Houston, TX N-400 Time Line

N-400Houston

What do you base youe expected oath date on? is there a schedule somewhere for Houston DO?

Wish you good luck

Thank you!

Yes, I saw a sign with dates for 2011 posted behind one of the officers' back. The lady in the information window has access to that information as well. She actually got up, found that poster and looked up the date for me. The February date is 22nd.

I don't believe this information is available eslewhere.

Received yellow letter today requesting state issued ID and my Green Card at the interview. The letter is dated 1/14/2011.

Duly, if you plan for Infopass, you may schedule one right away - the officer at the window has access to the whole case information and will be able to tell you when the interview is and even print a copy of the interview letter for you. This happened to me with the fingerprint letter when I went to an Infopass appointment unrelated to my N-400. After I was finished discussing this other matter (temporary evidence, I did not have my plastic GC), I asked about the N-400 case and she printed me a letter three days before I got it in the mail. I bet it is safe to assume your interview is already scheduled since you were ahead of me on the case transfer date.

Do let me know what you find out! So far I learned they can expedite the case when there is severe financial hardship to an individual or a company, but need to travel does not qualify, as you may easily travel with a visa anywhere you might need an American passport, and as far as attending the interview and oath - they may be rescheduled if they fall on the travel dates. That was the tier 2 response to my "expedite" question.

I will be really curious to know if there is a way to expedite the oath itself. So far my understanding is that Houston does not do administrative oaths other than for someone unable to attend judicious ceremony for physical reasons.

My infopass appointment is on Monday. Let's see.......

I walked in today and go t my finger prints done. Appointment was for 1/27. No questions. Total time 40min. Sugar Land ASC.

Received IL today for Feb 24.

Also, went in for my infopass appointment today to check on the possibility of an earlier ID and returned disappointed since the officer did not even care to look up. Just told me that they schedule interviews based on the earliest available slot and there is no way to move it up. Oath will be in March if everything goes well in the interview. N-400Houston, you and I would attend the same ceremony.

Congratulations on the letter! Mine may have made to my mailbox today as well, we'll see. Let's go for that ceremony! :)

N-400 Mailed October 9th 2010
Fingerprints November 8th
Interview January 24th 2011 at Greenspoint
Oath Scheduled for February 22nd.

Very Excited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry...we will be together since my interview has been postponed from today till March 9 due to the power outage at the Houston DO:p

aww bummer sorry to hear that SPB2011. So the blackout push your interview date by more than a month?!? gez....

hi yen_saw, seems like things are moving reasonably quickly (or faster than I expected anyway :p). I think i must live further out (I'm out west, near Katy) than you because our dates are almost identical for submission but I'm lagging a bit on getting the FP request from them.

No worry steve, i am sure your FP notice will arrive soon. We are really not too far apart as I am actually living in Katy.

Am sure y'all are already all over this but for any other newbies like myself, once you have your receipt number, you can check your status online at

https-dot--slash--slash-egov-dot-uscis-dot-gov-slash-cris-slash-Dashboard-dot-do

so..... because i'm new on here too, it won't let me post urls, so simply replace -slash- with fwd slash (/) and -dot- with a period(.) .
You can also check things like the current processing times (and volumes, they're huge in Houston :S).

Still waiting on the FP letter :)

@plshelp - what is the 'yellow letter'? Approval?