Houston, TX N-400 Time Line

Just updated my signature. Been over a month (37 days) since getting finger printed and no word. Starting to get a little concerned. :(

@ICGreen - you'll get your notification. I hoped that doing my FP early would move the case file along, but no.... you can see from my sig that I had a lag there too. There used to be an ad on TV in Australia that I always like to quote... "It won't happen overnight, but it will happen"

Just received my electronic notification that my case status has changed to Oath Day cermony. The email of course contains no details of "WHEN" but at least I know it's happening. Hope everyone else who's waiting on OD emails/letters is getting theirs today too!

@ICGreen - you'll get your notification. I hoped that doing my FP early would move the case file along, but no.... you can see from my sig that I had a lag there too. There used to be an ad on TV in Australia that I always like to quote... "It won't happen overnight, but it will happen"

Just received my electronic notification that my case status has changed to Oath Day cermony. The email of course contains no details of "WHEN" but at least I know it's happening. Hope everyone else who's waiting on OD emails/letters is getting theirs today too!

Good News......Congrats.......you will be getting your OATH ceremony letter in a week or so.........

whoops, misread....

to *get* email or SMS, you sign up on the USCIS website. You'll need your reference/account number.

I don't know how USCIS assigns case numbers to N400 applications but I was playing around with my case number and saw that only NBC*------741 and NBC*------775 have status showing "Oath Ceremony"

No, not mine :) Mine was literally updated today. Received the notifications saying it was updated on the 17th and the online status reflects the same.

@steve.....thats good...you had your interview on 5/3 and have oath scheduled.

@yen_saw - Have you received email or SMS ?

@steve.....thats good...you had your interview on 5/3 and have oath scheduled.

@yen_saw - Have you received email or SMS ?

Edit: I just check my online status, it is on oath ceremony! updated on 17th May too, that's today!

Last edited by a moderator:
@icgreen - congrats, it's definitely still moving along. You're only 60 days in so you're moving along pretty well.

@yen - congrats! received my letter today (prob thurs but was out of town). I'm at the same center but am assuming *everyone* is at the same center :)

@plsehelp - have you not gotten any notification nor change of status on the website? Just wondering if it's worth giving the USCIS/DHS a call and trying to get a hold of your IO? They might be able to tell you what the hold up is?? Am hoping you do get that letter tomorrow or monday!

Congrats to those of you who have received their Oath letters...

@steve - I called USCIS on Wednesday and was transfered to Tier 2 and she told me the same thing which I see online, nothing new. I was given N-14 to submit tax transcripts which I sent within a week. I asked if USCIS received those and she did not know how to check that.

"On May 9, 2011, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview."

05/05/2011 - FP Done (as per scheduled appointment at SL ASC)
05/09/2011 - Online status changed (see above)
05/??/2011 - Yellow Letter, if any - Not received yet
05/??/2011 - Interview Letter - Not received yet
06/??/2011 - Interview Date - Do not know yet
07/??/2011 - Oath Date - Do not know yet

I have noticed most of you have received IL within ten days after FP. In my case, over couple of weeks passed no update yet :-(

@advantage - mine took 25 days before I got electronic notification, and another 5 days past that to receive the letter. hang in there, it does move (albeit, slowly)

@plshelp08 - how did you send the transcripts? registered mail? *anything* traceable? Not sure what your interviewing officer was like but I thought mine was very approachable and would field a call if I had tried to make one, just wondering if thats an option for you. It *seemed* to me, that this lady had had my file prior to the interview (and i mean days/weeks, not minutes) so I get the feeling that a single case officer works these rather than them being passed around and around. It may not be possible to reach the IO, but maybe worth a shot, especially if they can tell you what's happening versus someone in 'support' who reads the same screen as we do. Really rooting for you to get thta letter soon, or at least find out what the hold up is!

@advantage - mine took 25 days before I got electronic notification, and another 5 days past that to receive the letter. hang in there, it does move (albeit, slowly)

Alright, I will wait another week patiently. Btw, do you know when the next oath ceremony is after 06/16? Since there is none in May, I am assuming two in June 06/16 and 06/30, thinking loudly and very optimistic :)