H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

You need H1 stamping only if you want to travel outside the US. As long as you stay in the US, you just have to make sure that you have your H1 papers current.

If you don't plan to travel, you don't have to go to Canada/Mexico.

need_h1 said:
I came to USA on H1B in 2002 April from India. My H1B visa in passport expired in October 2003. I got H1B approvals. There is no gap. It is already 2 years my Visa expired in passport. I want to go Canada or Mexico for revalidation. Can I go to Canada/Mexico for H1B revalidation after 2 years of Previous H1B expiry? Is there any condition like we must go for stamping in Canada/Mexico within one year after H1B expired? I need your valuable suggestion immediately. Waiting for your responses.
Thanks

Hi ELA6-
Thank you. I want to travel outside of USA. Can I go for stamping to Mexico/Canada after 2 years of expiry? I am mainly concern about whether we can go for stamping to Canada/Mexico or we must go for Home country for stamping? Please reply me again.
Thanks

B1 to H1, going for first stamping.

Hi guys need to hear some experiences with similar background.

I came here 2 yrs ago on b1 visa and then got an H1B through a company. Want to go to india and thinking of getting the stamping done in Toronto. I have done all my education in India.

Does anyone have similar experience with schooling in India, 7yrs India work exp, B1 to H1 transferred. Please share and advice on the chances for successful stamping in Canada.

Also my wife came on B1, then transferred to H4 and got an H1 recently in Oct, 05. She has just started working and thinking of going for stamping for h1 together, she may have only 1 paystub. What are her chances and does anybody have similar exp.

Your advice and experiences will be appreciated. I know the general rule says need to go to India for stamping, but I heard that some people with similar background did get it done. Thanks for all your help.

Vedant

stamping experience

maliklongwait said:
Congratulations. Please share with us the stamping experience as well?

hi
we went for our visa stamping this morning.
went inside the consulate at 8:15 am.
didnt have to wait in the line because we had the permission letter.
the lady called us on window one.
took our passports and the permission letter.
then after 45 minutes we were called on the other window.
my husband greeted the visa officer.
she said everything looks great.
u can come n pick ur passports today at 3:00-4:00 pm.
we were surprised coz we thought they wil give the passports tomorrow.
welll....good for us.
we r leaving for Houston tomorrow evening.
it was a really tough 1 month for us.
but in the last things got so easier....Thanks to God.
good luck everyone
bye

Do they allow kids at Toronoto Consulate ?

I Had appointment next week at Toronoto . Had 8th year approved 797. I had two questions

1. Have two kids 6 year ( H4 , needs visa stamping ) and 1 year ( Born in USA ) . Can we go with both kids to consular office.

2. I do not have US degree , but last 7 years clean h1 status and greeencard applied more than 2 years ago. If I do not have US degree , any problem at Toroto

Thanks
NNR

qanne_22 said:
hi
we went for our visa stamping this morning.
went inside the consulate at 8:15 am.
didnt have to wait in the line because we had the permission letter.
the lady called us on window one.
took our passports and the permission letter.
then after 45 minutes we were called on the other window.
my husband greeted the visa officer.
she said everything looks great.
u can come n pick ur passports today at 3:00-4:00 pm.
we were surprised coz we thought they wil give the passports tomorrow.
welll....good for us.
we r leaving for Houston tomorrow evening.
it was a really tough 1 month for us.
but in the last things got so easier....Thanks to God.
good luck everyone
bye

Thanks.

Driving in Own Car to Ottawa Canada for H1-B revalidation

Myself and my wife have an appointment at Ottawa, Canada on October 25th for our H1-B/H4 revalidation. I have not changed Jobs during my H1-B stay since 5 years and my legal status is very clean (no illegal periods). My current H1-B VISA on my passport has expired in October 01, 2005. We are planning to drive over the border into Canada. My questions are

a) Will they (US/Canada) allow me to drive in my own car through Canada as I do not have a valid VISA yet on my passport to return back to US?
b) What happens to my car, if for some reason my VISA gets rejected and I cannot come back into US?

Please let me know any comments you have. If anyone has gone through this experience please let me know of any information.

Nmolleti

has anyone booked an appointment (for H1B stamping) for Dec 27, 28 or 29, 2005? if yes, did u book it online or via phone?

in nvars.com, all the slots on 27 and 28 are currently marked with a hyphen (and not zero). will they open those slots in the future - say, this weekend or next week? has this happened earlier - opening up slots on someother day?

Also, i see that fridays are all marked with a hyphen. is friday a non-H1B day? Are 27, 28 Dec too non-H1B days?

thanks!

The web-site for making appts has changed (I don't have the web-site info). So, you need to find the new web-site and phone#.
sntrao said:
has anyone booked an appointment (for H1B stamping) for Dec 27, 28 or 29, 2005? if yes, did u book it online or via phone?

in nvars.com, all the slots on 27 and 28 are currently marked with a hyphen (and not zero). will they open those slots in the future - say, this weekend or next week? has this happened earlier - opening up slots on someother day?

Also, i see that fridays are all marked with a hyphen. is friday a non-H1B day? Are 27, 28 Dec too non-H1B days?

thanks!

ela6 said:
The web-site for making appts has changed (I don't have the web-site info). So, you need to find the new web-site and phone#.

When did website change? just today or yesterday? or a long time back?

will the same phone numbers work?

does anybody have the new website link??

Will there be any probs if i have a non american visa application on hold

Hi All.

I am planning to revalidate my visa in Ottawa on Nov 14th'05 as my VISA is expiring on Dec'05th '05.

I changed my Job and its with new employer.H1B approval is till 2007.

My question is , wayback in 2003 one of my employer filed for workpermit for schengen countries(European countries). And later they cancelled the application as they lost that project. While giving back my passport the New Delhi Schengen consulates stampled on the backpage " Schengen visa application received on ........".

Though its not am american visa will it cause amy probs to me for my revalidation at ottawa?

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

Got a appointment on Dec 19th at Vacouver consulate

Hi Guys,

Today i was able to get a appointment at Vancouver consulate for Dec 19th 2005 for my H1 B revalidation.

Couple of questions.
- Any one going to Vancouver during the same date, we can exchange notes, BTW I am in bay area california.
- My H1B is valid until Jan 30th 2006 if my visa is rejected for some reason, can i re-enter US with my previous valid H1 visa?
- Any pointers on where to stay and what to avoid?

This forum has been great i got lot answers for my questions

Thanks

Expeirience in Toronto Consulate

Folks,
This forum is a good source of information. It was very useful to me for preparing for the Visa Stamping in Canada.

Our appointment was on 13th October at noon. We reached there exactly at noon. No matter what time is your appoitnment it will take 2.5 hours to get through your interview. There is a photo machine in the consulate and you can get the pictures there but make sure you have $5 canadian change for each person's pictures. There is no way to get change once in there except from other folks sitting there.

If you are there for revalidation its a very straight forward procedure. The immigration officer was very polite and she just asked me one question. How long have you been on H-1 B status (I answered 5 years). And she said our visas were approved.

The guards in the consulate are more arrogant compared to the immigration officers.

If you are a Muslim with a very common name you may have to go through little extra scrutiny but with proper documentation you will get the visa's. Normally they would give you visa's the next day at 3 pm. But on 14th when we went to pickup the passports they told us that the Finger Print validation server was down and they could not process any visas. So we had to stay back for a weekend and pick up the passport on Monday (oct 17th). So give yourself extra time when you plan your trip.

H1B visa revalidation 7th year extension - Need advice

I am on H1B status and my 8th year extension has been filed based on the pending LC in the Dallas BEC. My 7th year extension period expires on 27-Feb-2006. I am planning to travel to India in the last week of Dec and since I do not currently have a visa stamp in my passport, I have taken a visa appointment in Toronto, Canada and will be appearing for the interview using my current H1B petition that expires on 27-FEB-2006. But my problem is that I have two children who are US Citizens and my wife is H4 status and I am not planning on taking my wife for the visa interview since I am planning to leave my wife and kids in India for about an year.
Since i have two children who are US Citizens and I also have a brother and sister who are GC holders, will I be perceived as a potential immigrant and denied my H1B visa? Is it too risky for me to step outside of the United States at this time given my overall status?
Anyone in the forum here who have gotten their H1B visa revalidated at Toronto, CA while being in their 7th year or 8th year of extension? If yes, can you please post your experience? Thanks!

GCOnly,
You are a potential immigrant since your company has already filed for your GC. So you dont have to worry about that fact. As a matter of fact on the DS-157 question about Immigration Filling say yes and write name of your company. Also carry a copy of you LC application just in case if they ask.

About your wife and sons not being with you at the Consulate it should not be a problem at all. I am in a similar situation as yours except that I went with my wife. I was just asked one question i.e how long have you been on H-1 b. I answered 5.5 years and she granted me the Visa's.

In your case you can just say you have to travel for business outside country so you need stamping or you can tell the exact fact. Either way I dont think you should have any problems in getting your Visa's stamped.

Let us know..
GCOnly said:
I am on H1B status and my 8th year extension has been filed based on the pending LC in the Dallas BEC. My 7th year extension period expires on 27-Feb-2006. I am planning to travel to India in the last week of Dec and since I do not currently have a visa stamp in my passport, I have taken a visa appointment in Toronto, Canada and will be appearing for the interview using my current H1B petition that expires on 27-FEB-2006. But my problem is that I have two children who are US Citizens and my wife is H4 status and I am not planning on taking my wife for the visa interview since I am planning to leave my wife and kids in India for about an year.
Since i have two children who are US Citizens and I also have a brother and sister who are GC holders, will I be perceived as a potential immigrant and denied my H1B visa? Is it too risky for me to step outside of the United States at this time given my overall status?
Anyone in the forum here who have gotten their H1B visa revalidated at Toronto, CA while being in their 7th year or 8th year of extension? If yes, can you please post your experience? Thanks!

going for H1b stamping to toronto

Hello all,
i am on H1B from october 1st 2005 and i am going for stamping on the november 1st, is going so early a problem? and i have been working with this company for the last 7 months only, out of this 7 months i worked in F1-OPT for 6 months.
i have the w2 from my school as i havent filed one yet after this job, is it oke?
Bank statements doesnt have sufficient funds will this be a problem?
Kindly help me by answering these questions.
Thanks in advance
pxa

shivmayi said:
GCOnly,
You are a potential immigrant since your company has already filed for your GC. So you dont have to worry about that fact. As a matter of fact on the DS-157 question about Immigration Filling say yes and write name of your company. Also carry a copy of you LC application just in case if they ask.

About your wife and sons not being with you at the Consulate it should not be a problem at all. I am in a similar situation as yours except that I went with my wife. I was just asked one question i.e how long have you been on H-1 b. I answered 5.5 years and she granted me the Visa's.

In your case you can just say you have to travel for business outside country so you need stamping or you can tell the exact fact. Either way I dont think you should have any problems in getting your Visa's stamped.

Let us know..
Thank you very much Shivmayi.
I thought that just filing for LC in the process of getting a GC does not mean that Immigration petition has been filed on your behalf. So, I have right now filled out the DS156 form saying that "No Immigration Petition has been filed on my behalf". Because, I thought that only when you have filed for I-485 then you can fill out the DS156 form saying that immigration petition has been filed. Please let me know if I am incorrect! Thanks again!

h1b1 Visa renewal interview with Attorney certified I-797/I-94.

Unfortunately I lost my original I-797 with I-94. Ottawa consulate (good folks) have allowed me to appear for interview with attorney certified I-797 copy. Is there anyone who have given interview with noterized or attorney certified I-797/I-94 ??

Malaysian Transit Visa

Hi guys,
I am going to Vancouver next week for H1B Visa stamping, i have Malaysian transit Visa in my passport. Is Transit Visa something i should disclose on DS 157 in countries entered? Also will this cause a security check. Pls Advise