I-140/485 Applied In December 2004

Second FP Notice

letgetgc,

My wife and I also received another FP notice today !

This is clearly not a result of an error in the first FP. The first FP was done on Feb 18th and this notice is issued on Feb 17th.

Couple of differences between the first and the second notice -
- the first one used the terms "INS" and "fingerprinting" everywhere, the second one uses the terms "USCIS" and "biometrics"
- the second one asks to bring the receipt notice for the appointment

montush said:
letgetgc,

My wife and I also received another FP notice today !

This is clearly not a result of an error in the first FP. The first FP was done on Feb 18th and this notice is issued on Feb 17th.

Couple of differences between the first and the second notice -
- the first one used the terms "INS" and "fingerprinting" everywhere, the second one uses the terms "USCIS" and "biometrics"
- the second one asks to bring the receipt notice for the appointment

Montush,

we are in the same boat, i also see the difference what u find in your Notices.
I am Missouri/Kanas Area, My comp file my appliction in CA. first notice i got from the NSC centre and second Notice i got from CSC centre.
I am planing to go for Finger Print again on the specified date and time

Second FP notices: ND: 17 Feb 2005
Appoint date in First Week of April this time.

letgetgc2005 said:
Montush,

we are in the same boat, i also see the difference what u find in your Notices.
I am Missouri/Kanas Area, My comp file my appliction in CA. first notice i got from the NSC centre and second Notice i got from CSC centre.
I am planing to go for Finger Print again on the specified date and time

Second FP notices: ND: 17 Feb 2005
Appoint date in First Week of April this time.
We got second FP(Biometric) notice today. Its ND is 2/17 and I did my 1st FP on 2/18. Also the service center is mentioned as "WSC" (I have applied 140/485 from California Service center) what does this mean??? but the appn number starts with WAC

I got also second FP notice today.

Here My details

DOne First FP on Feb 18,2005
Received 2nd FP today Feb 24,2005- Notice Date 2/17/2005
Appointment on 03-05-05
Service Center- WSC
Applied I140-1485 in CSC

Does this happen on all cases. please give me update

Wsc

WSC stands for Western Service Center. It is just an acronym.

140_485 said:
We got second FP(Biometric) notice today. Its ND is 2/17 and I did my 1st FP on 2/18. Also the service center is mentioned as "WSC" (I have applied 140/485 from California Service center) what does this mean??? but the appn number starts with WAC

Does FP cause LUD change

Hi

Does FP notice cause LUD to change? for me the LUD data and the text has not changed for FP notice or FP results (I got a 2nd FP notice for biometrics and LUD does not reflect the FP ND also) the message on my case says

"Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on January 12, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 660 and 660 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

I have been checking on online status system, I have also enabled email updates but never got one.

Is there any other place I can check the "Real" status message?

The LUD didnt change for us either for the "biometric" notice.

Our compnay lawyer is guessing that this is a new procedure.

140_485 said:
Hi

Does FP notice cause LUD to change? for me the LUD data and the text has not changed for FP notice or FP results (I got a 2nd FP notice for biometrics and LUD does not reflect the FP ND also) the message on my case says

"Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on January 12, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 660 and 660 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

I have been checking on online status system, I have also enabled email updates but never got one.

Is there any other place I can check the "Real" status message?

H1BneedGC said:
santex24,

Law doesn't prevent you from having two 485s pending at the same time. Only thing that I think will happen is when you have one of them approved, the other has to be withdrawn/cancelled. I am not sure if this happens automatically or you need to send out a request to that extent. In rcodavali's case, he is the primary applicant on the first 485 and derivative on the second 485 (primary applicant being his spouse). This is perfectly okay.

Any other comments...

And moreover MY GC #1 is currently under appeal technically my GC #1 485 is in the teminated state as of now.(I guess only when the appeal is approved they will re-instate it).

BTW I received my FP notices today.(waiting for EAD/AP approvals)

We are expecting an RFE for our 485 only (we know we have to give them more for a Physical Therapist petition), IN our case The rule says they cannot issue RFE on 485 untill they adjudicate 140, so approximately when will we receive the RFE for 485.

Primary Applicant: Spouse
Category: As a Physical Therapist (so probably EB3)
140/485/EAD/AP: RD Dec 30 2004
ND Jan 11 2005
FP ND Feb 17th (Schedule for Mar 15 2005)

Yet another finger print notice

I hereby join the crew of people who received second finger print notice.
Interestingly, for my wife its the first one. For me its the second one.
My first one is shceduled for 03/07 the second one is for 04/07.
Not sure whats the scoop with this second notice.

My biggest concern is, the second FP notice requires me to carry the receipt notice. But we still havent received the receipt notices of our 485s.
Our attorney had requested for duplicate ones, but still havent received them.

Sould I expect 2nd FP notice too, How r the notices(information on the paper) are different from each other...

rcodavali said:
Sould I expect 2nd FP notice too, How r the notices(information on the paper) are different from each other...

I am not sure what the pattern here is. I have noticed on this forum people who have filed during Dec 2004 getting second receipt notice. Also, I am not sure if people from other service centers are getting the notice too.

Here are some of the differences I have noticed.
1. The second notice has my receipt no. but not the first one.
2. Sedond one requires to carry receipt notice when we go for finger print.

I got the second fp "biometrics" thing today..my wife didn't recieve the notice yet..'am on a project in ohio and my address I gave is in illinios..my lawyer said that I can go to my local office and give the second fp(biometrics)..is it true..did any one of you guys happen to attend in a different state.Please lemme know.

No FP notice for my wife yet
EAD - 02/17/2005 - Approved for both of us

hi guys, it seems that all I140/485 received last december 2004 have their FP notices already, i don't have any FP notice please advise;

I140 - RD: 11/23/04 ND: 11/29/04 LUD: 11/30/04 (no changes)
I485 - RD: 11/23/04 ND: 11/29/04 LUD: 12/04/04 (no changes)

AP - RD: 11/23/04 ND: 11/29/04 AD: 2/03/05 (myself&husband)
EAD RD: 11/23/04 ND:11/29/04 AD: 2/08/05 (myself&husband)

FP _???????

FP Notice - Carry Receipts

Do we need to carry the original receipt notice or, photo-copy of receipt will work ? Anyone has any idea or, personal experience ?

Thanks

Fp ..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do we need to carry the original receipt notice or, photo-copy of receipt will work ? Anyone has any idea or, personal experience ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Just to clarify I was talking about receipt notice for I-485/I-140.

Do you still think we need to carry originals? I called my lawer, he said copy should be enough.

Thanks

MP1 said:

Do you still think we need to carry originals? I called my lawer, he said copy should be enough.

Thanks

Copies should be good enough. Take your photo id (DL and original Passport) without fail. Sometimes they only ask for photo id (Driver's License) and nothing else. Good Luck.

We had carried copies of the receipt notices for our second FP, but were not asked for those at all.

MP1 said:

Thanks

Did you I485 LUD change after AP approval?

I got my AP approval on 2/25/05 (RD 12/20/04).

My I-485 also changed LUD on 2/25/05. Is this part of the AP or due to something else? Did this happen to you also?

rarebell said:
Just received an email about AP approval.

AP approved on 02/24/05