I-485 for Special Registration Countries?

I-485
-------
RD: 11/30/2001
AP: Never applied
1st RFE on 04/24/2003: for Employment verification BCIS received response on 05/05/2003
2nd RFE on 05/22/2003: for Special Registration and a copy of Interim-EAD BCIS received response on 06/05/2003.

RFE detail regarding Special Registration: Copy of I-94 that shows NSEERS registration (Fingerprint Identification Number) and if I am not subject for the registration then explain why?

I went to district office for the registration but they refused to register me because my last entry to US was after 09/30/2002 and neither I was registered at the border upon my last entry.

In response to RFE, my attorney sent a letter along with a copy of I-94. In that letter she covered all of the above mentioned detail and explained them why I am not subject for the registration.

Waiting for a favorable decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485 recenet update
----------------------------
Case transfered to local office.
Any idea how long will it take there?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wondering if there are others from SR country who are not subject to SR (due to admit date, etc.), and got RFE for SR, got their case transfered after replying to the RFE.

I recently got 2nd RFE for SR, which I am not subject to as I last entered the US earlier this year on AP.

Hi DaoMingTze!
Can you inform us some detail about your I-485 application like:
RD:
ND:
EAD:
AP:
RFE detail and date:

Thanks

Indonesia
RD:9-01
ND:10-01
EAD/AP: forgot, but getting my 3rd one now.

RFE1 :12/02 employment
RFE2 : 5/03 registration

I'm going slightly mad....

Approved from SR country

I am from NSEERS country but I was not subject for finger printing because my last entry the US was after 09/30/02 and I was also not registered at the border upon my last entry. I received RFE on both 485 and EAD applications regarding NSEERS registration. They requested for a copy of the arrival-departure record (I-94) that indicates NSEERS registration (Fingerprint Identification Number). In response to RFE my attorney sent a letter to cover all these detail and explained them why I am not subject for the registration. Then after following things happened:

485 case was transferred from NSC to local office (Bloomington, Minnesota) … June 03.
Second EAD applied in July 03 at local office and received it same day
Second finger printing was done in Oct. 03.
Interview call letter received in Nov 03.
Interview was done in Dec 03. Passport was also stamped at the time of interview.

Today I feel free … wish you best of luck.
:)