I 140: NSC Consolidated XL Tracker

This Poll is to determine which cenetr is processing your I 140 to update the tracker

• Total voters
EB2
I-140 RD:6/30/2006
I-140 ND:7/12/2006
I-140 LUD:7/12 - 7/24 - 7/25/2006
I-140 Receipt# : LIN-06-212
Concurrent filing using cross chargeability

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody filed after April 15th got their approal/RFE? Last weeek we saw many approvals and this week not as many.

Does the online case status show that RFE has been sent ?

pranamNY said:
Can u pls tell us what RFE was all about?

I also got RFE which is mail on july 17 06.My employer told me that it usually take 2 weeks to get it.
-------------------------------------------
Case RIR - CA - EB3
PD April 15, 2002
I140 April 3, 2006 (NSC)
RFE mailed july 17 06
LUD july 18,2006
LUD july 22 2006
RFE not yet received

Please let me know if the online status lets you know if na RFE was issued on your case or not.

Yeah man! Thats true

Genius said:
Anybody filed after April 15th got their approal/RFE? Last weeek we saw many approvals and this week not as many.
This week not so many approval msgs. I wonder whats going on.

Fd:apr 05 Nd:apr06

Is there anybody who applied I-140 on or before the above date and hasn't yet received the approval or RFE? I wonder when I see approval msgs from people with a filing date after 04/05/06 since I haven't got the approval (FD:APR05)

I got this message

"On July 17, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 30 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours."
-----------------------------------------------
Case RIR - CA - EB3
PD April 15, 2002
I140 April 3, 2006 (NSC)
RFE mailed july 17 06
LUD july 18,2006
LUD july 22 2006
RFE not yet received

pururwa said:
Please let me know if the online status lets you know if na RFE was issued on your case or not.

Online status updates when you get the RFE. Atleast that happened in my case.

pururwa said:

Question

cantwait4gc said:
All,

I have received RFE from NSC.
It reads "It has been determined after review of the petition and supporting documentation that an advisory evaluation of the alien's credentials must be obtained before a decision can be made.This eveluation is necessary to determine the level and major field of educational attainment described in the supporting document in terms of equivalent education in the United States".

I have 4 year Bachelor degree from India.What should we do now?.Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

What degree you have? Is it just bachelor's degree from India? and what was the requirement on LCA for education?
I am using a pre approved labor with requirement of bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engg field. I have a bachelor's degree in Engg from India and then Masters degree from here. My attorney did not ask me to get my evaluation done of my bachelor's degree, so I am thinking that should I go ahead and do it and be prepared ahead of time?

I have 4 year Bachelor degree in CS from India.Labor had a requirement of Bachelor (4 year) in CS or related.I think it's better to send the evaluation to avoid rfe.

Normally with I-140 application we also send copy of educational evaluation. At least in my case I know we did.
Do you mean you want to get it re-done and send?
cantwait4gc said:
I have 4 year Bachelor degree in CS from India.Labor had a requirement of Bachelor (4 year) in CS or related.I think it's better to send the evaluation to avoid rfe.

brijnandan said:
we have replied RFE on 5th June, but its almost 2 month no news, status does say they received on 6 June.

does any one else waiting after submitting RFE this long or every one got in a week to 10 days, should I check with USCIS??

My RFE was responded 22nd May. And someone close to my receipt number had replied 26th Apr to his RFE. All of us I-140 cases. So hopefully it helps. I think once the RFE is issued, its forwarded to the supervisor by the adjudicator decision. So I think in this case the supervisor himself is taking a nap.

Genius said:
Normally with I-140 application we also send copy of educational evaluation. At least in my case I know we did.

My lawyer said he sent the evaluation along with I-140, but i don't trust him.He sent the evaluation they did in 2001, is there any expiration date for the evaluation?.
My old evaluation reads " achieved the equivalent of Bachelor's degree in CS at an accredited institution in US".
In my rfe, NSC says
An acceptable evaluation should:
1) COnsider formal education only, not practical training exp
2)Provide detailed explanation of the material evaluated, rather than simple conclusive statement
3)Briefly state the qualifications & experience of the evaluator providing the opinion.

My lawyer is planning to get the supplemental for the old evaluation and add the above requested details.

Is this a good idea?.

As per my lawyer there is no expiry date to the original evaluation. Nebraska is stiffer in scrutiny so likely they want documentary proof that foreign degree is indeed equivalent.

You should get another detailed evaluation yourself and then send to lawyer.

Good Luck and keep us updated.

cantwait4gc said:
My lawyer said he sent the evaluation along with I-140, but i don't trust him.He sent the evaluation they did in 2001, is there any expiration date for the evaluation?.
My old evaluation reads " achieved the equivalent of Bachelor's degree in CS at an accredited institution in US".
In my rfe, NSC says
2)Provide detailed explanation of the material evaluated, rather than simple conclusive statement
3)Briefly state the qualifications & experience of the evaluator providing the opinion.

My lawyer is planning to get the supplemental for the old evaluation and add the above requested details.

Is this a good idea?.

My case is exactly same as yours. My evaluation is dated back in 2000.
I think it's better to get the evaluation done.
One thing is surprising if they do not consider experience towards equivalancy in education, then how DOL accepts the same at the time of H1?

Because for a 3 year degree it is never going to be equivalent to US bacholors unless exp. is counted.

Anybody with 3 year in EB3 got their approval?

cantwait4gc said:
In my rfe, NSC says

Is this a good idea?.

Nebraska is quiet again

Last week I saw a flicker in the NSC processing centre. I had high hopes nothing happened....My friend applied concurrently a day after me his application went to Texas and he already got his GC approved two days back...I have not even completed the I 140 step well I guess the concept of sister centre is not really working. Well TSC is the fast sister and NSC is the slower sister

PD:July 2002
140 AD,ND April 06 LUD 07/22/2006 not approved
485 AD,ND April 06 LUD 05/23/3006 not approved

Genius said:

It can be not necessary to send evaluation for EB3. If there is no requirements for education, evaluation does not need to be sent. EB3 is the category for the POSITIONS which require individuals with BS OR for the POSITIONS which require 2 years of special training.

For example I can understand when employer places in the special requirements of LC "2 years of previous experiense as a software developer"
(100% it will work without evaluation) instead of placing "BS in Computer Sciense with 2 years exp as soft. dev."