green card in 3months in dallas

muni2773 said:
Hi All,
2.) What are the current timelines. I know it says 90 days but realistically what is the time line people are seeing ?
:)
In our case 142 days have already passed and we don't have anything: neither 70 days' letter, nor approval letter.
muni2773 said:
3.) How long does the biometrics letter take to arrive in mail ?
We got it in 10 days after filing our documents.
Good luck!

muni2773 said:
1.) We have a tracking number which does not have 10 digits. What can I track and where can I track with this number ?
That receipt number will be on the letter you get for your FP appointment in about 10 days.

For DV 2005 Lottery winners, participated in DORA

Folks,
I would like to share my experience about pushing my case. May be it will help someone.

On October 1, 2004, I and my husband filed an application for Adjustment of Status Pilot program in Dallas. 150 days have already passed and we still have not received any notices from them.

When we visited Dallas Office on February 7, 2005, we were told that our security check was still pending.
So, we put our efforts into this direction and sent name check status request to FBI and CIA.

On March 1, 2005 we visited Dallas District Office again. This time officer told us that everything was fine with our case, security check was cleared and delay occurred because of Kentucky Consular Center, which didn’t send our DV Package to Dallas District Office yet.

Today I called Kentucky Consular Center and I was told that they didn't send our DV package, because Dallas District Office didn't request it! :mad: It looks like a dead-end and I am not sure how to make it work!

My point is: If more then 90 days have passed and you didn't receive any notice, you also may occur in the same situation. You might think that FBI or CIA is still processing your name check and you should patiently wait, but the reason for delay is: Dallas Office didn't request your DV package and Kentucky Consular center didn't send it.

Call Kentucky Consular center and make sure they sent your package!

Good Luck!

Just wondering, how did you send name check status to FBI and CIA?

Thank you.

slyusw said:
Folks,
I would like to share my experience about pushing my case. May be it will help someone.

On October 1, 2004, I and my husband filed an application for Adjustment of Status Pilot program in Dallas. 150 days have already passed and we still have not received any notices from them.

When we visited Dallas Office on February 7, 2005, we were told that our security check was still pending.
So, we put our efforts into this direction and sent name check status request to FBI and CIA.

On March 1, 2005 we visited Dallas District Office again. This time officer told us that everything was fine with our case, security check was cleared and delay occurred because of Kentucky Consular Center, which didn’t send our DV Package to Dallas District Office yet.

Today I called Kentucky Consular Center and I was told that they didn't send our DV package, because Dallas District Office didn't request it! :mad: It looks like a dead-end and I am not sure how to make it work!

My point is: If more then 90 days have passed and you didn't receive any notice, you also may occur in the same situation. You might think that FBI or CIA is still processing your name check and you should patiently wait, but the reason for delay is: Dallas Office didn't request your DV package and Kentucky Consular center didn't send it.

Call Kentucky Consular center and make sure they sent your package!

Good Luck!

romit said:
Just wondering, how did you send name check status to FBI and CIA?

Thank you.

I am not sure that I did everything right. But, after reading posts
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=110117&page=1&pp=15
and
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848
we decided, that we don't actually need "copy of records indexed to my name.", but rather information when our name check has been started ( if it has been started at all!) and what is it's current status.
So, I used an example given at:
http://www.foia.cia.gov/sample_privacy_request_letter.asp
and
http://foia.fbi.gov/ , but in my letter I asked to provide me information with my current name check status.

As you can see from http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848 , some people are just receiving response for their requests they sent in October 2004.

So, sending these letters actually doesn't help too much : :rolleyes: .

DORA Interview, Another Personal Experience

We had our DORA interview today, March 4. It was very quick and simple. We hope the remaining process will be the same. Entered the building and submitted docs to clerk at 12:00pm, waited in line for the interview about 55 mins., left the office at 1:20pm.

The clerk was polite--took the docs and directed us to the sitting area, saying, "make yourself at home." :)

The interview was a breeze. The officer was very helpful, courteous, and easygoing, cracking jokes left and right. Though he never ceased to be a proficient professional, his facetiousness and geniality nonplused us slightly at times. The interview lasted no more than 20 mins, a good part of which was spent on chit-chat. Were not asked any tricky or complicated questions. "Where did you meet? How long have you been together?" These two questions were the only ones about our relationship, the rest sought to confirm info on the forms and reiterate questions on I-485, (Have you been a member of the Communist Party? Have you been deported? etc.) When I asked whether we need to provide any of our photos, the answer was no. In the officer's own words: "You can tell everything by body language and communication." I am sure if the officer had doubts, the scrutiny would be more detailed. (If you are curious about some of the questions that can be asked during the interview of suspect couples, check out this link,
http://www.callyourlawyers.com/iblog/B1833440738/C1075917879/E2067159556/) Our friends who did an interview two weeks earlier were asked to submit one of their wedding photos.

Supporting docs for the bona fide marriage that we chose to include were: 1) apartment lease; 2) joint bank account check; 3) car insurance; and 4)affidavit of our relationship from a long-time, older friend who also conducted our marriage ceremony. The affidavit though is not necessary.

My citizenship is from Eastern Europe.

Will keep postings on further experience.

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Updates anyone?

dhakaya, ericneesgc, slyusw, muni2773, thienthanh, j4school, ovm3007: any meaningful updates on your aos application?

anti-climacus said:
dhakaya, ericneesgc, slyusw, muni2773, thienthanh, j4school, ovm3007: any meaningful updates on your aos application?
Nothing new here. Still ".. the processing has resumed in your case ... we'll notify you" status :(

Please Advice on DORA...

Hi..I read all the forums and it helped me to understand this new thing DORA. can anyone help me with my questions?

My fiance lives in Texas and we are planning to get married as i am on F-1, Does he need to have job. He will have job in july. So before if we apply they might have questions?

We don't live together. Can anyone who already attended interview can send me more clear details how to proceed, which forms and what documents?

Please it is really urgent...you can also email me: rane2202@yahoo.com

I appreciate if anyone helps.

DORA Process

go to this government website that explains the DORA program in relative detail, http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/dallas/Pilot_Procedure.htm

after you finish reading it, go to this website to make an appointment and print out the necessary forms, https://infopass.uscis.gov/infopass.php. click ENGLISH, then click MAKE APPOINTMENT, then enter your ZIP CODE and continue, then select DORA at the very bottom (in red) and continue, and then you will see the list of forms you need for the interview. the forms will explain also what documents you need to bring to support your application. then click CONTINE (at the bottom), enter required personal information and continue, and see for what dates they have apppointments available. sometimes they will tell you they don't have apppointments. don't give up, go to the website as often as you can without losing your sanity and eventualy you will get an apppointment.

make sure you get married by the date of your appointment.

crucial components of application:

1) your spouse needs to provide AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT to make clear to the government that you won't be a financial burden to the public. the spouse needs to show evidence of a steady job that earns at least 125% of the poverty line ($15, 612). if the spouse does not at the moment have that kind of a steady job, you will need to find a JOINT SPONSOR who is willing to provide affidavit of support on your behalf and meets poverty line requirements.

2) you need to provide evidence of a BONA FIDE MARRIAGE, that is, to show that your marriage is legitimate. good documents to include for this purpose could be: apartment lease (or joint house ownership), joint bank account statement/check, mutual car insurance, bills addressed to both of your names, and photos of the wedding. it could also be helpful to include a written statement certified by a notary public from the spouse's parents and/or your relatives and friends that your marriage is legitimate.

hope this is helpful.

good luck.

j4school said:
Its stilll pending but i got my EAD

Please, explain how you did it!
I went twice to Dallas District Office and wrote letters asking to send me invitation for appointmrnt to get my EAD the same day, but was told by the officer that I have only option to apply by mail and wait for 3 month! It seemed we spoke different languages!

anti-climacus said:

As I wrote in my previous post "For DV Lottery winners", on March 1, I was told that my namecheck was finished, but they are waiting for my DV Package from Kentucky Consular Centre. And KCC keeps saying that they didn't send this DV Package, because Dallas hasn't requested it yet! :mad:

I set up one more appointment in Dallas District Office and will try to figure out what is going on!

slyusw, how did you set up an appointment (not to get AED but to clarify your AOS application)? by calling the dallas office? do they typically schedule an apointment in 1, 2, 3 weeks from the call?

slyusw said:
Please, explain how you did it!
I went twice to Dallas District Office and wrote letters asking to send me invitation for appointmrnt to get my EAD the same day, but was told by the officer that I have only option to apply by mail and wait for 3 month! It seemed we spoke different languauges! Finally, I gave up and applied throught mail.
Well, I just schedule an apointment went with a proof that my stuff was pending, with a EAD application, the officer told me that the were suppose to send an appointment letter but i replied her that the did not and thats why am here, i gave her my application and i was told to wait, i waited for almost about four hours for them to confirm from other office, and i was later called to get my EAD. I think the system is just mixed up. I was just lucky and God was on my side, i think even the officer saw that it make no sence for me to wait another three month to mail it in.

anti-climacus said:
slyusw, how did you set up an appointment (not to get AED but to clarify your AOS application)? by calling the dallas office? do they typically schedule an apointment in 1, 2, 3 weeks from the call?

As I understand, the only way to set up an appointment is throught INFOPASS:
http://infopass.uscis.gov/

anti-climacus said:

Still same status...process has resumed on your case... I have received my EAD though