I-140 Approved after Aug ,Please share the Information

The NVC has logged my case.

I-140 AD, 9/23, EB3, TSC
NVC RD, 11/4
NVC Case created, 11/22

(cptracker.com - Zops)

about fee bill

I received my fee bills today from NVC, i was wondering what is your arrangement in general with your companies. Does your company pay your your fees as well as your dependents'. If they do, how do they tipically go about paying it, do you get a money order and then get reimbursed for it from the company? Any input is much appreciated.

Many thanks,
i140inCA

Depends on the co. If the cos. normally pick up the immigraiton cost of the employe and dependent then they will pay. In my case they did.

thanks for the responses on this!
our attorney emailed us last week that their office received the fee bill and 'we' (the applicants) should send them the check. we were under the impression that the company is footing all the bills, but after the email i thought that maybe NVC needs a check from the applicant or something... Anyways, the misuderstanding was cleared and the company is sending the check to the lawyer so that they can send it to St.Luis... Just another week of delay.

PCC from Chicago

I would like to share a piece of info about PCC. I applied for PCC at Indian Consulate at Chicago and they told me that even if my Passport is issued from Chicago, It takes 40 days for them to issue PCC.

My Advice to all who need to apply to Chicago for PCC is to keep this timing planned.

thanks

Bhasu said:
I would like to share a piece of info about PCC. I applied for PCC at Indian Consulate at Chicago and they told me that even if my Passport is issued from Chicago, It takes 40 days for them to issue PCC.

My Advice to all who need to apply to Chicago for PCC is to keep this timing planned.

thanks

Why did you apply for PCC here in the US?

I have been reading on these boards and other immigration websites about the requirements of PCC for CP in India.

Per immihelp(http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/policeindia.html), :

"Police Certificate for India while in USA

If you are currently not staying in India, but in United States, you do not need to get the police certificate from local police station nor regional passport office in India. In that case, you can get a police clearance from your local Indian consulate. They do it on the basis of a passport check. "

At the bottom of the page, it has also been mentioned:

"Information from US Consulate in Mumbai, India
(Through email)
If you are currently staying in United States and are going to do consular processing in Mumbai, you need to get the clearance letter from the nearest Indian Consulate or Embassy in the U.S. and nothing from Indian side. "

My attorney has clearly told me that there is NO need for me to take PCC from US. I have to take one PCC from a local police station in India where I had resided and the other from the regional passport office in India.
I am confused.

Please advise what I should do.

EasyGC said:
Why did you apply for PCC here in the US?

My attorney has clearly told me that there is NO need for me to take PCC from US. I have to take one PCC from a local police station in India where I had resided and the other from the regional passport office in India.
I am confused.

Please advise what I should do.

Your Attorney's advise is not correct if you are currently residing in US. Look for the complete response in the other thread.

Raju

EasyGc,

Your question (if at all it was) is completely contradicting the quotes you have made.

U should just take the PCC from consulate in US in you are in US.

fee bill

My fee bill was generated on 11/08/2004 and till now I haven't received it. Is that normal? Based on CPtracker analysis, it takes somewhere between 10 to 18 days.

It seems that it varies from a few days to a few weeks... not sure where the hold up is but there is no certain consistency. Try giving NVC a call and see what an agent has to say. They are usually helpful and friendly.
My fee was generated 11/29.

The message says "if you don't receive the Fee bill in 6 weeks, then call us"

So are they going to entertain call before 6 weeks?

There's only one way to find out... worst case scenario they will repeat the line "no info unless 6 weeks have passed".

my fee bill was also generated the same day and we haven't received it yet.

prosix said:
My fee bill was generated on 11/08/2004 and till now I haven't received it. Is that normal? Based on CPtracker analysis, it takes somewhere between 10 to 18 days.

Just to update you guys my fee was received on 12/02/2004 and sent it on 12/03/2004. Moved ahead one step atleast :D .

Thanks June, Need advice from you and others. Actually we are expecting our baby on 05/05/05 and CP interview also around same time frame (+ or - 15 days). I don't know whether I should call myself a lucky person or what due to this coincidence :confused: of due dates and interview date

What are the way to delay the interview date? How easy is to change the interview date, once it is scheduled? any suggestion?

prosix said:
Thanks June, Need advice from you and others. Actually we are expecting our baby on 05/05/05 and CP interview also around same time frame (+ or - 15 days) .....QUOTE]

Great Prosix Congrats ...whata date ... 555. If you miss this , you'll have to wait 1 yr to get the same chance.... just kidding. But sure you are Lucky Guy.. no doubt about it ...

Yes you may reschedule your interview by calling the Consulate , when the right time comes Or another Option would be to go Prior to your wife if you are Primary Applicant. I would recommend the earlier one as noone wants to leave his wife alone at such time..

Good Luck