I-485 for Special Registration Countries?

fax number

jamijum my I-485 was filed 13 months ago and I had received packet 3.5 from islamabad in june 2001 as my I-140 was approved much earlier.
Tried to talk to my lawyer again but he is adamant that there is no need for them to contact the embassy.
I have faxed a letter to them myself and also mailed it as well.
Lets see what happens.I don`t think consulting a new lawyer will help me at this time.I`ll have to stick with the same goofballs.

gcdayday here is the fax number for the consular section
92-51-2822632.

I am also thinking of calling them myself.

RFE issued

Thanks guys! I just wanted to let you know that there was an RFE issued on my case yesterday according to the on-line system.

I don't know the details yet but I will post when I get the letter from them.

Normally, I would be pissed off to get RFE, but right now I am happy that they have finally started working on my case. It gives me some relief that my case is not transferred for CP processing.

gcdayday

I cannot believe my words that I am going to utter here :)

"Congratulations gcdayday!!"

lets hope that it is a simple RFE to reply.

Haraputta.

Personally I hate to see RFE, because all it does is delay the approval. But in this case, I was really happy to see this RFE. See, time changes every thing!
gcdayday, congrats. It is indeed very encouraging news for all of us. Hopefully you will break the silence!

My H1 application is pending in Dhaka embassy from december 02. I have come back in USA on advance parole. My lawyer says I can go back to h1 once my visa is approved. I called in the Dhaka embassy and they surprised that I am no longer staying in dhaka. They suggested me to apply again. I still don't know what to do. I need the visa stamp for my wife's H4. Can anyone advice?

Approved

I can't wait to tell everyone that it is my turn to say approved.

I just found out that my wife's and mine cases have been approved on April 16, 03

I am so much happy.

Me best wishes are with all of you who are waiting.

Thanks to Mr. Hanna, repent and every one in this group.

Good luck....

RD 10/01/01
ND 10/30/01
REF 01/03/03
REF RD by BCIS 01/28/03
Assigned to Officer 02/11/03
AP 04/16/03

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

au1,
This is a great news. Assuming that you are from one of the countries that are/were subjected to SR, I believe that this gives hope to every one of us in this thread to remain optimistic.

If I may ask, which country are you from?

Again! Congratulations.

Thanks.

I am from Pakistan and I did my SR on 01/30/03.

Still waiting for the hard copy of the approval.

congratulations!!

first of all, congrats to you and your wife. this is the second recent approval for pakistan, (first was jamijum), and this is heartening news for people from special registration countries.

enjoy your freedom!

Great News au1... I hope we'll soon hear the series of good news from the rest of the thread members...

Congrats to you and your family. Just relax for couple of days, I know how it feels to get the load off:D

7th Year Ext. Eligibility

Hi Guys,

Thasks for all your postings. I've been watching it for few months, and this is my first post as I have a question and would like to have your experience/information on it.

I'm from a Group 1 SR country. My RD is 2/02 ND, is 3/02, FP 6/02. My H1 will expire 9/03. I appeared for SR Nov 02. I'm now in the process of renewing my EAD/AP.

I'm worried that my H1 expires before my I-485 is approved, and would then appear for my annual SR (Nov 03) with an expired H1, where I will be considered out-of-status (weather my I-485 is pending or not). I spoke to my attorney who's now filing an H1 ext. for me. He told me that my chances for approval are 50/50 since it would be approved if you have a pending Labor or I-140 application for more than a year, and mine are already approved. He said my I-485 would not make me eligible even if it has been pending for more than a year. Does any of you have a smiliar experience on this, or do you know if somebody get his 7th year H1 approved while in 485?. I really appreciate your input to this matter.

Thanks
WTNG ....

au1: RFE for Spec_reg?

au1,

First of all, congratulations.

Judging from your dates, it seems that you did
not ever get an RFE for proof of Spec_reg. Could
you confirm this?

Thank you,

No Ref for Spec_reg.

No Ref for Spec_reg.

Ref I had was for Employment letter and Birth affidavits.

for WTNG

your attorney seems pretty ignorant!

first of all, if you have an i485 pending, you are in legal status. and you remain in legal status indefinitely until your i485 is adjudicated. this status is often referred to as "pending adjustment", and is in addition to any non-immigrant status that you may have as long as that non-immigrant status is recognized as "dual-intent". the two non-immigrant categories that fall under this classification are H (H1, H4) and L (L1, L2).

if you appear for Special Registration with and expired H1 and pending i485, you are completely OK. the BCIS (then INS) officer assured me of this when i had appeared for my SR.

as regards your H1 renewal, we have not heard of cases where it is denied simply because you have an approved i140 and your i485 is pending. that is completely an indepedent process. i can say that with certainty because i am in the exact same situation: my H1 has expired, my EAD has also expired, my new EAD renewal application is still not approved, but since i never worked on EAD before (hence my H1 status was not invalidated), my employer has filed an H1 extention for me so that i can continue my employment legally. (you can continue working legally if an H1 extension is pending, but not while EAD renewal is pending.)

hope this calms your fears.

OK, my RFE is for employment verification and Birth Affidavits.

My parents are currently in the US visiting me. Can I just get the affidavits from them and have them notarized here? Would that create any issues/questions since their address will be of Pakistan and the notarization will be from US?

Also, some of the notary public places here don't really notarize the document, they do signature verification, is that good enough?

Thanks

:confused:

Birth Affidavit

gcdayday

Didn`t you send copies of birth certificates when you filed for AOS?