Houston, TX N-400 Time Line

Does anyone know where the Oath Ceremony takes place in Houston? I know there is one today and hopefully someone will update us later about their experience.

Interview letter arrived today. Interview on June 2

Thank God... I have a business trip on June 4. I will still have to travel with my GC and old passport since Houston does not have same day oath. My understanding is that it's not an issue at all and I just need to add this trip on the oath day (it's only for one week and could extend to 10 days).

Good luck to all who are waiting. Please let me know if there is I'm missing about a trip abroad between the interview and the oath.

Yen_saw

Have you received your Oath letter? My IO told me that the next Oath Ceremony (after April 27th, 2011) is in June.

Steve, All the best today on the interview :)

Pleasehelp08, i am still waiting for the letter :(. Thanks for the info, do you know the exact date for the next Oath ceremony? I hope it doesn't crash with my travelling date.

Steve, All the best today on the interview :)

Pleasehelp08, i am still waiting for the letter :(. Thanks for the info, do you know the exact date for the next Oath ceremony? I hope it doesn't crash with my travelling date.

He did not tell me date, he just said " You probably will be scheduled for June Oath".

I got N-14 cuz I needed to send some documents. Officer said once he receives the documents then he will make the decision. He said it is a normal procedure.

Documents have already been sent.

Steve probably will be able to tell us when is the next Oath date if he gets the oath letter.

Thanks for the good wishes for my interview, much appreciated and they worked well - I passed :)

I didn't get an Oath Day letter today _but_ my IO did tell me I'd be going to the next one, which she said was June 16th. I can't say for sure that there _isn't_ a May Oath Day, but she didn't mention it to me as an option.

Just an FYI to any and all who have to go to the Northpoint Dr location - three things to note:
- the parking is diagonally across from the building
- DO NOT bring your cell phone into the building (maybe leave it in your car? It honestly doesn't seem like the safest parking lot, so if it's an option, I'd leave it at work/home while you're there)
- after you pass through security (they'll make you take your belt off but shoes can stay on), walk straight ahead, you'll see a row of windows on your left, walk past them and then turn right, towards the back of the room. The naturalization interviewing section has it's own window at the 'back' of the huge waiting room. You place your interview letter (yes, bring it!) in an intray, don't wait for anyone to say anything to you (it's set up for them *not* to say anything to you), just go sit down, you'll get called.

Good luck to all still waiting on interviews or initial processing. Hang in there, the time will end up passing quickly. Hope to see some people from this forum at the June ceremony.

Thanks for the good wishes for my interview, much appreciated and they worked well - I passed :)

I didn't get an Oath Day letter today _but_ my IO did tell me I'd be going to the next one, which she said was June 16th. I can't say for sure that there _isn't_ a May Oath Day, but she didn't mention it to me as an option.

Just an FYI to any and all who have to go to the Northpoint Dr location - three things to note:
- the parking is diagonally across from the building
- DO NOT bring your cell phone into the building (maybe leave it in your car? It honestly doesn't seem like the safest parking lot, so if it's an option, I'd leave it at work/home while you're there)
- after you pass through security (they'll make you take your belt off but shoes can stay on), walk straight ahead, you'll see a row of windows on your left, walk past them and then turn right, towards the back of the room. The naturalization interviewing section has it's own window at the 'back' of the huge waiting room. You place your interview letter (yes, bring it!) in an intray, don't wait for anyone to say anything to you (it's set up for them *not* to say anything to you), just go sit down, you'll get called.

Good luck to all still waiting on interviews or initial processing. Hang in there, the time will end up passing quickly. Hope to see some people from this forum at the June ceremony.

My IO also told me that I am probably going to be scheduled for June Oath but I did ask the date. If the next oath is on June 16 as you have said then Houston DO has changed the Pattern. In this year they did every month on the 4th Wednesday of that month. June 16 is on Thursday. Lets see what date they assign me.

Steve - did you IO say anything why he/she not giving you oath letter? any missing papers or anything????

I may have heard incorrectly.... :confused:

I didn't have any missing papers etc. I completely forgot to ask if I could be given the letter on the day.

I walked away with a document with the IO name, my A number, and two checks (out of many) - that I passed the test and; - I was being submitted as recommended for naturalization (can't remember exact wording).

Congrates Steve! We should hopefully be on the June 16th oath ceremony then :)

Pleasehelp08, thanks for letting me know, lets hope we all received the oath letter soon.:cool:

lewisville Tx
04/28/2011 - N-400 Mailed
04/04/2010 - Delivered
- Check cashed
- NOA Rcvd.
RFE Mailed (Finger Prints)
RFE Rcvd.
Finger Prints Appointment
Finger Prints Done (Walk in)
Yellow Letter Rcvd.
Interview Letter Rcvd.
Interview Date

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to the forum saidash!

@yen_saw - am hoping we get that letter soon! June can't come quickly enough.

Y'all might already know this, but I didn't so I'll share :) - on oath day, we'll get our certificate of naturalization. I thought, to get a passport, we may have to get a certificate of citizenship, but I asked the IO and she said nope, you'll have to send the original cert of nat. but they'll send it back. I've confirmed that info with Dept of State. Was getting concerned that I'd be up for another $600 (??) for a certificate of citizenship.

Sometime here at Houston DO they do the sign-off so fast......you get the oath letter after your interview....like in couple of hours........but if you dont get it the same day then you wait weeks to get it.....even if you were not required to submit more evidence or anything.....I just don't understand.

I've had none so far (ie no letter received). If she was right, it's only a month away and not having received the letter, I'm not overly confident I'll make this one. Has anyone tried calling to see "where their progress is at"? My online progress is still showing 'Testing and Interview' :(

It has been close to a month now since passing the test and my wife and I are still waiting for the letter :(:(:( Can only hope there still time to catch the June 16 oath ceremony train. Lets hope we make it steve.

They have to make sure they have enough people for Oath for June ceremony otherwise they will postpone the ceremony till July. It happens...cuz they have to rent the place and they want to utilise the facility they are paying for. But I till hope for the June ceremony.