I-140/485 Applied In December 2004

Hi MP1,

You should be fine with the copy of your I-485 receipts.
I thought of FP notice and that could be the original.

Thanks
VISA_GC_04

My AP, EAD, and I-140 applications were approved last week, but I-485 has not been updated. So your LUD may not be related with the AP approval. But who knows. It is my understanding that any update on records (even by human errors) issues an LUD. If an operator makes a false data entry on a certain record and makes a correction, it may issue an LUD as well... I do not recommend anyone to predit any activity behind the systems because it just adds more chaosity to your emotion... Just wait till you receive an approval notice via e-mail. That will be a fact your application is approved...

WaitingGC03 said:
I got my AP approval on 2/25/05 (RD 12/20/04).

My I-485 also changed LUD on 2/25/05. Is this part of the AP or due to something else? Did this happen to you also?

Last edited by a moderator:
AP Approved

Just got an email that our AP's (mine and my husband's) have been approved..

EB3 Sub. Labor - PD 10/2001
140/485:
RD: 12/27/04
ND: 1/05/05
FP done: 2/03/05
485 LUD: 02/09/05 (results of FP)
AP AD: 2/24/05
Waiting for EAD approval.

Fp

How much time it takes for FP. I have appointment at 8:00 AM. Do they call other candidates at the same time, or they reserve the slot for an indivisual.

Thanks

MP1 said:
How much time it takes for FP. I have appointment at 8:00 AM. Do they call other candidates at the same time, or they reserve the slot for an indivisual.

Thanks

People can walk-in for FP without appointment. So, the slot as such is not reserved for an Individual. I did my FP in San Jose and it took around 30 mins.

gcwait2002 said:
People can walk-in for FP without appointment. So, the slot as such is not reserved for an Individual. I did my FP in San Jose and it took around 30 mins.
gcwait2002,

From your signature, it looks like you got an interim EAD. Is it possible to get an interim EAD before your 90 days from EAD filing is up? I am the primary applicant for 140/485 and my husband has a new job offer. We are waiting for his EAD, which hopefully should be approved within this week. If it doesnt, could we get an interim EAD ? 140/485 RD is 12/27/04

Second FP Notice

My wife got a second FP notice with the "biometrics" wording that many of the people here have referred to. The notice was issued on Feb 17; whereas her FP took place on Feb 15. I visited the INS service center on Saturday(in advance before my appointment in march) and showed the "second" notice to the officer. The officer said that it had been issued in error. Further she checked the records and told me that FBI had approved my wife's fingerprints (she wrote down a control number as evidence).

I contacted my lawyer who asked me to confirm this at the 1800 number specified on the notice. I called the INS number and they too said that my wife does not need to go the second time. I specifically asked them whether biometrics refers to eye-scan or any other procedure. I was told that it still refers to fingerprinting.

I hope this helps all those who received the second notice for FP.

As I mentioned inanother thread, my wife and I completed our second "biometric" FP on Saturday 2/26. (Previous FP was done on 2/18).

In addition to fingerprinting, they took a picture and digitized signatures from us.

purplehazea said:
My wife got a second FP notice with the "biometrics" wording that many of the people here have referred to. The notice was issued on Feb 17; whereas her FP took place on Feb 15. I visited the INS service center on Saturday(in advance before my appointment in march) and showed the "second" notice to the officer. The officer said that it had been issued in error. Further she checked the records and told me that FBI had approved my wife's fingerprints (she wrote down a control number as evidence).

I contacted my lawyer who asked me to confirm this at the 1800 number specified on the notice. I called the INS number and they too said that my wife does not need to go the second time. I specifically asked them whether biometrics refers to eye-scan or any other procedure. I was told that it still refers to fingerprinting.

I hope this helps all those who received the second notice for FP.

jolly_fellow,
Congrats you got EAD.

what is your RD & ND for I-485, I-765, Pl.let us know

Thanks,
rb180

CS1975 said:
gcwait2002,

From your signature, it looks like you got an interim EAD. Is it possible to get an interim EAD before your 90 days from EAD filing is up? I am the primary applicant for 140/485 and my husband has a new job offer. We are waiting for his EAD, which hopefully should be approved within this week. If it doesnt, could we get an interim EAD ? 140/485 RD is 12/27/04

Yes gcwait2002, CAn you please let us know how u got ur iEAD so soon?

I am surprised even the EAD's are also issued in random manner.PPl with filing date of 12/15/2004 are still waiting and subsequent filing dates EAD's are getting approved.

unluckiest,
I told you USCIS things are total random especially CA service center and which is delaying and confusing lot.

rb180
EB3 I-140 09/19/03 (Nothing till today)

CS1975 said:
gcwait2002,

Yes. Its possible to get iEAD before 90days of I-485/EAD RD. Please check the below forum. I have also posted my experience.

They approve it on a case to case basis. You can give it a shot. All the best.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=104199&page=6&pp=15

rejoined an ex-employer, I-140 amendment processing time?

Gurus,

I was with company A and got my LCA/I140 approved in July 2001. waited for 2 years to file for 485 and I was laid off before filing 485, found job with company B and they filed LC again and got my H1 extended beyond 6th year. Company A got acquired by company C and Company C hired me back and filed my I140 amendment(for change in tax id, I guess) and I485.

My question is, is processing I-140 amendment any faster than I-140 itself?
I140 RD 1/28/05, ND 2/1/05
I485/EAD/AP RD 1/28/05, ND 2/1/05
FP notice 3/18/05, preponing to 3/2/05

Guys my LUD on I-765 application is updated to 03/02/2005.What does that indicate.
The worst part is nothing is happening to I-485 LUD ever since I had my FP done.
I dont know where my FP results disappeared.