20 years for them to approve my I-751? Because each time I call someone else answers the phone and tells me different things. If they exceed the processing times this or next month and I do not get no decision on my case I will sue them. That is it. Don't you all think I have a point? Don't you think they have been ruining so many of ours lives'?
Thank you,
Good Luck to everyone that is waiting.

hi alit,

they send me notice every time when i called them and gave me 30 days notice now 2 weeks ago was my last call to them and this time they send me withen 6 months time to wait??????????????????????????

I am confused wat to do? i heard that when I apply N-400 then it will force uscis to make decision on I-751 thats why i filled my n-400 to speed up my I751.
Any body have advice for me on this matter? I know this form is great and all of you very coprative, I hope you ppl will give me Good advise

thanks you all
and
Good luck
God bless America and this world

Why is everyone so filled with angst about the I-751 delays? They give you an extension and everyone gets it eventually, don't they? What is the big deal?

I-751

here my timeline :

1-751 VSC
sent on 02/19/2009
RD on 02/20/2009

havnt got anything yet ! is that normal for VSC ? i read some post they got their extention in aweek after forum recieved

thanks

Unfairness.

Why is everyone so filled with angst about the I-751 delays? They give you an extension and everyone gets it eventually, don't they? What is the big deal?

Because its taking a ridiculous amount of time comparing the VSC to CSC we pay the same fees and some wait 12 months and more and some wait 2 months.Its easier in life to have less issue on ones mind thats why there is angst.

Because its taking a ridiculous amount of time comparing the VSC to CSC we pay the same fees and some wait 12 months and more and some wait 2 months.Its easier in life to have less issue on ones mind thats why there is angst.

Yes, but what is the added benefit that the CSC user has comparing to the VSC user?
I can travel and work as much as the CSC user, regardless of how long it takes to be approved.
It's very different than I-485 and N-400 (especially the first one) where the obtained immigration benefit is substantial.
Having said that, I hope I get approved asap. If I'm not though, my life won't be affected. The only inconvenience is to carry a piece of paper with me when I travel.

Yeah, I was just trying to figure out if I was missing something. The 485 was definitely stressful as we waited to see if my wife would be able to stay in the country or if our lives were going to be ripped apart. Since then I have barely given the 751 much thought after I submitted everything. It was not a problem to leave the country and get back in (we've already done that.) She's still legal and working, etc. I don't see how it matters unless we get close to the time of her GC expiration. If we still don't have the 10-yr GC then it will become a pain in the neck and I'll be back here complaining. But until then, whatever - it doesn't seem to matter at all to us.

hi

I filed at VSC.Timeline as follows,
RD:12/23/09 @ VSc
fingerprints date: 01/22/09
Since then no update.

i diid not receive NOA for extending 1 yr period but i called them and they sent me recently.