H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

H1b stamping in montreal with degree certificate

Hi all

I also have similar case as purab2000. Came to US in sept 2000 on F1. Have not yet got my degree certificate (completed the course work and thesis defense, just have to submit the documentation). Have been working since Feb 2004 on H1b. Can i go to Montreal, canada for my H1 b stamping. Is a degree certificate from US a must.

Please do advice as i need to schedule an appointment at the earliest. Will the degree certificate be required if i go to India.

Thanks in advance
Good luck to all

yash

jhumkasrc said:
My passport H1 visa stamping has long expired. My H1 I797 approval validity is till March 14 2005. I have to land in Canada within the next one and half months for Canadian immigration. Given that my I797 validity is for another 2+ months, will it be possible to try get the US visa stamping done in Canada now ? In other words is there any rule that the I797 approval validity has to be at least 6 more months for the visa stamping ?

Regards

--You do not need to get an H1-B stamp. USe automatic revalidation for entry back to US

H1-B1 Stamping

Hello, I need some help::::
I am working for a company and they sponsored my H1-b as a part time employee. Currently I am getting $24000/annum as a salary.
My question is: Is it possible to apply for my visa stamping in Canada with my current situation eg: part time job status and salary range.
Wish someone will help me out.
Thanks,
Shaft

H1-B1 Stamping

Need Help...
I am working for a company and they sponsored my H1-b as a part time employee. Currently I am getting $24000/annum as a salary.
My question is: Is it possible to apply for my visa stamping in Canada with my current situation eg: part time job status and salary range.
Wish someone will help me out.
Thanks,
Shaft

Hello All,

Has anyone recently registered in the nvars website to check the next Visa appointment availability at Ottawa, Canada consulate? or Is there any web link that shows the first available day? I am wondering whether any availability in January 2005 for H1 extension.
Here is the background. My current visa (stamped in the passport) is getting expired in the first week of Feb 2005 and expecting extended I-797 in the first week of Jan 2005. If possible, I am thinking of getting the extension stamped in the passport before Feb 2005 in Canada. When I visited the nvars website, it is asking for all the info even before it shows the availability calendar. Since I have n't received the I-797 yet, I cannot enter that info now.
Thanks in advance and any info is much appreciated.

New Kind of Restamping case

Hi guys

Please help me
My H1 was stamped in May 2002 (with expiry April 04) in New Delhi India but I came in October 2003
Now this company filed my extension in March which got approved in June 21st for which I never got the I797 (or any kind of papers, I got to know about the approval by checking status online with EAC #)

Now without these extension papers I got my Visa transfered to some other company for which I have I 797

Now I need to go to India but I want to stamp before that so I am going to Calgury, Canada, Please let me know if that is risky in absence of extension papers from my first company

Also I have my education from India which is
BA ( 3 year degree course)
PGDCA ( one year correspondance diploma course in Computer Applications)

I have 5 years of IT experience and education credentials/evaluation done by my current country

Please advise
Thank

Successful H1b Stamping from Toronto (first time: F1 to H1)

Hi..

F1 --> OPT --> H1b Approval Notice (I-797) --> H1b Stamp in Toronto.

The experience was good. As long as you have the documents they list you are good to go. Don't take any cell fones or electronic stuff with you, not even a calculator. They won't let you in with it and there's no place outside to keep it at.

Interview was on friday morning, got pasport back with the stamp on monday afternoon.

Cheers,
-R

krishna789 said:
I appreciate the Info.

I have lived in USA for 7 years and i have all the W'2s and pays stubs etc.

I have done MS in India.Do i have to provide them education evalution also for my Degrees?

Which consulate in Canada do you suggest me to go?I live in NJ.

Let me know.

Krishna

Hi Krishna,
I am also planning to go canada for revalidation. if you want we can take an appointment and go togethere ?

let me know

ravishankar20 said:
Hi..

F1 --> OPT --> H1b Approval Notice (I-797) --> H1b Stamp in Toronto.

The experience was good. As long as you have the documents they list you are good to go. Don't take any cell fones or electronic stuff with you, not even a calculator. They won't let you in with it and there's no place outside to keep it at.

Interview was on friday morning, got pasport back with the stamp on monday afternoon.

Cheers,
-R

What are the documents required to get visitor visa of canada ?
what reason you had given to canadian consulate for trip to canada ?
Pls let me know.
Because i am also planning to go for revalidation in canada.
and need to get canadian visitor visa

Please help - Stamping in Canada

Hi All,

Please help me.

Here are my details:

Visa Stamping Expiry: April 2005
I-94 Valid Until: April 2005
I-797 Extn Valid Until: April 2006

NOTE: My latest I-94 is the one in my passport that expires on April 2005 and NOT the one in

I-797 (because I went to India after I got this I-797, but while getting back at POE I forgot to

show my I-797 approval to get the date of April 2006 in my I-94).

Now I want to get H1B Stamping in Canada.

1. I hear that they won't give a new I-94 when I come back after getting stamping in Canada. Is

that true? (because if it's true then getting a stamp in Canada is of no use to me).

2. Would I be able to get stamping only within certain number days of current Visa Stamping expiry?

I'm very anxious. Please help.

H1B revalidation in Canada

Hi,

Its been 2 1/2 yrs I came to US. Four month back I have transfered my H1 from Company A to Company B and I got my new I94 till 2007. My first Visa Stamped on my Passport was from Chennai and got expired on dec 1st 2003 (i.e. got expired 1 Yr back).

My questions is can I go and get my Visa stamped from Canada even after my visa stamped on passport got expired more than 1 yr?

I appreciate any response.

Thanks
Sanju2005

H1B 7th year Stamping in Canada

I am planing to go to canada for visa stamping on 7th year H1B extension(Labor is pending more then a year).Do i need to carry any extra documents for stamping.Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks in adavance.

Please help

Bumping up ...

1. I hear that they won't give a new I-94 when I come back after getting stamping in Canada. Is that true? (I know this may not be true, but just wanted to be sure).

2. Would I be able to get stamping only before/after certain number days of expiration of my current Visa Stamping ?

See inline.

whatawaiting said:
Bumping up ...
1. I hear that they won't give a new I-94 when I come back after getting stamping in Canada. Is that true? (I know this may not be true, but just wanted to be sure).

False.

2. Would I be able to get stamping only before/after certain number days of expiration of my current Visa Stamping ?

Yes. See amcits.com

vijay117 said:
I am planing to go to canada for visa stamping on 7th year H1B extension(Labor is pending more then a year).Do i need to carry any extra documents for stamping.Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks in adavance.

You must have all the documents mentioned on amcits.com

DS-156 form(Has Anyone Ever Filed an Immigrant Visa Petition on Your Behalf?)

I am planing to go to canada for visa stamping on 7th year H1B extension(My labor is pending more than 365 days).What i have to fill in this column(Has Anyone Ever Filed an Immigrant Visa Petition on Your Behalf?) in DS-156 form.Do i need to put Yes or No?Please share your comments.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
vijay117 said:
I am planing to go to canada for visa stamping on 7th year H1B extension(My labor is pending more than 365 days).What i have to fill in this column(Has Anyone Ever Filed an Immigrant Visa Petition on Your Behalf?) in DS-156 form.Do i need to put Yes or No?Please share your comments.

Thanks in advance

Answer is No. If you are in i140 or higher stage only then say yes.

Hi Chicago Desi,
Thanks for your response.I am going to canada for 7 th H1B year stamping,so they are going to know this thing.Even though if i put 'NO',is it ok or any problems?

vijay117 said:
Hi Chicago Desi,
Thanks for your response.I am going to canada for 7 th H1B year stamping,so they are going to know this thing.Even though if i put 'NO',is it ok or any problems?

In my best knowledge you should write no. I did the same when I went to Toronto to get my visa and I was in the same situation. If you have any doubts then consult a lawyer.