I-140 Approved after Aug ,Please share the Information

Could you all please share your priority dates ?
Mine is Sep 2002 and Paid fee bill on 11/22/2004

Waiting for packet 3 to get generated.

June04

What will happen to us now ? Will wait for another 9-10 months to get priority date to current ?

what about packet 3 ?
june04

June04,

My 6th yr completing on 30-Mar-04 and seems like my forutne in not going good.

Well the first thing happened bad is PD retrogression. so would have to save the job for another 1 to 1.5 yrs coz can't chnage employer if you r on CP.

Actually I had requested 7th yr extension, when I applied my last H1B extension in Aug'04 for last span of 6 yrs. But they didn't approve 7th yr at that time.

so last week I asked my attorney to prepare for filing my fresh 7th yr extension and somehow my stupid employer sent the petition directly to UCIS(without attaching $$$), instead of sending it to attorney.

So Yesterday, I asked my attorney to prepare new application and then I will file it again probably next week.

Let us see what happens. By the way what your attorney is saying about filing 485 or when the PD are expected to reach SEP'02 or OCT'02(mine)

Thank you prosix for a quick reply.

My 6th year is expiring in first week of july. I will probably apply sometime in March-April for my 7th year extension.

As far as 485 is concerned, My lawyer did not suggest anything. I talked to one more lawyer who is very experienced in immigration. He said that PD should become current in 6-8 months.

We thought this way :
If PD did not retrogress, we would have got interview in april-may.
Now , with retrogression , i believe we should get interview by Oct-Nov. (not sure though..you can help me if i am wrong)

Looks like, worst case we'll loose 6 months. What do you say ?

If i apply for 485 now, i have to apply in Texas. I have to wait for another 2.5 years for 485 to get approved. I still feel , we are better off with CP.

What did you do ? Did you go for 485 ?
june04

does 230pI need to be signed by the applicant?

Hi,

I have a question about whether 230 Part I needs to be signed by the applicant if there is an appointed agent? I have my attorney appointed to handle the case, and he sent me drafts of the 230, we are expecting P3 to arrive within a couple weeks. Am I and my depents going to need to sign the forms or the attorney can take care of it? Also, I was wondering if it was possible for the attorney to prepare a P3 before they actually receive the P3, in other words, is it possible to sign and prepare everything and then send those back and not the actual 230s mailed by NVC? I am trying to see this to calculate the turnaround time. I think my P3 will arrive towards the end of dec.

thanks in advance,
i140inCA

Yes, you need to sign it, not your attorney.

The att. can prepare the P3 before it has be recd. I belive they just need the cover page with the bar code for sending the docs. back to NVC.

June04 said:
Thank you prosix for a quick reply.

My 6th year is expiring in first week of july. I will probably apply sometime in March-April for my 7th year extension.

As far as 485 is concerned, My lawyer did not suggest anything. I talked to one more lawyer who is very experienced in immigration. He said that PD should become current in 6-8 months.

We thought this way :
If PD did not retrogress, we would have got interview in april-may.
Now , with retrogression , i believe we should get interview by Oct-Nov. (not sure though..you can help me if i am wrong)

Looks like, worst case we'll loose 6 months. What do you say ?

If i apply for 485 now, i have to apply in Texas. I have to wait for another 2.5 years for 485 to get approved. I still feel , we are better off with CP.

What did you do ? Did you go for 485 ?
june04

June04,

I am not going to 485 path as suggested by my attorney that even with PD regression CP would be much faster to get GC in your hands. Only catch is you would have to keep your job in safety box and don't loose it :)

Me and my wife decided that we will stick with CP, no matter what happens. worst case, I am ready to go back, even though I have purchased a house last month :) thinking that I will get GC in Apr/May, but now would have to wait more.

My attorney is saying worst case it may take 2 yrs to become current, but we are not waiting for PD becoming current as my PD is Oct'02.

Today my NVC message chnaged to "Received the Fee bill", any idea how much time it will take to get P3 (or they will send due to PD regrsn)?

Keep us posted for any development/news.

prosix said:
June04,

I am not going to 485 path as suggested by my attorney that even with PD regression CP would be much faster to get GC in your hands. Only catch is you would have to keep your job in safety box and don't loose it :)

june04 : Even we thought like that.

Me and my wife decided that we will stick with CP, no matter what happens. worst case, I am ready to go back, even though I have purchased a house last month :) thinking that I will get GC in Apr/May, but now would have to wait more.
june04 : Congratulations on your new House !! You know, we are also thinking now about house. Let's see how it goes.

My attorney is saying worst case it may take 2 yrs to become current, but we are not waiting for PD becoming current as my PD is Oct'02.

june04 : Right. it should reach to Sep-Oct 2002 in a year i think,

Today my NVC message chnaged to "Received the Fee bill", any idea how much time it will take to get P3 (or they will send due to PD regrsn)?

june04: My NVC message has not changed since Nov 8th. It still says " Immigrant visa fee bill generate on Nov 8th ". Not sure. why..i think, i should call NVC and check out.

About, packet 3 , someone told me that packet 3 will not be generated until PD becomes current. Anyway, i have sent DS230 part I to Lawyer.

Keep us posted for any development/news.

june04 : sure.

I called NVC just now to check the status of my Fee Bill. The customer representative told me that the P3 would be sent when the Fee Bill is received. He said that the retrogression would not imply that P3 is held up. So what I understand from this is that all stages till the interview might continue unimpeded

Wow..That's good. I sent my fee bill on 22nd November. Message has not changed yet.

is this normal ?
june04

Define normal :rolleyes: Seriously - looking at past records from cptracker, it has varied from as much as a few days to as much as a month. Did you track as to when it reached there?

June04 said:
All,
My message changed to "Fee Bill received on Dec 16th" .

Waiting for packet 3 now.
june04

hi june04,

Your pd is sep 02 ...you will not get the interview soon... mine is also sep02.my case has already been forwarded to the consulate.

prosix said:
June04,

My 6th yr completing on 30-Mar-04 and seems like my forutne in not going good.

Well the first thing happened bad is PD retrogression. so would have to save the job for another 1 to 1.5 yrs coz can't chnage employer if you r on CP.

Actually I had requested 7th yr extension, when I applied my last H1B extension in Aug'04 for last span of 6 yrs. But they didn't approve 7th yr at that time.

so last week I asked my attorney to prepare for filing my fresh 7th yr extension and somehow my stupid employer sent the petition directly to UCIS(without attaching $$$), instead of sending it to attorney.

So Yesterday, I asked my attorney to prepare new application and then I will file it again probably next week.

Let us see what happens. By the way what your attorney is saying about filing 485 or when the PD are expected to reach SEP'02 or OCT'02(mine)

Just a friendly advice.

In your case it is better to file I-485 ASAP. Otherwise every time you go to outside US you have to go stamping. Once you apply for I-485 you will have EAD and AP where you can save the H1 money which is going to be $3000 per year including your attorney fees Plus you have get stamping every time you out side US.

I would not suggest any to go for seventh year when you have approved I-140.

My I140 for NIW was approved in the last week of October.

I have not yet received the fee bill.When I call NVC,the automated system says that there is no record of my case!

Its been almost 2 months! Whats happening?

GCChaahiye said:
My I140 for NIW was approved in the last week of October.

I have not yet received the fee bill.When I call NVC,the automated system says that there is no record of my case!

Its been almost 2 months! Whats happening?

Gccchaciye,

wait for some more time...Texas ins will take more time to send the i140 apporval to nvc.For me it has taken around 50 days....
be patient ...go to www.cptracker.com...