HELP : need to withdraw N-400 for applying too early?!

where would they ship that person out to? CUBA? Sure Inida in that instance will not take the person back.

Any two countries may have had a mutual agreement for a long time on such matter.
India can deport a person of US origin to the USA even that person gives his US citizenship. So two countries usually cooperate in this respect

Any two countries may have had a mutual agreement for a long time on such matter.
India can deport a person of US origin to the USA even that person gives his US citizenship. So two countries usually cooperate in this respect

This is your opinion...Please provide facts...I totally disagree with you

One adivise to all. Please if anyone knows the answer correctly then please post and help so and not not your opinions, as people may be misled and can end up in dire consequences.[/QUOTE]

Well this is what is going on in this forum..There are some people on this forum..although citing the law, their opinions are putting fear in other people lives..

I appreciate all the inputs and comments as usual. :) This may sound useless to some people, but I have decided to address my concern to the folks at the local USCIS field office with an infopass appointment on 8/12 and see what they have to say about my situation. Just want to hear as much opinions as possible before taking any course of action.
I agree...take it to them and see what they said..Please make sure you write down the name of the IO you will talk to..it might come handy at interview...People opinion on this forum usually will puts fear on you unstead of giving you hope...this is why I am here...

This is bad advice. If the OP's application is approved, there's a chance (however slight it may be) that the application may get audited some time down the line and the applicant will be denaturalized if the auditors find that he/she applied too early.

Vorpal....With all due respect this is NOT bad advise...You are speaking another language...Please do not post anything is you dont have PROOF or FACTS to back it up...I am sick and tired of you guys playing the scare tactic game on others people in this forum...You are a naturalize USC..Good for you...give someone else a chance to be one....OP does not rick GC revocation at interview..Only time and money will be loss is case it is denied at interview..this is not your money...let he or her go through the process and we will see the outcome...Please stop the killing

The bottomline is that unless something is that so you have to be opportunitic, the best thing to do is to do it properly. If you apply too early then
withdraw and re-apply. You may not have a peace of mind if you just pass off.

.I am sick and tired of you guys playing the scare tactic game on others people in this forum..
You have 14 postings to your alias and you are sick and tired of the cautious advice of senior members? Perhaps you need to invest some time and read up on past experiences from other posters or you need to find another forum to complain to.

I agree...take it to them and see what they said..Please make sure you write down the name of the IO you will talk to..it might come handy at interview...People opinion on this forum usually will puts fear on you unstead of giving you hope...this is why I am here...

Thanks for your comment, givepeoplehope (good name I say :) ) By "the name of the IO," did you mean the person who sits behind the inquiry window?

I really appreciate all you folks weighing in on this thread, analyzing the pros and cons to help me (and others who are in the similar situation) make the decision. Let's keep this up so more immigrants can benefit from this forum!

Thanks for your comment, givepeoplehope (good name I say :) ) By "the name of the IO," did you mean the person who sits behind the inquiry window?

I really appreciate all you folks weighing in on this thread, analyzing the pros and cons to help me (and others who are in the similar situation) make the decision. Let's keep this up so more immigrants can benefit from this forum!

IO means interview officer...make sure you take down anyone name to talk to about your situation...

IO means interview officer...make sure you take down anyone name to talk to about your situation...

But I doubt any interview officers will come out and talk to me...I hope I can, I mean it's just one simple question...can I request to talk to them though?

You have 14 postings to your alias and you are sick and tired of the cautious advice of senior members? Perhaps you need to invest some time and read up on past experiences from other posters or you need to find another forum to complain to.
Mr Bobsmyth
I know I just have 14 lets us make it 16 now..But I have been a silent observer in this forum for a while..and I have a lot of respect for you...Although, I do not agree with at least 45 percent of your views...But I like you in the forum...But others like Jack..WHD, etc...where I disagree with almost at 100 percent of their opinion...Hey Bob don't get me wrong you are a good guy...

I appreciate all the inputs and comments as usual. :) This may sound useless to some people, but I have decided to address my concern to the folks at the local USCIS field office with an infopass appointment on 8/12 and see what they have to say about my situation. Just want to hear as much opinions as possible before taking any course of action.

Based on my own experience of 4 infopass in last 4 months, it is a waste of time. At least in Chicago you do not go beyond the person in the counter. Mostly they are old hags with no interest in their job or civility. May be i change my opinion based on your experience.

But i cannot foresee a case when anyone can accept your application after you inform him that you had filed early. Based on statutes they have to reject it. May be there was 50/50 chance that it may not have been detected if you keep your mouth shut.

best of luck

Based on my own experience of 4 infopass in last 4 months, it is a waste of time. At least in Chicago you do not go beyond the person in the counter. Mostly they are old hags with no interest in their job or civility. May be i change my opinion based on your experience.

But i cannot foresee a case when anyone can accept your application after you inform him that you had filed early. Based on statutes they have to reject it. May be there was 50/50 chance that it may not have been detected if you keep your mouth shut.

best of luck

Are you hinting my infopass appointment can potentially jeopardize my application by bring their attentions to my problem?

Let me throw my hat in the ring...
First of all everything here is opinion, not a legal advice.
Second, lawyer will not tell both sides of the story if it serves him. No such worry here. You will get knowledge.

I am very doubtful someone with 100% clean file (filed on time, no issues) will come here and get un-necessarily scared.
Chances are if you are scared of getting your application denied, this forum will make your anxiety even worse.
However, if you are borderline aware of the issues, your knowledge will be increased by authentic research and experiences.
But with great knowledge comes great responsibility ... to be able to sort out irrelevant facts and pick what truly fits your situation.

But with 5-10% of the applications routinely denied by CIS, I think the borderline applications need a dose of reality and this forum does that well.

Are you hinting my infopass appointment can potentially jeopardize my application by bring their attentions to my problem?

I am surprised you do not think so.
Help Desk's note in OP's record Applicant came to check whether his filing was timely and he said something about 90 days not being 3 months. Didn't make sense to me. Note to IO. Please check.

I am surprised you do not think so.
Help Desk's note in OP's record Applicant came to check whether his filing was timely and he said something about 90 days not being 3 months. Didn't make sense to me. Note to IO. Please check.

Then if the answer is yes (it will result in denial), then I would withdraw my application without a doubt for good. Honesty is the best policy, right?

Then if the answer is yes (it will result in denial), then I would withdraw my application without a doubt for good. Honesty is the best policy, right?

You should assume that they will record (not audio, but transcribe) any information you give them ... unless you discuss without giving your application number. If they don't know you, they can't hurt you.

But most likely in your case, you intend to discuss the issue by describing the dates on the file. But it is very likely that rather than listening to your story about dates, they will open the file to check.

BTW, I have no personal infopass experience, this is based on common sense experience with help desk people. They have performance quotas to meet, and for each case need to log something (even if it is a minor update) to track their work. Now whether the CIS systems are built for such things, I do not know. So before giving up, see if someone else will offer some hope...

You have 2 choices:

1) Withdraw application now and resubmit a new one.

2) Continue with current one and use argument that you applied 3 calendar months early if USCIS denies you for filing too early.

In the end, choice 2 is clearly riskier. It's up to you to decide whether the risks are worth it.

Vorpal....With all due respect this is NOT bad advise...You are speaking another language...Please do not post anything is you dont have PROOF or FACTS to back it up...I am sick and tired of you guys playing the scare tactic game on others people in this forum...You are a naturalize USC..Good for you...give someone else a chance to be one....OP does not rick GC revocation at interview..Only time and money will be loss is case it is denied at interview..this is not your money...let he or her go through the process and we will see the outcome...Please stop the killing

1. I am speaking English - what language are YOU speaking?

2. Do YOU have proof or facts of what you are posting? There's plethora of proof and facts on this very forum that support my stance on this issue - don't be afraid to use the search button.

3. At no point did I mention ANYTHING about GC revocation...here's further proof that you are the one speaking another language.

Last edited by a moderator: