H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

Visa appointment??

Am I doing anything wrong? I went online to get a date..i am getting '0' or '-' on all dates and all consulates in Canada

Please help?

Thanks

revalidation

I am planning to get my h1b stamped in canada, but since it takes few days to get you passport i want to take my family also with me, well my wife also need h4 extension , but my problem is i have a 3 year old son who is a US citizen, i have to take him along because i cant leave him in US for 3 to 4 days, so will the consulate allow me to bring him inside. I dont want to get there and get stuck.

Help guru's

SK

Re:revalidation

Sayeed

Try going to Ottawa Consulate. Here u get the passport the next day of ur stamping. I have recently been there and the process was very smooth.
There were poeple who had brought their kids.
In case u want to be very sure, call the Embassy (nos. given in ur appt letter) and confirm.
Also, Ottawa does not have thrid party collection of visa fees like in Toronto wherein u need to go a day prior to pay ur fees at Bank of Scotia which does not have tht great work times.
Good Luc!

The time lag to get appointment is long even for Canada. I took an appt for July '05 in May -5. Scroll through the months and u'll see available dates.
A friend of mine took appt just last week for Oct.
So, ur procedire appears to be correct !

ferguson said:
Am I doing anything wrong? I went online to get a date..i am getting '0' or '-' on all dates and all consulates in Canada

Please help?

Thanks

My degrees are solely from India. However, my company was consistent. I have not changed companies and/or visa status in my stay here.

rvp123 said:
Thanks for sharing the info Prithikv.
Is your degree/masters from US or India?
Pls clarify.
Regards.

ferguson said:

Please help?

Thanks

Hi

I'm facing the same problem , I just can't get to any date on that page
Anyone recently tried doinf any appointments ?

Thanks
GCcomesoon

Last saturday, I scheduled an interview for H1B stamping in the first week of October at Ottawa. Waiting for the confirmation call from the consulate. :rolleyes:

If your son is US citizen , he doesnt need canadian visa. Just carry his paper work(passport/birth certificate). Jus remember one thing , you never know how long will it take to get your passport stamped, so plan accordingly..
good luck

sayeedk said:
I am planning to get my h1b stamped in canada, but since it takes few days to get you passport i want to take my family also with me, well my wife also need h4 extension , but my problem is i have a 3 year old son who is a US citizen, i have to take him along because i cant leave him in US for 3 to 4 days, so will the consulate allow me to bring him inside. I dont want to get there and get stuck.

Help guru's

SK

vancouver stamping duration?

Hi,

I am going to Vacouver on August 25 th for H1 B Visa stamping.

Can anyone please tell me how long it takes to get the passport stamped, so that I can plan my stay accordingly.

Also any information on hotels near the consulate in vancouver will be great.

Any experiences on stamping in vancouver will be great.

thank you guys

Urgent: Need H1B Visa stamp, going to India in a month.

Hi,

Sorry if this was already discussed in this board, its kind of urgent...

I have to be in India within a month(mother taken very ill) and I have to comeback to US after a month stay in India. My current visa has expired and iam waiting for my 7th year H1B extention to come through in next 15 days, iam finishing 6yrs on sep-06-2005 on H1B with LC going on.

There is atleast 5 months wait time in Chennai(Madras) consulate to get a Visa appointment, I can't wait in US or stay back in India that long.

I don't have a US degree, my highest degree is B.Tech from India, I came to US on H1B work permit, I have 2 previous VISA stamps from Chennai consulate and 1 stamp from US.

~ Can you guys tellme what my options are?

~ I guess I have to get my VISA stamped in US consulates in Mexico, Canada right?, which consulate is better?.

~ What are my chances of getting an emergency appointment in Chennai consulate?

~ Is I797# required to make a appointment?.

~ Can I make an advanced appointment using my current I797 and attend the interview with my new I797?.

~ There is 32 day waittime in Ottawa, 65 days in Toronto, 70 days in Vancouver & 18 days in Tijuana, Tijuana seems to be a better option, are there any risks specific to Tijuana?.

~ There is less than a week wait time at Katmandu and Dubai consulates, what are the risks in trying there or from consulates in someother transit countries?.

~ If I decide to go to Canada or Mexico for VISA stamping, which is better flying or driving?

~ Should I have to take a copy of my LC application to VISA interview?.

Pls forgive my ignorance, I really appreciate your answers.

Thanks,
Navneet.

Help needed

waytng said:
Yesterday I got appt at Toronto consulate for 4th week of Oct for H1 stamp.

I understand from your post that you booked your appointment yesterday,I have been trying to do that thru the nvars website & have problems after I select any date , it just displays the calender with week .I just can't proceed further.

Please let me how one can get the appointment.Please email me at gccomesson@yahoo.com , I can call you .

Thanks a lot in advance

Thanks
GCcomesoon

Help needed

waytng said:
Yesterday I got appt at Toronto consulate for 4th week of Oct for H1 stamp.

I understand from your post that you booked your appointment yesterday,I have been trying to do that thru the nvars website & have problems after I select any date , it just displays the calender with week .I just can't proceed further.

Please let me how one can get the appointment.Please email me at gccomesoon@yahoo.com , I can call you .

Thanks a lot in advance

Thanks
GCcomesoon

The US consulates in Montreal & Halifax

Hi

I have been trying to get appointments in these US consulates & was unable to get any thru online.So I had called the 1-888 number ( $1.50/min ) where I got to know from the lady that Montreal has stopped the H1B validation work for past few months & might open in next few months.Also the Halifax one has not opened any appointments for Sep yet. She told I should be keep on checking online& they might open some thing in next 1 week.

Just wanted to update everyone

Thanks
Gccomesoon

Visa- Revalidation From Canada For Pakistani National

I AM FROM PAKISTAN I HAVE STAMPED H1B1 VISA TWICE ONCE FROM PAKISTAN AND SECOUND TIME FROM U S A . I WANT TO GET MY H1B1 VISA STAMP THIRD TIME FROM CANADA

COULD ANY BODY TELL ME THEIR RECENT EXPERIENCE FOR VISA STAMPING FROM CANADA

HOW LONG THEY TAKE FOR BACKGROUND CHECK FOR PAKISTANI NATIONAL

THKS

tanveer45@hotmail.com
718-974-2813

can I get the visa in one day?

Hi,
I'm new in this forum. A quick question for the visa stamp in Canada.
Is there anyone has experiece to answer my question: how long can I get my visa in Ottawa, the same day or next day.
Last October I went to Ottawa also, I got my visa stamp the same day after interview but dont' know if there is anything changed this year.
Thanks for your sharing and any input.
And I'm glad to answer all your questions if guys have, but might be too out of date. :D

they will send you by mail

Studious said:
Last saturday, I scheduled an interview for H1B stamping in the first week of October at Ottawa. Waiting for the confirmation call from the consulate. :rolleyes:
I scheduled my for first week of oct in ottawa also and got mail confirmation yesterday.
do you know if we can get the stamp the same day?
thanks!

161 said:
I scheduled my for first week of oct in ottawa also and got mail confirmation yesterday.
do you know if we can get the stamp the same day?
thanks!
I did not get mail confirmation till now. Did they call you?

161 said:
Hi,
I'm new in this forum. A quick question for the visa stamp in Canada.
Is there anyone has experiece to answer my question: how long can I get my visa in Ottawa, the same day or next day.

Passport is returned only on the next day.

Last October I went to Ottawa also, I got my visa stamp the same day after interview but dont' know if there is anything changed this year.

Rules have changed recently in June, 2005.

Thanks for your sharing and any input.
And I'm glad to answer all your questions if guys have, but might be too out of date. :D