I-140 Approved after Aug ,Please share the Information

PD mistake

Cp experts ,
I understand that till a short time ago, PD was not an issue. But can someone who has gone thru this (Alren/Raju....) tell me if their PDs were matching with the date they applied for the Labor? I just now called NVC and they informed me that my PD is 2 months later than the Labor application which does not make sense unless there is a backlog at their offices. I am concerned as they are about to send my case out and then it would be difficult to make changes. Comments pls...!

Sandeep_N said:
Cp experts ,
I understand that till a short time ago, PD was not an issue. But can someone who has gone thru this (Alren/Raju....) tell me if their PDs were matching with the date they applied for the Labor? I just now called NVC and they informed me that my PD is 2 months later than the Labor application which does not make sense unless there is a backlog at their offices. I am concerned as they are about to send my case out and then it would be difficult to make changes. Comments pls...!

PD is given on the I140 approval notice (I-797) on the top left hand corner. It should roughly match with the date the Labor Certification Application was recieved at the State Labor Department (for E2 and E3) applicants, and yes, my PD matches with the actual one on I797.

vu2vut said:
PD is given on the I140 approval notice (I-797) on the top left hand corner. It should roughly match with the date the Labor Certification Application was recieved at the State Labor Department (for E2 and E3) applicants.

Mine was printed wrongly in I140 approval notice.NVC has corrected it later.Took more than 90 days.That time my pd become non-current :p

appan said:
Mine was printed wrongly in I140 approval notice.NVC has corrected it later.Took more than 90 days.That time my pd become non-current :p
I do not think the NVC is looking at the I-140 mentioned PD as this is inconsistent with my case. My I-140 is showing wrongly the date of the I-140 submission rather than the I-797 submission. So if NVC had gone by that, it should be a year later than what they have. The weird part is that NVC has a date not a year later - but 2 months later (not that I am complaining !!!) which makes no sense at all.
Appan - what was the procedure used to rectify your PD? Mail USCIS?

Sandeep_N said:
Cp experts ,

Priority Date is the date when the DOL actually receives the LC application.
It is also printed on the I-140 Notice of approval . In my case it did match.

Raju

Sandeep_N said:
I do not think the NVC is looking at the I-140 mentioned PD as this is inconsistent with my case. My I-140 is showing wrongly the date of the I-140 submission rather than the I-797 submission. So if NVC had gone by that, it should be a year later than what they have. The weird part is that NVC has a date not a year later - but 2 months later (not that I am complaining !!!) which makes no sense at all.
Appan - what was the procedure used to rectify your PD? Mail USCIS?

You can call NVC and tell them ....At the same time send a fax to them ....
They will rectify it...

Sandeep_N said:
Cp experts ,
Sandeep

Unfortunaltey, I don't have the papers which had the PD on it so can't tell.

At what stage of Consular processing do we have to wait for our priority date to become current.

After the prirority dates came into effect I have recieved Packet 3. So does Chennai Consulate waits untill the PD becomes current

-D

I-140 Approval Date - 08/28/04
NVC case created - 11/23/04
NVC issues fee receipt - 11/29/04
Fee received - 12/06/04
Fee sent - 12/06/04
P3 received from NVC - 01/17/05

DalRanger said:
At what stage of Consular processing do we have to wait for our priority date to become current.

After the prirority dates came into effect I have recieved Packet 3. So does Chennai Consulate waits untill the PD becomes current

-D

I-140 Approval Date - 08/28/04
NVC case created - 11/23/04
NVC issues fee receipt - 11/29/04
Fee received - 12/06/04
Fee sent - 12/06/04
P3 received from NVC - 01/17/05

your documents will sit in chennai consulate till your pirority will become current....

emailraja said:
Thanks everyone for your replies. FYI, here's my experience and timeline near Hartford, CT.

5/2002 - Company mgmt agreed to sponsor green card.
9/2002 - 1 month of job advertisements for quantitative programmer begin.
11/12/2002 - Labor Cert application under RIR sent in.
9/2003 - Threat of layoffs. Safe, phew!
5/14/2004 - CT approves and forwards case to Boston SESA.
6/3/2004 - LC approved.
6/15/2004 - I suggested consular processing over I485 AOS to lawyers.
7/1/2004 - I-140 application sent in.
8/20/2004 - I-140 approved :) (under EB3 :mad: ).
9/20/2004 - NVC creates fee bill and case.
now - waiting for p3.....

I have an MS and my previous employer in Princeton, NJ got my I-140 approved in EB2. I don't know if the company lawyers screwed up or USCIS decided not to give me an EB2 approval, but now I have an I-140 approval under EB3. I just hope my priority date of 11/12/2002 won't screw me up if the cutoff date regresses. The lawyer is being cagy and I didn't press her cause I don't want hostilities breaking out with the lawyer.

Looks like the other sub categories are getting affected within EB3 itself. As per the Feb bulletin (given below) and Shusterman that seems to be the case. Do not know how this all adds up though
"D. POTENTIAL OVERSUBSCRIPTION OF THE EMPLOYMENT-BASED THIRD PREFERENCE “OTHER WORKER” CATEGORY
During fiscal year 2005, 5,000 visa numbers are provided by law for use in the Employment-based Third preference “Other Worker” (EW) category. This annual limit is divided into twelve approximately equal monthly allotments. If there are sufficient numbers to satisfy all demand, the category can be considered "current". Whenever demand exceeds the supply of numbers available for allotment in a particular month, the category must be considered to be “oversubscribed” and a visa availability cut-off date is established.
Continued heavy applicant demand, primarily for CIS adjustment of status cases, is expected to require the oversubscription of the EW category in the near future. This action will be necessary in order to hold EW number use within the FY-2005 annual numerical limit. The establishment of an EW cut-off date beginning as early as March cannot be ruled out, and would apply to all chargeability areas."

Last edited by a moderator:
As I understand it, a sub category in the EB3 category is “Other Worker” (EW) category - that had not retrogressed till now - now that might also retrogress as early as March. According to Shusterman this category may retrogress for all countries and not only some countries (like India,China and Phillipines). (Shusterman also seems to indicate that this retrogression for all countries might extend into all EB3 categories).

Well... it only indicates that EB3 retrogression might continue with time. It just says that with USCIS becoming faster , retrogression might be here to stay for some time. What it does not indicate is the movement of the PD. That is what we need to get a picture of

Do we need to mentioned childrens name on Packet 3 form, even if they are US citizen?

Please help me filling this section of P3.

prosix said:
Do we need to mentioned childrens name on Packet 3 form, even if they are US citizen?

Please help me filling this section of P3.
Assuming you are talking about DS230 Part 1 Line Item 19, the wording is "ALL Children" Hence I would think that you have to name them even if they are U.S. citizens.
Another assumption I am making is that he/she is a citizen because of being born here - in that case, the same line asks you for their Place of Birth which should indicate this

Hi all,
Today automated message for my case says "Your case was completed on Jan 27th. Please allow 8 weeks to receive further instructions."

I am confused about "further instructions" part. Do they send any notification when they send case to consulate ?

june04

There still seems to be some confusion regarding the PD. Everytime I ask the NVC operators, they say that they move the case to the consulate only if they have PDs "from Washington" - I have asked atleast 3 times and got the same response. However, from cptracker and all, we know that the consulate is not entertaining the cases after the Visa bulletin PDs. So wonder what these guys are talking about.......:confused: