• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Green Card Redesigned

Thanks for heads-up! Removing the signature is a very smart thing to do, so that unauthorised users can't forge the signature. Removing the optical strip breaks my heart though because it's wickedly beautiful and mysterious; your picture and other information are embedded into that strip and you need to hold it at a certain angle to see them appear. The current card has micro pictures of the heads of all US presidents, mine ends with Obama's head, and the new ones will have Trump's head added if they keep this feature :D

GreenCardUpdate_960X345_EN.jpg

Thanks for heads-up! Removing the signature is a very smart thing to do, so that unauthorised users can't forge the signature. Removing the optical strip breaks my heart though because it's wickedly beautiful and mysterious; your picture and other information are embedded into that strip and you need to hold it at a certain angle to see them appear. The current card has micro pictures of the heads of all US presidents, mine ends with Obama's head, and the new ones will have Trump's head added if they keep this feature :D

No problem and it seems like good changes are been made to the cards :)

Last edited:
They probably improved security, but the current one looks better to my personally. The new one looks kinda busy with colours and judging from the picture I believe the micro images of state flags and presidents are gone as well as the optical stripe on the back. The picture on the back seems to be printed normally in the new card instead of being a hologram. I could be wrong and maybe the picture is not showing details properly, but anyway I like the looks of the current one better. Here is the current one for comparison :D

greencard-newdesign-comparison.jpg

Yikes, they're as bad as the passports in their excessive use of the flag. Quite tacky, if you ask me. I'm not optimistic about the passport redesign after seeing this...

My understanding is those with current cards remain until their validity expires..

They probably improved security, but the current one looks better to my personally. The new one looks kinda busy with colours and judging from the picture I believe the micro images of state flags and presidents are gone as well as the optical stripe on the back. The picture on the back seems to be printed normally in the new card instead of being a hologram. I could be wrong and maybe the picture is not showing details properly, but anyway I like the looks of the current one better. Here is the current one for comparison :D

greencard-newdesign-comparison.jpg
The previous one looks better no doubt. At least your card will remain active until it expires :p

Yeah, I'm happy my green card is green (there was a stage they weren't) but at the end of the day the magic is in the words "permanent resident", not the pictures or colors! And I look forward to the day I can keep it as a souvenir while I use my new US passport :)

Yeah, I'm happy my green card is green (there was a stage they weren't) but at the end of the day the magic is in the words "permanent resident", not the pictures or colors! And I look forward to the day I can keep it as a souvenir while I use my new US passport :)

I believe you will be handing it over at the citizenship oath ceremony - you don't get to keep it as a souvenir.

I don't care if they put rainbows and unicorns on it, I would just like one! :D :D

Q

Very disappointed to hear this. You should take a stand and reject the residency if that's how the card looks. I know this sounds extreme but standing for principles requires sacrifice :p