• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Green Card Redesigned

I agree, the re-design is pretty ugly... Green doesn't pair well with the flag colours of red, white, blue. It just looks busy and messy now, boo

I believe you will be handing it over at the citizenship oath ceremony - you don't get to keep it as a souvenir.

Indeed. I read somewhere that they don't want it sold or stolen to be used by someone other than the original owner. Could be people speculating but that's what I found :)

I went to a friend's citizenship ceremony a few months ago. You have to give your green card back, so in actual fact there's a gap between giving your green card back and applying for a passport. You only have a citizenship certificate in the interim.

I went to a friend's citizenship ceremony a few months ago. You have to give your green card back, so in actual fact there's a gap between giving your green card back and applying for a passport. You only have a citizenship certificate in the interim.

At one point you will have neither, because when you apply for a passport you send the citizenship certificate with the application, then you receive it back in a separate envelope that comes a few days after you get the passport :)

The gap will only be for a short period though. If a person desires, they can apply for the passport as soon as they complete the oath ceremony and receive the citizenship certificate. The average processing time for the passport is about 2 weeks.

I believe you will be handing it over at the citizenship oath ceremony - you don't get to keep it as a souvenir.

:( aw.

And yup I am aware that you can get a passport pretty quickly, which is what I plan to do!
Those with minor children who automatically become citizens when you do should be aware of what to show to get them passports, too.

:( aw.

And yup I am aware that you can get a passport pretty quickly, which is what I plan to do!
Those with minor children who automatically become citizens when you do should be aware of what to show to get them passports, too.

For $65 "expedite fee" you get the passport in a few days