I-130 for Consular Processing

hi! can somebody tell me how long does it take nvc to assign the case #. my i-130 for my wife got approved on 8 july 2009. i also got the notice in the mail on the 10 however nvc automated system still says they havn't not received my file yet. any idea how long would it take. thanks in advance for any inputs.

hi! can somebody tell me how long does it take nvc to assign the case #. my i-130 for my wife got approved on 8 july 2009. i also got the notice in the mail on the 10 however nvc automated system still says they havn't not received my file yet. any idea how long would it take. thanks in advance for any inputs.

Yes. I'd like to know too.

Our I-130 got approved on 7/27/2009, however we still haven't received the NOA2 yet. Waiting with patience... :confused:

No NVC case # yet either. sigh...

My I-130 cases weren't received by NVC either (see signature), I called and talked to NVC agent, she told me it takes from 2 to 4 weeks for them just to receive a case from CIS, ridiculous.

Update:

I-130 time line for Mother (@San Jose)
Sent: 3/23/2009
Check cashed: 3/31/2009
Notice Date: 3/31/2009
Notice received (NOA1): 4/14/2009
Approved: 7/27/2009
NOA2 received: 7/31/2009

:)

Now waiting for NVC to receive the package from CSC.

Case approved

here my case time line :

1- sent I-130 : Apr-26-2006 (Grenn card)
2- Upgrade (Became USC) MARCH-21-2009
3- Approval notice : JULY-31-2009

I really don't know what to do next nor what to receive next HELP please .

Thanks

filed i-130 for my wife and my son
06/25/09 i-130 sent to chicago mail box
06/30/09 noa 1 recieved case number assigned

i am still waiting the case is still not updated on the uscis website
anyone know how long?
i called uscis they said it takes around 30days for the case to be updated online but now it is more then that can anyone help me

when i am going to get the noa2

Have you guys seen this yet?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=4b18dc4d88889010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Redesigning USCIS.gov

"In the next 90 days, USCIS will launch a vastly improved Web site that will, for the first time ever, allow applicants to get updates on their status of their applications via e-mail and text message and online."
-President Obama, June 25th, 2009

may be it is the reason why everything was delayed since March?

I have seen parents cases appproved with NOA of end of April, so hopefully they are moving faster

Hi everyone. Please, I need help on this issue.I'm USC and I like to file 1-130 for my mother at the end of the year. My question is, on my birth certificate my mother's middle name is mispelled . Besides Mohammed it states Mohammad on my birth certificate. And my mother has Mohammed on her birth certificate. I like to know what should I do before I send to USCIS. Do you think should I change my birth certificate? and Do you think If I change my birth certificates won't be a problem because it will be a new birth certificate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Lehigh,
You don't want to give the USCIS/NVC any excuse to give you pain in the neck. I applied last august and went thru all possible pains...DNA testing, police clearance from 2 different countries and even a run around for 2 police cc from India one from local Police station and one from passport office. not to include the delay that happened from trying to obtain them from the respective countries. I submitted birth certificate which was issued 4 months back. NVC knows that in other countries passport holds more weigh than birth certificate unlike here in U.S where birthcert is more important. You can either try to get an affadavit from the birth cert issuing office. or try to get a new certificate. and yes the NVC asks to give original at one point of time. my recommendation is instead of waiting until december apply now, because NVC/USCIS will ask for more and more...and with your name it will be little more bumpy ride. good luck brother. salam

Lehigh,
I didn't realize that you r birth certificate has name discrepancy. If you change your birth certificate, they will say that your birth certificate was issued 20-30 years after the actual event (happened with me, my birth cert was issued in 2000) so try to get the name sorted out for your mother, if your name is consistent on birth cert, passports and other places, do not change anything from your end. try to get an affadavit from her local country stating that there was a typo error, and submit the one that she has and the affadavit.

Anyone gets notice from NVC that your recent approved I-130 (by the end of July) has been received by NVC? Mine still is no record at NVC automated voice information.

Lehigh,
I didn't realize that you r birth certificate has name discrepancy. If you change your birth certificate, they will say that your birth certificate was issued 20-30 years after the actual event (happened with me, my birth cert was issued in 2000) so try to get the name sorted out for your mother, if your name is consistent on birth cert, passports and other places, do not change anything from your end. try to get an affadavit from her local country stating that there was a typo error, and submit the one that she has and the affadavit.

Thanks ****543
My name is correct on my birth certificate, passport and other places. Is her middle name that has an error on my birth certificate. And she has correct name on her birth certificate and passport. Should I get an affidavit without change my birth certificate? and should I send an affidavit in the form 1-130? Thank you, Salaam.

Last edited by a moderator:
DS-3032 for my son is still not processed although I've emailed it 10 days ago. I called NVC multiple time already, they say to wait. I should have express-mailed DS-3032 besides emailing it, but I was told that email should be faster and decided not to bother with mailing hard copies. On the other hand, I-864s for son and wife were processed by NVC in just 1 day. Slow DS-3032 processing is the only thing holding both cases now, this is very annoying. DS-3032 is the simplest of all NVC forms and less important one, they should accept DS-3032 over the phone but they refuse to do it. Anyone knows if they process hard copies of DS-3032 faster than email or slower?