Houston, TX N-400 Time Line

Am sure y'all are already all over this but for any other newbies like myself, once you have your receipt number, you can check your status online at

https-dot--slash--slash-egov-dot-uscis-dot-gov-slash-cris-slash-Dashboard-dot-do

so..... because i'm new on here too, it won't let me post urls, so simply replace -slash- with fwd slash (/) and -dot- with a period(.) .
You can also check things like the current processing times (and volumes, they're huge in Houston :S).

Still waiting on the FP letter :)

@plshelp - what is the 'yellow letter'? Approval?

Steve,

Yellow letter tells you what to bring to the interview. In my case USCIS asked me to bring Tax returns.

Cool. So your interview date is set then? Or thats the problem, you've got the letter telling you hat to bring but you've not heard when to bring it yet?

Am sure y'all are already all over this but for any other newbies like myself, once you have your receipt number, you can check your status online at

https-dot--slash--slash-egov-dot-uscis-dot-gov-slash-cris-slash-Dashboard-dot-do

Thanks!!;)

Looks like the entire process will take about 5 months for Houston area, which is average national time.

Cool. So your interview date is set then? Or thats the problem, you've got the letter telling you hat to bring but you've not heard when to bring it yet?

I have not received the interview letter yet. I moved to Houston from another city so it might take time as my 'A' file will be transfered to Houston first and then I will be scheduled for interview.

@yen - it may take that long, but *could* be shorter. The way I read the official wording, the national target is 5mths, and when reporting, offices will either report in months or using Priority Dates. When using P-dates, this seems (to me) like those offices that are way behind, you'll often see them referencing P-dates that are at leats a year old. When referencing months, the wording indicates that if an office is running at, or faster, the target,t hey'll report 5 months. Sooooo, it could be that Houston is running slightly faster than target - or it could just be wishful thinking and they're truly at 5 months ;)

@pls - i've got a potential move too, I get the feeling when this happens it can slow things down quite a bit.

@ins - you've got the ball rolling, now just need to hurry up and wait like the rest of us :D

Out of interest, @yen (or anyone else who's monitoring online) - what 'blue dot' is your status currently sitting at? Mines still on Initial Review. But as far as I can tell, the next 'dot' is Interview. I'd like to know if you have a 'dot' for finger printing, or if yours is already past initial review, etc ....

got notified just now that they mailed my FP request today !w00t! Am guessing it'll prob be for Sugar Land office but i guess i get to wait and see....

got notified just now that they mailed my FP request today !w00t! Am guessing it'll prob be for Sugar Land office but i guess i get to wait and see....

Once you get request for evidence (RFE) for finger prints your status will change and a new blue dot will be added to the status i.e Request for Evidence

Sugar Land ASC is on West Airport and Voss.

Out of interest, @yen (or anyone else who's monitoring online) - what 'blue dot' is your status currently sitting at? Mines still on Initial Review. But as far as I can tell, the next 'dot' is Interview. I'd like to know if you have a 'dot' for finger printing, or if yours is already past initial review, etc ....
Hey Steve mine is on Initial Review! I have other commitment on March 10 which is my FP date so i hope to get it done on March 4th instead. Has anyone in Houston area able to get their FP done before the actual date before?

Hey Steve mine is on Initial Review! I have other commitment on March 10 which is my FP date so i hope to get it done on March 4th instead. Has anyone in Houston area able to get their FP done before the actual date before?

I gave my finger prints before the scheduled day....no questions were asked... Sugar Land ASC

Interview went well. No surprises and the officer was really nice. Chatted about my profession more than asking me questions. Received oath letter right there for 3/23.

Good luck N-400Houston for your interview in the morning! Make sure to make it on time. They called me right around my scheduled time.

Congrats @duly! wish i was where u r now....

Am starting to think maybe my mail has been intercepted.... i got my electronic notification that they had mailed my FP request, am yet to receive this piece of mail :(

IM SCHEDULE FOR MY FP on 03/21/11 which is one month away.
Can I go next week? what difference will that make for my case?
Thanks guys for your advises

Interview went well. No surprises and the officer was really nice. Chatted about my profession more than asking me questions. Received oath letter right there for 3/23.

Good luck N-400Houston for your interview in the morning! Make sure to make it on time. They called me right around my scheduled time.
Congrates! Where was the interview?

Received my FP request today, SUgarland ASC, 3/22. Am wondering if it will make any difference if I do a walk-in sometime in the next week or two. Am assuming it will be no and no - for will they care and will it move me along any faster.

Did our Finger printing yesterday at Sugarland ASC (walk-in). Original scheduled date was March 10. I don't think they are even checking the appointment date. It was pretty empty, we were out in 15minutes.

Hi Guys thanks for your advise, I want for my FP today ASC in Sugar land schedule day was 03/21. I got it done, no question..it was fast just, in- out 10min....
We will see if it make a difference in the whole process.....