Has anybody got I-485 receipt lately?

It seems our application is indeed similar. I will let you know once I got FP notice.

hopemit said:
Hi Nylcyr

My application actually reached there by october 3rd and my application received date is saying october 27th. but since we are almost the same kind of application, our priority date is 18th april 2001 from india, when you receive fp notice let me know

hopemit said:
Hi Nylcyr

My application actually reached there by october 3rd and my application received date is saying october 27th. but since we are almost the same kind of application, our priority date is 18th april 2001 from india, when you receive fp notice let me know
Hopemit and Nylcr,

My PD is also April 18th 2001 and I'm in EB3 from India. My application was first sent on 9/25/06 and I (attorney filing on my behalf) got a receipt on Nov 16th showing RD as Nov 13th.
I haven't received FP notice to date. Please do let me know if you recieve yours and I'll do likewise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question related to PD on I485 receipt notice

All,

I was looking at my I 485 receipt notice but found that PD entry was blank. Is this usual?

My approved I 140 notice has the correct PD listed and mine was NOT a concurrent filing, so I'm a bit confused.

Haven't received receipt letter

Still have not received receipt letter for my filing I140/I485 to NSC on Nov 3 (EB2/RIR LC PD-Feb 2002, AP-Oct 2006). Just checked the bank, the paycheck also have not been cashed.

Is it normal??? And is there a way to check the mail system, or a number call to check with USCIS?

Another naive question: if finally I received receipt letter, say Dec 10, will the receipt date in the letter be some date in Nov, or Dec? And, what is the difference between RD and ND?

Thank you!

Hi WorryIndy,
I have also not received receipt letter for my filing I485/AP/EAD to NSC on Nov 3 (EB3-World / RIR, LC and I-140 Approved, PD-June 2002).
My lawyer checked the bank, the paycheck also have not been cashed yet.

Pass on details when you receive your Receipt letter and
If you know someone who got the receipt letter filed around Nov 1st week.

Thank you!

My 485 was send on 10/18/06 and the checks have not been cashed yet? Anyone in similar situation? Could you please advise my next steps ?

Difference between Notice Letter & Receipt

Hi,

My lawyer is about to file my 485/765/etc today (November 30, 2006)

Whats the difference between Notice Letter & Receipt and according to USCIS when are we suppose to get those.

Thanks

Just called NSC

I-140/I-485 concurrently filed to NSC on 11/04/2006, so far no any receipt/check not been cashed. Just called NSC, a person told me that they checked their system, no record at all. He gave me a fax number (1-402-219-6171) to ask my employer to state this situation. But I really did not know how much help we can gain from it? Anyone has such tough experience?

Another question: my employer plan to re-sumbit everything if no response in the future. However, the difficulty thing is that we have enclosed every original document in the previous mail package (LC approval letter, Medical Exam, Notarized document, photos...), how should we resend the application with those 'missing' original document?

An update, one of my friend also I-140/I-485 in the middle of November, she received I-485 receipt, but no I-140 receipt. Still luck than mine.

Hello WorryIndy,
I still have not yet receive the notice either, and I am seriously thinking about refiling too. What info did you give to check your status?

Obviously, they have not yet opened you mail, that is why they don't have the record yet. I guess it is in queue or lost. I think you should call your lawyer and fax the tracking request. Since you concurrently filed, either tracking 140 or 485 will do.

Hi, Katewill:

Is this tracking request need to be submitted via the fax number that I listed? Actually, I worked at University so only International Affair can deal with such issue.

i think this number is used to request expedite the process.
it is worth a try i guess. we will need to do something before we refile.
i am going to ask lawyer if this faxing will do any good.

Unfortunately, the person who handled my case will return until next Monday, so I can do nothing at this point.

As the talk with NSC, he said this number should work for such issue, but I really have no idea how that will work...

Survival2002, have you tried calling?
below from USCIS website
"While we will not research the status of a case that is within the normal processing time, we do offer a variety of case services while your case is pending with us. Please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for assistance for any of the issues listed here.

-If you mailed your application or petition more than 30 days ago to a Service Center or to our National Benefit Center, and have not yet received a receipt in the mail. "

let me know how it goes...

Called the customer service and after a hour wait, the lady told me that they do not have any of my records and I should write a letter to Nebraska. I spoke to my attorney about this and they want me to wait a few more weeks as they see a heavy backlog in NSC with respect to receiving the receipts. It seems they just received a receipt on Dec 5th for a applicant filed on Oct 12th. Hence they want me to wait..

I have the tracking number that says it was delivered on Oct 20th but not sure what to do here. I am not confident if writing a letter to NSC will help.

No receipt from Nebraska Service Center

Hi,
I filled my NIW (I-140, I-485, EAD & Advance Parole) on 11/14/06.
Till today, 12/12/06, I have not received a receipt notice.
What does it mean? What if the USCIS lost my application?
Thanks for the help.

So if I filled on 11/14/06, and checks weren't cashed and no receipt - I got nothing to complain about?..

i guess

alevi008 said:
So if I filled on 11/14/06, and checks weren't cashed and no receipt - I got nothing to complain about?..

mine also is stuck somewhere and no receipt since 11/1.
my worry is that RECEIPT DATE is based on the day they actually input our data to the system. so there goes a month delay itself.