I-140/485 Applied In December 2004

Hi ram_gc,
My spouse received his EAD withing 2-3 days after the email approval and by regular mail.

Thanks
Shyla

EB3 - NSC
Priority Date: June 2002
140 RD -Sep 2004
485/AP/EAD RD - Dec 2004
FP scheduled
EAD no updates AD : ??
AP LUD 2/17/2005 AD: ??

Spouse FP Schedule
Spouse EAD Approved - 02/16/2005
Spouse AP LUD : 2/16/2005 AD:??

I filed my I-485 in the mid December but have not received a finger print notice yet. My employer is located in the San Diego area.

hlgc said:
Hi,

It seems that everyone here has received FP notices. I even see people with RD in Jan'05 getting FPs. Unfortunately, for me, no signs of a FP notice yet :confused:

Anyone else in similar situation, i.e. who filed I140/485 in last week of Dec'04 (in San Diego area) but still waiting for FP ?

My Details:

EB3 Sub Labor (Labor RD 1999)
140/485/EAD/AP
RD : 27 Dec'04
ND : 05 Jan'05
LUD: 10 Feb'05 - all applications, no status change
EAD: ?
AP : ?
FP : ?
I'm in San Diego

AP and EAD Approved

Hi All,

Got the email today with approval for AP and EAD (for my wife), still waiting for EAD approval for me. Now waiting for paper documents by mail. Any idea about the lag between approval and receiving physical documents ??

For folks worrying about digital photos (I was one), the shop I went for photos had taken the photos using digital camera but I guess it may be quality of photos or just plain luck regarding triggering of Digital Photo RFE.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:
will_get_there1 said:
Hi All,

Got the email today with approval for AP and EAD (for my wife), still waiting for EAD approval for me. Now waiting for paper documents by mail. Any idea about the lag between approval and receiving physical documents ??

For folks worrying about digital photos (I was one), the shop I went for photos had taken the photos using digital camera but I guess it may be quality of photos or just plain luck regarding triggering of Digital Photo RFE.

Cheers,

For us, days between 'approval e-mail' and 'receiving by postal mial' was about 3 business days for EAD and 4 business days for AP.

My lawyer's assistant said that sometime not only photo quality but also your signature can be a problem. If your sign cross lines a lot ( cannot tell how much...) in the forms we submit, they don't want to use them because they cannot scan those. I hope this is not your case but she says this happens sometime lately. I know this because she did not like my husband's signature and asked him to do again.

Whats the Receipt date for your EAD ana AP ?

Thanks.

will_get_there1 said:
Hi All,

Cheers,

AP approval

My AP was approved on Feb 19th (RD: 12-21-04). There was a LUD on EAD on 02/21/05, but there is no description update. But I assume that EAD will be approved within a few days. Is there anyone in the San Diego area with I-485 RD b/w 11/01/04 and 12/31/04? I have not received a FP notice yet.

EAD Approved, AP not yet

Just saw email updates in my mail box that mine and my wife's EADs are approved.
Still no AP approvals yet.
our RD on 140/485/AP/EAD is 12/16/2004.
Still waiting for my wife's FP notice, received mine.

Just recieved an email saying our AP is got approved on 2/19. There was a LUD for EAD on 2/21 but no approval yet.

Thanks

Sub Labour EB3 PD: 03/2001
I140/485/EAD/AP RD: Dec 15,2004
I140/485/EAD/AP ND: Dec 21,2004
AP AD: Dec19, 2004
EAD AD: ???

JinCA said:
For us, days between 'approval e-mail' and 'receiving by postal mial' was about 3 business days for EAD and 4 business days for AP.

My lawyer's assistant said that sometime not only photo quality but also your signature can be a problem. If your sign cross lines a lot ( cannot tell how much...) in the forms we submit, they don't want to use them because they cannot scan those. I hope this is not your case but she says this happens sometime lately. I know this because she did not like my husband's signature and asked him to do again.

Hi JinCA,

Thanks for the info. There is no RFE yet on my EAD and hoping it will go through without any issues, keeping my fingures crossed.

Montush: RD for my EAD & AP is 12/21/04.

Just recieved an email saying my EAD has been approved and new card has been ordered.

Sub Labour EB3 PD: 03/2001
I140/485/EAD/AP RD: Dec 15,2004
I140/485/EAD/AP ND: Dec 21,2004
AP AD: Feb 19, 2005
EAD AD: Feb 23, 2005

The following is the details of me/wifes case

GC # 1: (me)
104/485 RD Oct 2003
FP Done: April 2004
140 denied Oct 2004
MTR/Appeal in Oct 2004
Reached AAO in Dec 2004 (LUD Feb 16 2005)
Currently under appeal waiting for a decision.

GC # 2: (spouse)
Category: As a Physical Therapist (so probably EB3)
140/485/EAD/AP: RD Dec 30 2004
ND Jan 11 2005
No LUDs/info on any.

- I still did not get FP notice for my GC #2 petition.
- FP for both of us was done on GC # 1 basis in April 2004, Is this the reason why we did not get our FP notice for our latest petitions?
- Do they merge information from one petition to another for same candidates, in our case FP results?

thanks a lot

rcodavali,
I am surprised about how you were able to file 2 GC petitions (I140/485 concurrently)
for the same 2 applicants (yourself & your wife)! I thought there CANNOT be
2 I1485 petitions for the 1 applicant filed while one of them is pending.
Can you please elaborate? Also, did you file GC#1 and GC#2 for the 2 of you in different Service Centers?

rcodavali said:
The following is the details of me/wifes case

GC # 1: (me)
104/485 RD Oct 2003
FP Done: April 2004
140 denied Oct 2004
MTR/Appeal in Oct 2004
Reached AAO in Dec 2004 (LUD Feb 16 2005)
Currently under appeal waiting for a decision.

GC # 2: (spouse)
Category: As a Physical Therapist (so probably EB3)
140/485/EAD/AP: RD Dec 30 2004
ND Jan 11 2005
No LUDs/info on any.

- I still did not get FP notice for my GC #2 petition.
- FP for both of us was done on GC # 1 basis in April 2004, Is this the reason why we did not get our FP notice for our latest petitions?
- Do they merge information from one petition to another for same candidates, in our case FP results?

thanks a lot

santex24 said:
rcodavali,
I am surprised about how you were able to file 2 GC petitions (I140/485 concurrently)
for the same 2 applicants (yourself & your wife)! I thought there CANNOT be
2 I1485 petitions for the 1 applicant filed while one of them is pending.
Can you please elaborate? Also, did you file GC#1 and GC#2 for the 2 of you in different Service Centers?

santex24,

Law doesn't prevent you from having two 485s pending at the same time. Only thing that I think will happen is when you have one of them approved, the other has to be withdrawn/cancelled. I am not sure if this happens automatically or you need to send out a request to that extent. In rcodavali's case, he is the primary applicant on the first 485 and derivative on the second 485 (primary applicant being his spouse). This is perfectly okay.

Any other comments...

Second FP Notice

Hi Guys!!
Last week i have done with my FP . My LUD did not get changed yet.
But Today i recievd a another FP notice.

Does anybody else recived the second FP notices ??

letgetgc2005 said:
Hi Guys!!
Last week i have done with my FP . My LUD did not get changed yet.
But Today i recievd a another FP notice.

Does anybody else recived the second FP notices ??
letgetgc2005,

Did you call the FBI number to check on your FP processing? Typically, you'll get a 2nd FP notice if for some reason FBI could not process your set of prints. It could have been because the prints were too light.When you did your FP, did you notice any errors on the screen (ridgebreaks etc)?

CS1975 said:
letgetgc2005,

Did you call the FBI number to check on your FP processing? Typically, you'll get a 2nd FP notice if for some reason FBI could not process your set of prints. It could have been because the prints were too light.When you did your FP, did you notice any errors on the screen (ridgebreaks etc)?

I did not called the FBI. Can we call the FBI .if yes. what is the Number ? I called my attorney, he told me that go ahead and do it again some time it happen. Even my LUD still say the about old FP notices bcoz they did not update any comment on the LUD saying we are send ing the Second FP.
anyway. this time i got FP date in First Week of April. I will call the Local INS office and find out what was the error.

letgetgc2005 said:
I did not called the FBI. Can we call the FBI .if yes. what is the Number ? I called my attorney, he told me that go ahead and do it again some time it happen. Even my LUD still say the about old FP notices bcoz they did not update any comment on the LUD saying we are send ing the Second FP.
anyway. this time i got FP date in First Week of April. I will call the Local INS office and find out what was the error.
yes you can call the FBI. Here is the number: 304 625 5590. They will need your Alien Number.

letgetgc,
I got my FP done on 02/02/2005.But the status of I-485 has'nt changed as yet whether they have recievd any FP or not.Nor have I received any 2nd FP notice.
I really dont know why the website is not showing updated results.