Houston, TX N-400 Time Line

Hi all. I did the same as @jay and @touty and just walked in today (Thurs 3/3 - sched date 3/22). As noted, the reception didn't care about the date on the notice. For anyone who cares - the procedure is very simple... Walk in (perhaps wait @ reception til they call u up from the line. Show your ID, receive paper form and pencil on clip board. sit in waiting area to fill out form. Go to line on the other side of reception and hand it back. If there's a wait, you get a number, if not, you go straight through to FP'ing people. They take your paperwork, take your prints, a photo, ask you to fill in a customer satisfaction survey form :) and you're done.

In and out in under 20 minutes, and it was 'busy'.

Nice! My wife walked in today for FP too (Delta Center at Hwy 290), no question asked. Same as me she was supposed to have her FP done on March 10. I am going tomorrow since it is my Friday off.

I had my interview February 23rd and was told by the officer that I passed and he gave the N-652 saying I have been recommended for approval but didnt give me the oath ceremony letter. He only told me there is an oath for March 23rd that I will receive the letter in the mail and he said see you at the oath ceremony. A frined went for his interview yesterday and was given the oath ceremony letter on the spot after the interview.
For those of us interviewed in Houston in February, were you given the oath letter after the interview or were you told it will be mailed to you?

Went to Delta Center last Friday for FP. Original date was 03-10 but have it done on 03-04. No question ask.

New to the thread. What do NOA, RFE and FP stand for?

NOA - Notice Of Action - official letter/form they send you when 'stuff happens' :) (e.g. receipt of N400)
RFE - Request For Evidence - you need to supply them with something (be it biometrics or otherwise)
FP - Finger Prints - as far as I know, the only biometric info you need to provide (plus they take your photo when doing your prints)

Received IL yesterday. Interview date sets on April 18.

Edit: Time to read the 100 civic test questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
An update....

Day 00: 02/05/2011 - N-400 package sent via USPS express mail
Day 01: 02/06/2011 - Package Received (signed at locbok DALLAS)
Day 05: 02/10/11-Check cashed -
Day 05: 02/11/11 Email sent to me for application received and NOA has been sent to me
Day 09 02/15/11 RECEIVED NOA LETTER BY MAIL
Day 17: 02/22/11 email receiv for case update FP was sent
Day 20: 02/25/11 FP received by mail
Day 25: 03/02/11 FP Done EARLY (walk in) 03/21/11 FP date( original date)
Day 33: 03/10/11 Email: Case transfer to a local office
Day 37: 03/14/11 intervierw letter received
Day 72: 04/18/11 Interview date (NEED TO STUDY NOW LOL)

@ICGreen - no probs! I had the same questions when i got on here...

@yen_saw & @touty80 = Congrats! I have been "studying" using the CD they gave us in the packet when getting the FP's done. I have a 30-45min drive time, plus the kids love to do the questions on the way to school ;)

Seems my processing is a few weeks behind y'all. Hopefully I'll make an Apr interview but am assuming May for now.

stevefromtx;2278679@yen_saw & @touty80 = Congrats! I have been "studying" using the CD they gave us in the packet when getting the FP's done. I have a 30-45min drive time said:
Thanks Steve, I am sure yours will not be too far behind. :cool:

On the civic test, some of the questions have multiple answers, are we supposed to memorize all the answers or just give one answer? Some question specifically ask for only one answer but most don't, just curious.

An update....

Day 00: 02/05/2011 - N-400 package sent via USPS express mail
Day 01: 02/06/2011 - Package Received (signed at locbok DALLAS)
Day 05: 02/10/11-Check cashed -
Day 05: 02/11/11 Email sent to me for application received and NOA has been sent to me
Day 09 02/15/11 RECEIVED NOA LETTER BY MAIL
Day 17: 02/22/11 email receiv for case update FP was sent
Day 20: 02/25/11 FP received by mail
Day 25: 03/02/11 FP Done EARLY (walk in) 03/21/11 FP date( original date)
Day 33: 03/10/11 Email: Case transfer to a local office
Day 37: 03/14/11 intervierw letter received
Day 72: 04/18/11 Interview date (NEED TO STUDY NOW LOL)
we have same interview date! Mine is at 2:30 PM.

Not that I've sat the test, but my understanding is that you only need one answer. While there are some with multiples, the multiples are all the same -
e.g.
John Roberts == John G. Roberts Jnr.
Biden == Joe Biden == Joseph Biden Jr
For questions like who wrote the declaration of independence, you really only need to know one of the authors.

Having said that, if you use the CD, this stuff gets drilled into your subconscious in a terrible way LOL :D

How often do they have oath ceremonies in Houston? Is the oath date the official date that one becomes a citizen?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to the first question. But, on the second question, yes, on the day of the oath, you also get the certificate of naturalization.

Not that I've sat the test, but my understanding is that you only need one answer. While there are some with multiples, the multiples are all the same -
e.g.
John Roberts == John G. Roberts Jnr.
Biden == Joe Biden == Joseph Biden Jr
For questions like who wrote the declaration of independence, you really only need to know one of the authors.

Having said that, if you use the CD, this stuff gets drilled into your subconscious in a terrible way LOL :D
Thanks Steve, I was wondering about that because some (infact many) questions have multiple (and different) answers. For example, question like 'What stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful' - do we need to answer both 'checks and balances' and 'separation of powers' or just one is enough?

Edit: Just found out that only one question will be sufficient. Thanks Steve!

Last edited by a moderator:
My driver license has my old appartement address on it. Do I need to make the address change on my DL before going to the interview next month???
Is that really matter guys??

Of course it matters since you are supposed to update your address on DL soon after you move.