I 140: NSC Consolidated XL Tracker

This Poll is to determine which cenetr is processing your I 140 to update the tracker

• Total voters
Re: Received an RFE email acknowledgement today

Yes, my case has been touched.
Today I have received an email regarding the status of my pending I-140 petition filed on 10/12/2007. I have contacted my attorney today and inquired about the RFE notice, but she didn't receive any regular mail notice from USCIS yet.

It says:

Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.

On June 22, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or
information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit
the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense
until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires.
Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified
by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from
you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

I am confused, frustrated and really worried about it. Hoping for some minor evidence from Employer.....
I am already in 10th year of my H-1(b) and desperately need this approval to extend my H-1 for next three years.
Any advice from guru's, what it could be?

----------------------
LC Filing : 07/27/2003, CT, EB-3, RIR
LC Approval : 09/07/2006

I-140 FD: Oct 12, 2006
I-140 LUD: Oct 26, 2006
I-140 RFE Notice info. in email: Jun 22, 2007
---------------------
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Rohila,

RFE's on I-140 are mostly on 2 issues.
1) Education/Experience
2) Ability to pay

Can you tell what your qualification is?
And for the ability to pay, do you know what was the proferred wage on the LC and whether or not you are getting that much. How many employees your employer has and what is the financial health of your employer.

Yes, my case has been touched.
Today I have received an email regarding the status of my pending I-140 petition filed on 10/12/2007. I have contacted my attorney today and inquired about the RFE notice, but she didn't receive any regular mail notice from USCIS yet.

It says:

Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.

On June 22, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or
information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit
the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense
until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires.
Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified
by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from
you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

I am confused, frustrated and really worried about it. Hoping for some minor evidence from Employer.....
I am already in 10th year of my H-1(b) and desperately need this approval to extend my H-1 for next three years.
Any advice from guru's, what it could be?

----------------------
LC Filing : 07/27/2003, CT, EB-3, RIR
LC Approval : 09/07/2006

I-140 FD: Oct 12, 2006
I-140 LUD: Oct 26, 2006
I-140 RFE Notice info. in email: Jun 22, 2007
---------------------
Thanks

Re: RFE

==>BS in Computer Science from US before getting H-1 job
==>BS in MIS (with Business) from US before getting H-1 job
==>10 years of US work experience

And for the ability to pay, do you know what was the proferred wage on the LC and whether or not you are getting that much.
==>I am not sure about preferred wage on LC, but it was an EB3 as computer programmer and right now I am earning a lot more than when i filed LC in 2003.

How many employees your employer has
==>27

and what is the financial health of your employer.
==>I guess Satisfactory. USCIS has already approved 7-8 green card petitions during the last 7 years.

My 140 was filed in August 05th 2006 at NSC with a request to port 2003 EB2 priority date, I have no update so far. could you please advise what could be the reason?

Your education seems to be fine. Most probably the RFE is about your employer's ability to pay. You either have to be paid atleast the LC wages from the date your LC was filed. so for all years starting 2003
OR
your employer has to prove that they had the ability to pay you the difference.

If your employer is in good financial health and has been since 2003, you should be fine.

And for the ability to pay, do you know what was the proferred wage on the LC and whether or not you are getting that much.
==>I am not sure about preferred wage on LC, but it was an EB3 as computer programmer and right now I am earning a lot more than when i filed LC in 2003.

==>27

==>I guess Satisfactory. USCIS has already approved 7-8 green card petitions during the last 7 years.

Looks like you may not have issue with your educational/ability 2 pay, may be some minor issues on your experience letter format etc... like that... i believe you will not have any major issues... keep us posted.

Can you tell me few digits from your LIN number, my dates are similar to your I140 dates including to LUD date also...

Good Luck.

==>27

Hi Greynicolls,
After mulling over PP upgrade I have decided not to upgrade for the time being. If there is no advantage with 485 processing it doesn't really help my case.

Another thing to conside would be the glut of applications received in July and the impact that has on NSC processing. If it comes to a stand still for 2 months I will think about PP again may be.

i dont see n e risk in doing PP for I-140, but as discussed earlier in this forum even with an approved I-140 u don't get n e faster processing for I-485.

The only advantage of an approved I-140 is the AC-21 portability ( that is if your 485 has been pending for 6 months and you have an approved I-140, you are eligible for AC-21 portability , and can switch jobs in a s imiliar position without jeopardizing ur immigration case).

I-485 dates are moving slowly but in step with the I-140 dates......so waiting for the I-140 approval while you wait for I-485, is not a bad option unless you are looking to change jobs as soon as your six month deadline is over

Yes, I have 485 sent on Jun 7th but update yet. Since USCIS is processing Sep'2006 I-140 cases, I didn't think about upgrading to PP. Should I need to that?

I-140 Approved

Hi Greynicolls,
After mulling over PP upgrade I have decided not to upgrade for the time being. If there is no advantage with 485 processing it doesn't really help my case.

Another thing to conside would be the glut of applications received in July and the impact that has on NSC processing. If it comes to a stand still for 2 months I will think about PP again may be.

I opened my mail just now and there was an LUD e mail, which states that the approval notice for I-140 has been sent on 6/26/07

Hi Greynicolls,

well i mulled over the same problem as u did, and didn't do the PP as i saw no advantage in doing that as i was behind the 485 dates....

its still not the comfortable choice (if money is not an issue), but it sure is the common sense choice, unless u have been waiting six months already and are eligible for AC-21, then it becomes a judgement call btw common sense and comfort of being able to move jobs

stay put and good luck

Congrats! I believe your's is EB2? So does that mean NSC is now approaching Oct 2006 RD cases? The last processing time update mentioned 05 Sep 2006, so looks like they have moved fast since then !!

My 140 case (PD recapture) has been pending since early Jan and I recently filed my 485. Do I stand to benefit from PP (I need to bear that expense) or should I just wait it out?

I opened my mail just now and there was an LUD e mail, which states that the approval notice for I-140 has been sent on 6/26/07

This is a tough spot to be in. IF your I-140 is filed less than 7-8 monhts, it makes sense to upgrade it to PP. But for someone like me (EB-2 RD 9/15/2006), It's a tough choice and we will always have this feeling that our cases are about to be processed anytime now, so why waste $1000. (Who knows we'll have the same feeling for another few months or we'll really get lucky)

Congrats! I believe your's is EB2? So does that mean NSC is now approaching Oct 2006 RD cases? The last processing time update mentioned 05 Sep 2006, so looks like they have moved fast since then !!

My 140 case (PD recapture) has been pending since early Jan and I recently filed my 485. Do I stand to benefit from PP (I need to bear that expense) or should I just wait it out?

Congrats greynicolls!

Can you provide some more details on your case please?

Size of company
Financial health of company
Getting LC wages?
Any RFE?

So much for consistency at USCIS - here you have a 9/15 case that is pending but while greynicolls' 10/16 case is approved! It could either mean:
a. they have "reached" 10/16 and bomber's case got stuck for some reason, or
b. they haven't reached 9/15 and greynicolls got lucky :)

Which one is more likely?

Congrats greynicolls!

Can you provide some more details on your case please?

Size of company
Financial health of company
Getting LC wages?
Any RFE?