H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

Canada Visitor Visa for US Consulate Visit.

Hi Guys:
I need to get the Canada Visitor Visa from NY via mail. I have a few questions. The instructions says that we need to get the appointment letter first and then apply for Canada Visitor Visa. I am not sure when I can go to Canada, I just know that I will be planning to go between May - July whenever I get appointment and it works out with my work schedule.
Please let me know if I can just apply for a Canada visitor visa for Tourism and then tie in the Visa thing as well.
Thank you,
Raj.

H1b Stamping in Canada

I am from India. I am planning to go to Ottawa for my 1st H1B stamping (F1 (computer science) to h1). My h1B was approved in December 2006. I have a couple of questions:

1) Will my information be already there in the PIMS system?
2) My last name is: "Gupta". is it a common last name?
3) is there any thing else that may cause an administrative processing in my case?
4) if I am stranded in Canada, can I come bace to US with my current I-94 or do i need to go back to India from there?

Any comments are higly appreciated. Please advice.

Thank You.

Triple Citizen

Hi Triple Citizen, did you relative got H-1 visa or is he still waiting. I am waiting for 5 months in Canada due to name check (Most common muslim first name)

Palobuddy,
My brother's brother-in-law is still waiting for his visa. His interview was on 11/22. So he is close to 4.5 months.

Triple Citizen, any idea when was the last time he got his clearance, I got mine back in 2003 and took 100 days then , now it has been 150 days this time. Does he have a common name like Muhammad/Ahmed/Khan etc ?

I don't know how long it took him for his F-1 visa, it was in 2002 I think.
He has common first and last names.

Triple Citizen, any idea when was the last time he got his clearance, I got mine back in 2003 and took 100 days then , now it has been 150 days this time. Does he have a common name like Muhammad/Ahmed/Khan etc ?

Answers below:
1. I would plan for a week ... please read here.
2. No comments.
3. Administrative processing is triggered only when the application appears fraudulent.
4. The I-94 associated with the I-797 is no longer valid for travel if the application for a visa is in process. However, you can return to your home country in the mean time.

Going to Canada for h1 stamping. Need info please.

Hi,

I am going to Canada , Ottawa for H1 stamping.

ANy one know how to get Canada Visa? I am CA, so I think I have to go to Los Angles for stamping.

ANy one please provide me with all the info and documents needed for visa.

Can I send the documents to Canada Embassay via post or I have to go in person for the visa?

Please help.

Thanks

Hi
Iam planning to go to Calgary for my first H1b visa stamping
Does any one have any recent experience
My husband and I are both on H1 presently,his labor is cleared would this effect me in amy way
I came to US on F1 visa then on H4 and now on H1
Please reply

hi,

i was wondering if anyone has experienced a delay with the consulate with processing once they have gotten the clearance from DC for admin processing? It's been 2 weeks now since I got the clearance and the consulate already called me in once but then told me that they accidentally called me prematurely. Just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience and how much additional time the consulate took for processing after getting clearance from DC

Thanks

Need help

Hi Guys,
I am a physician and I will be applying for an H1b visa in Toronto soon.
- What is the waiting time these days to get an interview. I know it is online, but is it difficult to get an interview quickly.
- After you interview, how long it takes to get the real visa.

Thanks