Houston, TX N-400 Time Line

Anyone in Houston who filed for N-400 recently?

Going to send our applications in this week. Just double- and triple-checking them.

@Julie_9: thank you very much for pointing to the Documentation thread. It was very informative and really opened up my eyes on how much documentation we'll have to gather. May I ask you why exactly IO asked you for lease documentation? That's not something that's really emphasized on the Documentation thread, so I'm wondering if it'll apply to my mom or I (and, unfortunately, I don't think we have kept all the past lease documentations).

No problem Rusdude, I'm happy that you putting all together and checking everything before you send it, it will save you some time later; my good lawyer didn't tell me anything about the documents... that's why I'm still waiting..., the IO just asked me old leases, back 2006, and what was hard for me, is that I went to the apartment that I used to live to get a copy, because like you, I didn't keep all the past docs, and it was sold and they didn't keep the records, so I had to make an affidavit telling the whole thing..., if you live with your mom now or vice-verse, you will need an affidavit from her too (or she needs one from you), hope that helps...

No problem Rusdude, I'm happy that you putting all together and checking everything before you send it, it will save you some time later; my good lawyer didn't tell me anything about the documents... that's why I'm still waiting..., the IO just asked me old leases, back 2006, and what was hard for me, is that I went to the apartment that I used to live to get a copy, because like you, I didn't keep all the past docs, and it was sold and they didn't keep the records, so I had to make an affidavit telling the whole thing..., if you live with your mom now or vice-verse, you will need an affidavit from her too (or she needs one from you), hope that helps...

Thanks! I hate bugging you any more, especially since you are still not done with your case, but would you mind PM'ing me the text of your affidavit?

We have SOME lease agreements, but -- just like in your case -- our complex had been sold a few times, so they don't have all paper records. So, I guess, my mom & I will do individual affidavits for ourselves and for each other and, maybe, can get something in writing from apartment complex (might have computer records, so perhaps they can do a letter similar to an employment letter).

After reading the Documentation thread and this not being mentioned in detail, I'm just a little worried why your IO was so nitpicky since you [I think] weren't applying based on marriage and so didn't have to show that you lived together and so forth and you had a bunch of other docs.

Wish they really would get their act together and standardize documentation needed and produce a definitive checklist. But what can we expect from an agency that can't even provide an authoritative formula for calculating number of days in a trip (guide says to count partial days in the US as full days in the US, but that's not entirely true based on a few threads I've read).

Rusdude, send me your personal email (as private msn) and I'll send you an affidavit, you can also google for affidavits, they have template ones online...

Rusdude, send me your personal email (as private msn) and I'll send you an affidavit, you can also google for affidavits, they have template ones online...

Thanks for helping us, Julie! How did your oath ceremony go?

We sent in applications on 8/27, got receipts dates 8/31 so now waiting on FP notices (taking awhile). As an FYI for others, we mailed two applications in same envelope (in separate sheet protectors) and they have consecutive receipt numbers. For some reason, though, even though we submitted separate G-1145 (email and text message notifications), both email notices went to same email address (cell phone number was the same on both forms). Weird - not sure whether they process just one G-1145 per package or someone made an error.