Houston, TX N-400 Time Line

Congratulations to you guys :) ... you made it... Please don't leave me here alone ok, LOL
Sspb, did you go that agency at Smith?, how long does it take it please?

Congratulations to you guys :) ... you made it... Please don't leave me here alone ok, LOL
Sspb, did you go that agency at Smith?, how long does it take it please?

I started this thread and I will visit this and other threads to give advice. this is a good site and I got lot of information from here.

Julie,
I applied yesterday at the US Passport agency at 1919 Smith after the oath ceremony (yesterday around 1PM) and picked it up today at 2:30PM.

Timeline
O: Houston
Oct 25, 2010: Sent to Lewisville, TX
Oct 28, 2010: Application Received
Oct 29, 2010: NOA
Nov 3, 2010: Check Cashed
Dec 6, 2010: Called USCIS and raised Service Request
Dec 16, 2010: RFE status
Dec 20, 2010: RFE letter received (Biometrics only - scheduled for Jan 5, 2010)
Dec 20, 2010: FP Done (walk in)
Dec 27, 2010: Yellow Letter received (Driver License only)
Dec 27, 2010: Case transferred to local office
Dec 31, 2010: Service Request Letter received saying FP done on Dec 20, 2010 still valid
Dec 31, 2010: Interview Letter received
Feb 2, 2011: Interview Day - Cancelled due to power outage- not sure what the cause was, it was a little windy, 32F feeling like minus, no rain, no snow, no ice
Mar 9, 2011: New Interview day- N652 Given
Apr 11, 2011: Called USCIS 1-800# and was told to wait 45 days before inquiring- so no service request taken
Jun 7, 2011: Called USCIS 1-800# and logged a service inquiry request- Same day got an e-mail stating case under review, a decision will be made within 90 days
Jul 13, 2011: Received e-mail about oath being scheduled
Jul 15, 2011: Oath letter received
Jul 20, 2011: Oath done and now US Citizen/ Passport applied at the US Passport agency
Jul 21, 2011: Passport received

@Pleasehelp, Yes we're putting all the leases together, probably I will send it out next week..., but I have to wait 30 days until the infopass right?, I'm kind lost now...I don't know if I should do that or just wait until their decision...
@Sspb - 1 day, that's great...., wow..., but you had to prove that you're going to travel? and also pay the fee right?

@Julie - Send your documents via certified mail and wait. You should have an answer in 30-45 days. Call customer service or schedule an info pass appointment if you don't hear anything after 30days.

I am not sure but I think there is no oath in August.

I cannot believe that my passport application was put on hold for some check. I applied on Wednesday after oath and was told to pick it up next day. anyways, was cleard by state dept. today and got the passport.

Hey guys, for those here in Houston that had the "N 652 decision cannot be made" , how long took them to send the decision please...

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I did not apply for my passport at the US Passport Agency like some seen to have done. I did not know that they processed applications that fast! I applied through the Post Office service (Richmond office) using standard processing on July 20. Did anyone else do it this way and how long did it take to receive your passport and naturalization certificates back?

Thanks

I applied at the passport agency and paid the expedite fee. The applied there because I did not want to get it back in an envelope (bent and all the bad crap). I have heard that post office usually staple it with the application and i did not want to have holes in my cert. to get a new one you have to pay I guess $600 so i thought better pay $60 expedite fee and get it next day. if you appky at passport agency they dont keep it, they just make a copy.
at passort agency you can get passport same day or next day depending how busy they are.

Hope you get yours soon.

I applied at the passport agency and paid the expedite fee. The applied there because I did not want to get it back in an envelope (bent and all the bad crap). I have heard that post office usually staple it with the application and i did not want to have holes in my cert. to get a new one you have to pay I guess $600 so i thought better pay $60 expedite fee and get it next day. if you appky at passport agency they dont keep it, they just make a copy.
at passort agency you can get passport same day or next day depending how busy they are.

Hope you get yours soon.

Hello, did you have to show proof of emergency trip such as flight ticket or flight intinery before you can get your passport expedite i:e get it the same day or next day?

Unfortunately I did not apply for my passport at the US Passport Agency like some seen to have done. I did not know that they processed applications that fast! I applied through the Post Office service (Richmond office) using standard processing on July 20. Did anyone else do it this way and how long did it take to receive your passport and naturalization certificates back?

Thanks

Hi ICGreen.

You can visit www.travel.state.gov
It will tell you about your passport status. It said about 4-6 weeks. I also applied my passport at the post office too.
You can also register at www.travel.state.gov to get the current update.

yes i did show them and cancelled it later. it was just a reservation.

How did you go about the reservation? does the ticket have to shown someone's name? can someone just book a ticket to Mexico or Canada just to get the passport expedite. thanks for your prompt response.

It's been a month since my interview and I haven't heard from them yet :( and in the end of this month is going to be 5 months that I submitt my N-400, what is the time frame for Houston, do you guys think that I should ask for infopass already? .... so stressfull...