I-485 for Special Registration Countries?

I did!

Yes, I did send copies of birth certificates both from hospital and the municipal registrar. I am not sure why they are asking for this.

strange

gcdayday
it does seem strange that inspite of the fact that BC is sent intially then what is the purpose of birth affidavit.
Have you inquired from your attorney ?
Also did you change jobs ?

I think asking for birth affidavit is a very common practice in BCIS, I know many folks who submitted their birth certificate and still BCIS asked for birth affidavit. So, don't worry.

I would talk to the lawyer about your parents visiting you and getting affidavit from them here.

Thanks Pork Chop

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply. It made me feel much better. BTW, whatever I said my attorney told me was becuase he was discussing the worst scenario. About being in status after H1, he aknowlaged that I'm would legally be in-status since my 485 is pending, but his concern was that not all immigration officers who are doing SR would view it the same way, and he told me that in this situation they will issue an NTA, and then the court would issue the approval on the spot, only thing he said that it is currently taking very long time for the court appearance date. In all cases, I'm still praying that I will get my approval before my H1 expires in Sept 03, and as a precaution I filed my 7th year ext. Hopfully I would not need it. The attorney's expectation on the approval (or RFE) is about Late June/Early July which is 500+ days from RD. Hope it's right.

Good luck for you and all of us who are waiting.

I am from Indonesia, I just received second RFE asking for proof that I had special registration, my country is in group IV. First RFE around last September, submitted last October, second fingerprint in December. This RFE is asking my I-94 and FIN number. I am applying I-485 and 245(i) as spouse, my wife got her green card in November, was approved in September.

Still waiting to hear from BCIS

I submitted my response to RFE and BCIS received it on March 11, 2003. I sincerely hope that BCIS will start working on cases from SR countries begining next month as Special Registration will end by the end of day tomorrow.

BCIS will then have all the data that they want to look at for the applicants from SR countries. I have heard that there are some training issues that are hampering the officers from approving the cases that belong to SR countries. Officers now have to use this new system and get the authentication online and for some of the officers it is quite a *TASK*.

Month of May should bring good news to a number of people in this thread.

Thanks.

EAD

Applied for EAD renewal 01/21/03
Nothing so far from NSC
Got interim EAD yesterday from local office,valid for 08 months.

Approval w/o Registration?

Anbybody from spec-reg countries with pending
I-485 who did NOT have to register (e.g., entered
last on AP) and got approval? (Naturally, this
question only applies to male applicants.)

There have been a couple of approvals for spec_reg
countries but all those had already registered.
They mostly seem not to have received RFE for
proof of special registration (one person in this
forum did).

My guess is that BCIS can check their system to
see if somebody has registered (for the most
part), but I am wondering whehter they can also
check their system to see whether a person was
not subject to spec_reg or they will have to issue
an RFE to get that information.

My Approval finally for Special Registrant countries
485 approval Finally for SR countries
Hi
I got my status changed ( and for my wife) on INS website it says your case got approved on April 22. Just for the record I am from a special registrant country..

RD Sep 15 01
ND Oct 19 01
FP April 4 02

RFE for Employment Dec 22 02
RFE responded Jan 7Th 03

( did Special registration on Feb 13th. Did not rcv any RFE to submit evidence for that)

REF response Rcvd ( Jan 10th 03) as per website

Approval notice mailed April 22 03 as per website

Thanks everyone for the info and fotr the forum hosts..
medigineeers

special registration country

rd:9/28/01
nd:10/28/01
rfe:1/23/03
rfe responded: 3/7/03

According to INS customer service, case hasn't been issued to an officer yet after they received my response. variety of reasons for that such as case officer too busy, on vacation, retasked etc.

I have even emailed both senators offices and my local congressman if they could help either expedite or find out what is the holdup. no response from them either.

Another SR applicant approved

Guys -

I just got a phone call from one of my ex-colleague. They were approved per Online Status check yesterday. I don't have all the details for their cases but their RD is somewhere in 01/2001. I think they went through second sets of everything, got RFE (not sure what it is), possibly third sets. Anyway, hang in there folks...
;)

now what

had my last rfe recd by BCIS on dec 9, 2002.
originally
RD Oct 2001

Now on may 5, 2003 another rfe...dont know yet what is it about ...will know soon...maybe about SR...

I had used my advance parole on Dec 15, 2002...so I did not go for SR..in that case what evidence will I be submitting...

this thing is ridiculous...after 5 months of receiving rfe..another rfe...dont know yet what the heck it is about...

Hai, UK1, I think you will get the same RFE as mine, if you didn't go SR, they will ask you to provide evidence of why you didn't go for SR.

sj2000 & UK1

sj200: Can you confirm whether you got RFE asking why you did not
go for SR? If so, this would mean that they are not able to
check on their system whether somebody has entered on AP while
adjudicating I-485.
Also, did you happen to have a dependent (wife) who was not
subject to SR? If so, is that application also held up? Would
you mind sharing some details of your case such as RD,ND, etc.?

UK1: If your RFE ends up being evidence of why you did not go for SR,
I believe all you need to send them is a copy of your AP paper
with the parole stamp, or a copy of your I-94 with the same
stamp (or both). Also, if you want, you can get the statement
from AILA (available on many immigration websites) confirming
an INSHQ memo that reiterates that those who entered on AP were
not subject to SR.

Here are my details:
Category EB-2 (NIW)
RD: Nov 15, 01
ND: Nov 30, 01
FP: April 17, 02
EAD: 1st- Dec. 31, 01; 2nd- Oct. 30, 02
AP: 1st- Dec 25, 02; 2nd- Jan. 6, 03
No RFE or Approval to date.

I got a RFE that asking for SR proof and if i didn't go to register, I need to explain why, so it does not say that I didn't go for SR. I am applying as spouse and also 245(i). My wife got her green card already last year around December. Our received date around August 2001, notice date around September 2001, Approval date for my wife around September 2002. First RFE for my case around October 2002, and second one April 2003.

Congratulations

You are one of the few 245(i) cases who belong to an SR country and still got the approval.

What country.. if I must know?

Good luck to you in your post-485 life.

Thanks.