H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

visa appoinments in Janauary(nvars- Montreal,Toronto,Ottwa)

I didn't find any appoinment for visa stamping in Montreal,Toronto and Ottwa in Jan 2005 through nvars.com,so i booked my appoinment on 3rd Feb. Is there anyway that i can get my appoinment in Jan 2005.Please share your comments.

Thanks in Advance.

vijay117 said:
I am planing to go to canada for visa stamping on 7th year H1B extension(Labor is pending more then a year).Do i need to carry any extra documents for stamping.Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks in adavance.

What should be preffered way for this situation if travelling in car

Using our own car or rental car

This may be silly question but someone told me to rent a car to visit canada for stamping?

Please suggest if someone knows the answer...

Chicago Desi said:
Answer is No. If you are in i140 or higher stage only then say yes.

In my case, my previous employer had filed for I140 but I resigned and joined my current employer before it was approved. So what should I put in that column. Yes or No ?

Thanks.

successfull visa stamping in Toronto--Pakistani background

I successfully got my visa stamped from Toronto on 4th January. I was afraid that they will ask for more time for backgrond check being from Paksitan but they aksed me to pick up the visa next day!!!!! I feel lucky!
Interview took just 4 minutes and the officer was more interested in knowing how the weather is in Pittsburgh as he happend to have visited pittsburgh a while ago. Only two docs he asked for were I797 and employment letter, nothing else!
I am glad that I am back in US and did not have ot go to pakstan as it could have taken much longer in pakistan...proabbay 2 months if you are lucky...

and yes ...I was refused visa from State dept. in DC when I applied for it in June last year...that 221g thingie! so if you have been refused that way...dont worry at all!

H1B or AP

I got canada Immigration visa. Planning to go canada for 2 days. I have H1b approval. I do not have stamp on passport. DC refused last year with 221g.

Is there any issue to come back on AP ?

Thanks,

H1 and H$ Stamps In Canada

:confused:

Can you get H4 Stamped also in Canada. Please respond.

I am in USA since last 4 years, I came here on visitor visa & converted it to H1-B. Did not get it stamped, never went out of US, Green card has been applied, Labor cert is pending, does stamping matters or necessary, or this is only required to go out of the country. Please shed some light.

Also I appreciate if somebody can put all the details to take the appointment in canada and the docs required.

Last edited by a moderator:
arm5262 said:
I successfully got my visa stamped from Toronto on 4th January. I was afraid that they will ask for more time for backgrond check being from Paksitan but they aksed me to pick up the visa next day!!!!! I feel lucky!
Interview took just 4 minutes and the officer was more interested in knowing how the weather is in Pittsburgh as he happend to have visited pittsburgh a while ago. Only two docs he asked for were I797 and employment letter, nothing else!
I am glad that I am back in US and did not have ot go to pakstan as it could have taken much longer in pakistan...proabbay 2 months if you are lucky...

Many congrats dude!!!

Immiadvice Urgent Advice needed Please help

Hi,

I took appointment for myself(H1B) and added dependent details for my wife(H4) for appoinment in ottawa,canada. They charged me 15 dollars for that. And I have selected a date on Feb 4th (it was showing a number 1 as available).
a) My question is this appointment enough for me and my wife. Or do i need to get a different appointment date for my wife?
b) Will they send me a confirmation letter to my house in new york?

Please help me. THanks in advance.

first time H1 stamping procedure

Hi

I came on a visitor visa, then got the F1, then OPT, now H1. There is no H1 stamp on my Passport. I would be landing in canada hopefully in a few months.

Can anyone please tell me the procedure for H1 stamping in Canda. How do we take this interview, is there any website, just like TTS in India is there.

This would be the first H1 stamping. I was out of status once during F1, but got reinstated by the INS.

Thanks

Hi Gurus,
Please take a moment to reply to my questions. My 8th year extension expires in May 2005, I am applying for a 9th year extension (Prem. Processing) so that I can get a multiple entry visa based on the 9th year extension. My visa in the passport has expired in Dec 2003. I have a family emergency and need to visit home very soon. Because of the delay in Chennai, I would first like to try in Canada (worst case would be to fly to India from Canada). Planning to get H1 visa for self and H4 for spouse.

1) I am in the west coast and would like to apply either in Vancouver or Calgary. Which consulate would you suggest ? How long a buffer (in terms of days) should I give myself if I am flying to these cities (keeping in mind the processing time) ?

2) Would you suggest that I rent a car or fly to Canada (because of visa expiry and the possibility of heading home, what mode of transportation would be advantageous ? I have an infant and a toddler that will accompany us.) ?

3) I have all the documents (F1, 8 H1s, certificates, paystubs, W2, IRS certified documents, FBI checks, etc,.) for the past 12 years... Can you think of anything else ?

4) Should I apply for 2 appointments (H1, H4) or would one be sufficient ?

5) Are the consulates still requesting company photographs from individuals ?

6) Lastly, can I apply for the multiple entry stamp on the 9th year extension even though it's validity starts from May 2005 ?

Thanks in advance for your response.... Really appreciate it.

Cadesi

H1 Stamping

I have my H1 till Jan 2007 but i have stamped visa till Apr 2005 and if want to get my passport stamped should i need to go to india(Home Country) or shall i get it stamped in Canada/Mexico.Please let me know

Thanks in Advance

FBI checks

3) I have all the documents (F1, 8 H1s, certificates, paystubs, W2, IRS certified documents, FBI checks, etc,.) for the past 12 years... Can you think of anything else ?

Hi "CADesi" what is FBI Checks Please let me know as I am planning to go Mexico for my H1B TO H1B renewal in March it would be great help if I can know some thing about it.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
arm5262 said:
and yes ...I was refused visa from State dept. in DC when I applied for it in June last year...that 221g thingie! so if you have been refused that way...dont worry at all!

Hi ARM5262 Congratulation for such a great relief.

In DS156 for question 31
31. Have You Ever Been Refused a U.S. Visa?

Where:

What is your answer for it because I got 221g refusal from Washing DC in June.Planning to go Mexico.

Thank you for your help please do respond.

teksagar said:
I have my H1 till Jan 2007 but i have stamped visa till Apr 2005 and if want to get my passport stamped should i need to go to india(Home Country) or shall i get it stamped in Canada/Mexico.Please let me know

Thanks in Advance

You can get H1B revalidation done in Canada/Mexico as well

Waliansari,

Are you still waiting in Canada? What happened to your case?

Please gice us more information for the benefit of people planning to go to Ottawa. Pakistan is not in the SR list of countries, as fa as I know. For that reason, why do you think they're doing a security clearance check?

Romaldo

waliansari said:
hi friends.

i am also waiting in ottawa since april 5 2004 and each time they are saying security clearnce is in progres.s. do u have any idea how long it would take coz its almost 3 months mow..

i am a canadian imigrant so i appied from ottawa and i am basically from pakistan . pls let me know if u know anything. waliansari@hotmail.com