green card in 3months in dallas

Did you submit documents through DORA?

We asked about changing address during our interview. Officer told us that if we submitted case through DORA and then moved, but still remain Dallas residency, the best way for us is to write letter to DORA office, notifying about changing address, bring this letter to 3010 North Stemmonth Freeway and give it to security officer in the lobby. In this case you can be sure they will change information in their database ASAP and you will not depend of USPS service.

We did it and it worked!
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
subhadras said:
Thanks slyusw.

that answered my question!

So did you get the 70th day letter yet?
No, I didn't, but, I guess - for another reason.
We actually didn't move. We had another problem. We figured out there was a mistake in our current address in the confirmation letter with our tracking numbers for DORA program, that officer gave us after the interview. We immediately wrote letter asking to correct the address, brought this letter the next day to their office and gave to the security guard. And then in a couple of days we got a receipt notice with the correct address. So, it worked! They made changes in their database immediately.

When we asked him what should we do if we decide to move, he said that DORA program keeps data in a different database from others and that's why we shouldn't fill out and send the official form for changing address. I don't know if it makes any sense, but, it looks like it does.

Hello slyusw,

So the officer actually asked you not to fill out the official form???

I had called national service centre to find out about the move and the repurcursions of it. The person who answered me didnt give a convincing answer about the change in address not leading to delay, but said ' it should not delay the process'. Any way he said I will have to call them once the move is made and then they will instruct me to fill out some form( i dont remember the number he told me now).

The whole process is already such a long one and so many waiting periods, that one is very pensive about anything that could cause more delays.

Thanks for your info.

subhadras said:
So the officer actually asked you not to fill out the official form???
Well, I will tell you what exactly happen. I asked the officer a question
"We are planning to move within Dallas area. If we do, how can we change address in your database? Should we fill up an official form about changing of address that we can find on www.uscis.gov ?"

He answered: "No. We keep data about DORA participants in different database, so the best way for you is just to write letter and bring it here and give it to our security guard with explaining the situation".

For that moment I was satisfied and didn't ask any other questions. When came home I started thinking: why should I bring this letter personally, when I can just send it by regular mail to 3010 North Stemmonth Freeway?. But it was too late to ask more questions…
So, when then I found a mistake in my current address, I did what officer suggested.

Probably, officer just Knew that an official form will go to PO Box 7134
London, KY 40742

(http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/ar-11.htm)

and it can take a long time until Dallas Office will get this update. I don't know…
I think, to be sure, the best way to do both: bring the letter to 3010 North Stemmonth Freeway and then fill up an official form.

Good luck!

Any updates?

I am renewing this thread as no one has posted anything in the last few days. Please update anything you find. So far, I have seen only a select few getting GC through DORA and only 1 (or maybe 2) getting it within the promised 90 days period.

I filed my application on Nov 19th. FP was done on Nov 29th and on Dec 7th, status was updated that the process has resumed. No update since then. I did, however, received the 70th day notice to come and apply for EAD (which I did get).

Please let us know if anyone is in a different boat.

Thanks

Eric

EricNeesGC said:

We are even in worse situation. My husband and I filed our application through DORA on October 1.
None of us received 70-days letter. As far as only I was needed EAD ( my husband has H-1 visa),
I went to the Dallas District office trying to get either this 70-days letter or EAD itself. I was told that I should apply through regular mail and wait for 3 month. Nobody wanted to understand, that I was already waste more than 3 month and this is not my fault that I didn't get 70-days letter. Finally I gave up and applied through regular mail.
Recently we visited Dallas office again. My name check is cleared, but my husband's name check is still pending (since October, 1). Officer said, that as far as he was a DV 2005 Lottery winner, if his case isn't approved, mine will not be approved, too. :mad:

So, we are still waiting. We sent letter to FBI asking about his name check status, but no responses so far.

slyusw said:
We are even in worse situation. My husband and I filed our application through DORA on October 1.
None of us received 70-days letter. As far as only I was needed EAD ( my husband has H-1 visa),
I went to the Dallas District office trying to get either this 70-days letter or EAD itself. I was told that I should apply through regular mail and wait for 3 month. Nobody wanted to understand, that I was already waste more than 3 month and this is not my fault that I didn't get 70-days letter. Finally I gave up and applied through regular mail.
Recently we visited Dallas office again. My name check is cleared, but my husband's name check is still pending (since October, 1). Officer said, that as far as he was a DV 2005 Lottery winner, if his case isn't approved, mine will not be approved, too. :mad:
QUOTE]

One wonders whether it is your DV status that is causing the delay. Since neither you nor your husband is a citizen, perhaps the USCIS/FBI background check, as well as the whole application process, takes longer. It's also possible that you husband's name and year of birth match some suspect on the CIA/FBI list whose files are not available electronically. If that is the case (which occurs only to 1% of applicants), clearing status may take quite a while. See, http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress04/garrity021304.htm

EricNeesGC said:
I am renewing this thread as no one has posted anything in the last few days. Please update anything you find. So far, I have seen only a select few getting GC through DORA and only 1 (or maybe 2) getting it within the promised 90 days period.

I filed my application on Nov 19th. FP was done on Nov 29th and on Dec 7th, status was updated that the process has resumed. No update since then. I did, however, received the 70th day notice to come and apply for EAD (which I did get).

Thanks

Eric
I wish I could say anything different from my last update... it's going on 160 days for me since the interview (October 10th, '04).

EricNeesGC said:

Thanks

Eric

Hi!

I am new to this forum but have been reading some threads over the past few weeks.

I went through the DORA process and just received my Green Card. Here are my dates:

Jan 14/05 - Interview
Jan 21/05 - Received Approval Letter
Jan 31/05 - Request for FP
Feb 02/05 - Fingerprinting and Biometric Appointment
Feb 14/05 - web site updated saying results were received and resumed
Apr 01/05 - web site saying I was approved
Apr 02/05 - Received Approval Letter (was approved on Mar 30/05)
Apr 08/05 - Received Green Card

My suggestion is to make an appointment with the local office for day 91 so that if you have not heard anything you can go into the office and find out why that is, ASAP.

ALSO!!!!

If you are married to a US Citizen, have them contact your Congressman maybe 2 weeks before the 90 day deadline. It will take 10-30 days for them to get information, and by asking them to do so at that point, a decision of some sort will have been made by then on your application. Maybe they will get back to you before your 90 day deadline....or later on with useful info.

Either way, if you haven't heard anything by day 90, go to your appointment on day 91, but hopefully you will hear something :)

A friend of mine, who is also doing AOS via DORA, said that the interviewing officer told him that the average proccessing time was around 75 days.

Stretch said:
Hi!

I am new to this forum but have been reading some threads over the past few weeks.

I went through the DORA process and just received my Green Card. Here are my dates:

Jan 14/05 - Interview
Jan 21/05 - Received Approval Letter
Jan 31/05 - Request for FP
Feb 02/05 - Fingerprinting and Biometric Appointment
Feb 14/05 - web site updated saying results were received and resumed
Apr 01/05 - web site saying I was approved
Apr 02/05 - Received Approval Letter (was approved on Mar 30/05)
Apr 08/05 - Received Green Card

My suggestion is to make an appointment with the local office for day 91 so that if you have not heard anything you can go into the office and find out why that is, ASAP.

ALSO!!!!

If you are married to a US Citizen, have them contact your Congressman maybe 2 weeks before the 90 day deadline. It will take 10-30 days for them to get information, and by asking them to do so at that point, a decision of some sort will have been made by then on your application. Maybe they will get back to you before your 90 day deadline....or later on with useful info.

Either way, if you haven't heard anything by day 90, go to your appointment on day 91, but hopefully you will hear something :)
Stretch,

If you don't mind sharing, may I ask what is your country of birth? I am trying to reason if the delay in processing time is for a select few countries or random.

Thanks

Eric

Hi Eric,

I was born in Canada.

Have you made any appointments at the local office? Have you called your Congressman? Either of these will send you in a direction which will help you.

Stretch said:
Hi Eric,

I was born in Canada.

Have you made any appointments at the local office? Have you called your Congressman? Either of these will send you in a direction which will help you.
No, I have not called upon congressman yet becasuse I am in the middle of a job transition and too busy to deal with INS at this moment. However, I do have an appointment in the local office on April 20th to find out what's going on. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Eric

pvb80 said:
1) Based on a family relationship with an immigrant visa currently available;2)
Thanks.
Will you have a visa number currently available? NO Visa number is only available to immidiate relative of USC without any waiting.

You had assigned a visa number and so you got the GC. but not for your wife as she is not a spouse of USC. As I said visa number is only available to immidiate relative of a USC (not to USC).
In short you won't be able to use the Pilot program until you are a USC. Sorry.

Visa number

amishah said:
You had assigned a visa number and so you got the GC. but not for your wife as she is not a spouse of USC. As I said visa number is only available to immidiate relative of a USC (not to USC).
In short you won't be able to use the Pilot program until you are a USC. Sorry.

I have to correct several misthinkings about the eligibility for participating DROA that I have read on this forum.

First, you don't have to live in Dallas area to be eligible. You can live in any Dallas district office's service area. Go to the Dallas districts office's service area to find out. There are tons of counties within Texas which are within this service area. My case is one of them. I don't live in Dallas and was eligible and got the interview. I am still waiting for the results.

Second, USCIS has made a correction for the eligibility. Click on this link http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/dallas/Pilot_Overview.htm

and you can read:

"Eligibility for the Pilot
Participation in the Pilot Program is entirely voluntary but it is limited to customers whose petitions and applications meet one or more of the following criteria:

Based on a family relationship;

Diversity Visa Lottery winner; and

Special Immigrant with an approved Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant"

So now you guys don't see any thing called visa number as you did before the correction. I used to read the eligibility with visa number like you guys did on the old link. So just ignore it.

Let me repeat. If your spouse is a USC, just go to the interview. Don't have to worry anything about visa number. Visa number will be assigned to you right away when you are interviewed (the immigrant officer may not let you know this). My case falls in this. My husband is a USC. Just let you know that for form I-485, don't fill in the options why you are applying. I waited until I got the interview and had the immigrant officer fill in for me.

Is everything clear to you?