Houston, TX N-400 Time Line

I had a similar experience. I was told it would be mailed out to me. So have you received your oath ceremony letter now? If so, how long did it take? Did you just wait for it to arrive or you had to take some actions? What action(s) did you have to take? Did your interview happen after 2:00pm on Feb 23rd?

I had my interview February 23rd and was told by the officer that I passed and he gave the N-652 saying I have been recommended for approval but didnt give me the oath ceremony letter. He only told me there is an oath for March 23rd that I will receive the letter in the mail and he said see you at the oath ceremony. A frined went for his interview yesterday and was given the oath ceremony letter on the spot after the interview.
For those of us interviewed in Houston in February, were you given the oath letter after the interview or were you told it will be mailed to you?

I had a similar experience. I was told it would be mailed out to me. So have you received your oath ceremony letter now? If so, how long did it take? Did you just wait for it to arrive or you had to take some actions? What action(s) did you have to take? Did your interview happen after 2:00pm on Feb 23rd?

w00t! got the email notification today that my status has moved to interview and testing. Have to wait on the actual snail mail to know when that is.

Houston-March

My time line below.

Do you usually see a change in the last update date after FP and before transfer? After about a week of doing my fp (walk in) the date is still the one when the sent the notice for fp.

Would love to know why my mail takes soooo long to get to me, but whatever..... IL received, ID scheduled for May 3rd.

yeah, still been listening to the CD on drive time. Am feeling ok about this test - 100 questions for which we know all the answers - only asked 10 questions and then only require 6 correct. I compare that to a PMP exam I have coming up (200 questions, 4 hrs to complete) and i'm feeling good :D I would just like the whole process to hurry up a little, but am learning a lot from the patience LOL

Those of you who already have their interviews done for Naturalization, Please let us know about your interview experience in Houston and if you were given oath letter the same day and your Oath Date.

Thanks,

Both my wife and I went yesterday. The location was at Greenspoint (near IAH). if you are heading there, note that the visitor parking is NOT on the same interview building. I was driving around the building trying to get in there but it was apparently for USCIS employee only. The visitor parking lot is actually diagonally across the road. After that we walked to the building, the main entrance is where the (smaller) replica of Lady of Liberty is. Soon after the entrance, you will be asked to go through a security check. Then we walked inside the building, and made a right turn into a hall where many people were seated, waiting for their name to be called. We placed our appointment letter into a tray and have oursleves seated (Your name will not be called if you do not place your appointment latter in the tray near the counter). After 30 minutes, my wife was called in for interview, and 5 minutes later it was my turn. A lady walked me into her office, after the oath, i was asked to be seated. She only requested my passports, green card and ID. Immediately afterwards, the civic test began, I was asked the following questions

- Name one branch or part ofg the government
- How many judges are there in the Supreme Court
- We elect the US senator for how many years
- If both the president and vice president can no longer serve, who becomes president
- What does the president's cabinet do
- forgot the last question

Then we move on to the reading test, she showed a sentence 'What country is the South of the US', after reading it, i was told to write ' Mexico is in the south of the US'.

Then she started to go through my application and basically just to verify that everything in the forms was filled properly. After that she told me i have passed the test, but since i am a week away from fullfilling my 5-yr term i will have to wait for my oath letter. So if you have stayed for more than 5 yrs in the states when taking the interview and passed, you can get the oath letter on the same day, but probably have to wait for an hour after the interview to get the letter. The entire interview took only about 20 minutes. It was even shorter for my wife ~ 15 minutes.

So i am now waiting for my Oath letter :) Good luck to all of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats @yen_saw. Did she happen to mention when your Oath Day will be? Or if there are many throughout the year? I guess I've been hoping that there's one per month here in Houston as we have so many people going through the system, but a friend who got his citizenship in 2008 made it sound like there was only maybe 2-4 ceremonies a year.

congrats @yen_saw. Did she happen to mention when your Oath Day will be? Or if there are many throughout the year? I guess I've been hoping that there's one per month here in Houston as we have so many people going through the system, but a friend who got his citizenship in 2008 made it sound like there was only maybe 2-4 ceremonies a year.

No she just asked me to wait for the Oath letter. I will update here as soon as i received the letter.

It's done finally....
Thanks God and everyone here on this forum for you posts. Good luck to those who are still waiting, never give up and stay positive.

Day 00: 02/05/2011 - N-400 package sent via USPS express mail
Day 01: 02/06/2011 - Package Received (signed at locbok DALLAS)
Day 05: 02/10/11-Check cashed -
Day 05: 02/11/11 Email sent to me for application received and NOA has been sent to me
Day 09 02/15/11 RECEIVED NOA LETTER BY MAIL
Day 17: 02/22/11 email receiv for case update FP was sent
Day 20: 02/25/11 FP received by mail
Day 25: 03/02/11 FP Done EARLY (walk in) 03/21/11 FP date( original date)
Day 33: 03/10/11 Email: Case transfer to a local office
Day 37: 03/14/11 intervierw letter received
Day 72: 04/18/11 Interview date (passed/ APPROVED)
Day 79: 04/27/11 oath ceremony in north Houston TX (Im very proud of myself)

Congretulation Yen-saw. I did my interview in houston at greenpoint in the north side. She asked me to wait and I got my invitation for the april 27, ceremony.
Are you sure they didnt ask you to wait also?

Congretulation Yen-saw. I did my interview in houston at greenpoint in the north side. She asked me to wait and I got my invitation for the april 27, ceremony.
Are you sure they didnt ask you to wait also?

I think he said that he had 5 days left in his 5 years term so IO probably will sign-off on it after that and then he will get the Oath Letter.

Probably for May 25, 2011....

Congrate touty80! 79 days for the entire process is IMPRESSSIVE!

yes as pleasehelp said I haven't met the 5 yr requirement yet by the time I passed the interview, so guess i will see stevefromtx on May 25th Oath ceremony:) Thanks pleasehelp08 for the ceremony date:cool: and thank you everyone in this forum who had helped me through this process.

Desperately need help. I know there is a merged thread dealing specifically with the issue of traffic citations and have been through that thread but I need help at it relates to Houston and Harris County in particilar and thought I would post my question here as well. Does anyone know how to obtain court disposition papers for Harris County traffic citations? I have tried searching online but their online search tools says there are no records for my drivers license even though the second of my 2 tickets was from earlier this year. The website does not have much guidance on how I can request court disposition records (which I assume are different from driving records) for traffic tickets that were dismissed. Thank you.

Desperately need help. I know there is a merged thread dealing specifically with the issue of traffic citations and have been through that thread but I need help at it relates to Houston and Harris County in particilar and thought I would post my question here as well. Does anyone know how to obtain court disposition papers for Harris County traffic citations? I have tried searching online but their online search tools says there are no records for my drivers license even though the second of my 2 tickets was from earlier this year. The website does not have much guidance on how I can request court disposition records (which I assume are different from driving records) for traffic tickets that were dismissed. Thank you.

IO's are not too concerened about traffic citations as long as are not too serious like DUI or suspended DL etc. just take your receipts to show you have paid the fines. if tickets have been dismissed then dont worry about it. you should be fine as long as there is no arrest.

I recently had an interview in Houston.....no questions regarding tickets ........