H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

moddy,

Did they give you a time frame of waiting of 2 to 3 weeks? I'm guessing it's been longer than that now?

Sorry to hear about your situation but your only option is to wait it out. Good luck!!!

Does any one know what i can do or try to do for follow ups.....I have registered with National academies .......i call DOS every 2 days email the consulate but nothing happens.....

Triple,

Do people who have canadian PR and H-1B work authorization on paper (I-797) have the option to go back to the US to keep working and wait for the visa authorization?

No. Applying for a US visa disqualifies an applicant from AVR. Having Canadian PR does not factor at all.

Do people who have canadian PR and H-1B work authorization on paper (I-797) have the option to go back to the US to keep working and wait for the visa authorization?

Need advice on H1 stamping in Canada

Hi All,

First of all thanks for all the information available on this forum. Here is my story.
2003 - Came to US for Masters on F1
2005 - Converted to H1B for employer 1
2007 - Transferred H1B to employer 2
Dec 2007 - Employer 2 closed its operation/company shut down
Dec 2007 - Immediately Filed for H4 (my wife is H1B)
Mar 2008 - Have an offer from a company - ready to sponsor H1B

I am still waiting for decision for my H4 application.

Questions:
1. The company lawyer asked me to go out of US and get H1 visa stamped since it is more than 3 months since my last H1B employment. Shall I goto Canada or India for visa stamping? What is the risk of going to Canada?
2. For Canada visitor visa application to New York, do you need to show your ties to India (Financial documents in India)?

Thank you all for reply.

Successful H1B stamping in Ottawa - March 17 2008

I got my Second H1B stamping successfully in ottawa. My old H1 got expired on Sep 2007. Mean while I have changed my employer. With the new Employer, my H1 is valid till Aug 2009. So, i have to get my H1 Visa stamping with new employer.

I am living in Boston. Went to Newyork, to get my Canada Visitor Visa on March 3 2008.
Leave from boston on March 15 by Flight Air canada. In the Canadian Immigration , the officer asked about the purpose of VISIT and the stay. I told, as US Visa Stamping and showed the appointment letter, and the hotel Reservation . (both are must).

March 17 : Went today morning by having appointment Letter, DS-156, DS-157, passport and all the supporting documents. My Appointment was at 9:30 AM.

Important :
Please remember to take 3 copies of Scotia Bank receipt. Pay $131 US or equivalent canadian Dollars or u can swipe your card to the cashier and they will give back 2 receipts. (Scotia Bank @ Queens Rd will open at 9 AM).

At US Embassy :

1 . Dont carry bags,cellphones and any electronic instruments . Please take all your documents in a folder. (I went at 9:15 AM for 9:30 Appointment)

2. The Security at the gate checked the appointment letter and asked do u carry any electronic items?. I said NO. She let me in.

3. Next is the Security Check in, there we have to drop all the folders, jackets, belts . Once the screening is done,they asked me to get in to the door .

4. A lady in there is checking the mandatory Documents (DS-156, DS-157, Passport, I-797, Scotia Bank Receipt), and instructed me to go to Window 7.

5. No need to wait, just go to Window 7 and give the documents mentioned in point 4. The lady at Window 7 will ask, what is the status in Canada?. I said , visitor. She took all the document and said, Please be seated , your name will be called.

6. I wait around 10 mins, then I was called at Window 5 and given the 10 finger prints. came back and again waited for the interview.

7. After 25 mins, I was called at Window 1 for interview.

Question from the Officer :
---------------------------
Q. Why did u changed your employer?.
A. For Carrier Growth and challenging work.

Q. What kind of work you do ?
A. Told about my work (i am java programmer).

Q. Are u working in your employer place or client Place?
A. Client Place

Q. Show me your w2 form and Recent Pay stubs ?.
A. provided my W2 and pay stubs.

Q. Till when u are working with your new Employer ?.
A. Told the Period mentioned in I-797A Form.

That's all !!!. The Officer said, i am authorizing you the H1, you can get it by tommorrow @ 3 PM and gave back the scotiabank receipt and a card mentioned the time and the day to get the passport.
I am waiting to get my passport tommorrow.

(There was couple of guys came for stamping , both are getting their new H1 (F1 to H1). One will get passport by tommorrow, and another one will be getting on Thursday 20 March
(Since PIMS -(Petioner Information Management system) Not updated)

Best Regards
Elamaran Anbalagan

Elamaran,

Congrats! What country are you a citizen of by the way?

I'm still stuck in administrative review but spoke to state department today and they told me that I should request PIMS since this is my second H-1B. Does anyone know how much expedited admin approvals become if they put you through PIMS?

Thanks.

How can I revalidate my H1-B expired 355 days ago?

Hi Immigration Helpers,

Here's my bulleted list of information about my expired H1-B, which I would like to revalidate or re-stamp.

My first question: Do I still have some chance to get my visa revalidated with expiry time = 355 days?

1) My only H1-B was issued on Oct 20, 2004 and expired on Mar 27, 2007.
2) I stayed in USA only once with that H1-B from Aug 2005 to Jan 2006.
3) Now I am in Canada on student visa and still have 10 days to apply for H1-B re-stamping. Can I apply from Canada?
4) Previous sponsor was an IT company.
5) No new sponsor currently available but which type of company should it be so that I can get re-stamping done easily?
6) My last paystub is for Jan 2006. Can I use my paystubs?
7) What documents do I need from my previous sponsor - a) ones that I used for H1-B application and b) ones that I would have to request anew?
8) What documents do I need from my new sponsor?
9) How much will I have to pay for the application?

I will highly appreciate your valuable comments and guidance.

Thanks!!!

Hey,

Thanks so much for this information. It serves majority of my questions.

However, now I have another question. How can one revalidate H1-B after it has expired (as allowed by the US until 1 year after expiry)? First, with expired H1-B I think one cannot stay in the US. Second, if you are not in the US and have expired H1-B then, according to your link, a new petition has to be filed. So is there a case when you can revalidate expired H1-B?

Thanks again for the info!!!

Hi, I am trying to get a H1B Visa Appointment from the Canadian Consulate at Montreal or from Ottawa. Is there any particular time of the day, that I should be checking the available appointments. I am not finding much availability.

Would really appreciate if someone can assist.

Regards

Waiting Since First Weke of Nov

I applied for F1 ----> H1 in first week of Nov at Vancouver and I am still waiting. My first name is Muhammad. Are there any one out here who is stuck in name check. I am from Pakistan. I know a thread on murthy forum but I am wondering if there are some poor souls on this forum too who are waiting. This is worst nightmare of my life.

Please share any info about any one who is stuck with name check.

Thanks,

Can Visa Application fee($131) be paid as cash(US dollars) at Ottawa? Or it should be through scotiaBank deposit slip? Appreciate your input. I have an appointment on Monday morning at 8am and reaching Ottawas Sunday. If they don't accept cash, I have to re-schedule the appointment
Thanks

You have to give scotia bank receipt, you could be late for 1-2 hours for interview. Go to consulate, the guard would ask you for receipt, say you do not have then he will direct you to bank and would let you come back once you have receipt.Once you get pass guard then no one cares for your original scheduel.

H-1B Stamping in Toronto. No Paystubs.

Hello,

I'm 9th year H-1b Extension. The date on the passport is expired. I've to stamp my passport for renewal(revalidation). But...

I've been residing in Canada for the past 10 months. I've taken a personal leave for one year from my company in USA. (May 2007- may 2008)

Now, I'm planning to return back to work in USA with the same employer and my employer has given me employment verification but I do not have recent pay stubs since I was not paid.

1) Is there any other document I can take in the place of paystubs (My paystubs from last May 2007??? or W2 Statements?)

2) Is this paystub issue a problem in getting stamped in Toronto. Will they ask me to go to India?

Any experiences/ thoughts?

For your situation, you need to show pay stubs only for the period of your stay in the US. Yes, the Toronto consulate will stamp your passport as long as you maintain the Canadian residential requirements.