green card in 3months in dallas

another update
my wife received her permanent resident card yesterday.
we still havent received the official approval letters yet for the I-130 and i-485, i dont care at this point.

the card has a date of 1/31, online the I-485 was approved on 2/3 so go figure

the good news is that the process works although a little slowly, and getting the green card in 6 mos(in our case) is better than 12-18 months via the regular route.

cheers

Things have kinda simmered down on this thread lately.. so let's revive this.

I went and talk to an officer today (110th day since DORA interview).. he pulled up my info and told me that my background check is still pending, and that's what's holding my case up. He actually printed up a sheet, that showed the 'Pending' status. Obviously it was followed by "you just have to be patient" remark :rolleyes:

I was wondering.. AfricanL, was your appointment just standing at one of the 15 windows and talking to the officer or did u go "inside".. and EricNees did you get your EAD already?

Move to another place

My wife (the petitioner) and I came for the interview a week ago. The immigration told me that everything looks good and how long the process takes will depend on the security check. I haven't received the fingerprint notice yet but I guess I will receive it in a couple of days. My question is if we move to another state after having fingerprint, will our moving have any effect on the USCIS green card decision? I have this question because my wife current employment is in Dallas (we have been living here for more than one year) and our moving means she will have another job (actually she found a better job in another place). I mean will USCIS change their view on my wife financial condition (current employment) that they considered satisfactory during the interview after receiving our notice of move? Of course when we move we will write a letter to the Dallas office for a change of address.

Plz advice me

Hi ,

I am currenlty on H-1B and married to a US citizen ( but when I married , she was the permanent resident ) . I filed I 130 during that time ( which was last year ) . Once she became US citizen , I filed I485 / EAD / on Jan 12 2005. Now just recently I got a letter from the INS that my I 130 petition is approved but it is also mentioned that I am not eligible for the Adjustment of Status and I will need consular processing for VISA in a foriegn country.

But now the issue is that , at the same time I am checking my 1 485 status and it is saying that your finger printing is received.

Can someone tell me what should I do .

THanks

dhakaya said:

I went and talk to an officer today (110th day since DORA interview).. he pulled up my info and told me that my background check is still pending, and that's what's holding my case up. He actually printed up a sheet, that showed the 'Pending' status. Obviously it was followed by "you just have to be patient" remark :rolleyes:

I was wondering.. AfricanL, was your appointment just standing at one of the 15 windows and talking to the officer or did u go "inside".. and EricNees did you get your EAD already?

dhakaya, Yes i had to stand at one of those windows :D . But atleast we got relevant information. :)

thienthanh said:
My wife (the petitioner) and I came for the interview a week ago. The immigration told me that everything looks good and how long the process takes will depend on the security check. I haven't received the fingerprint notice yet but I guess I will receive it in a couple of days. My question is if we move to another state after having fingerprint, will our moving have any effect on the USCIS green card decision? I have this question because my wife current employment is in Dallas (we have been living here for more than one year) and our moving means she will have another job (actually she found a better job in another place). I mean will USCIS change their view on my wife financial condition (current employment) that they considered satisfactory during the interview after receiving our notice of move? Of course when we move we will write a letter to the Dallas office for a change of address.

thienthanh I'm not sure but I believe that if you and your wife leave dallas you will not more be eligible to continue with ur i-865 and i-130 application through D.O.RA. Infact once you fill a change of adress form and indicate you are leaving the state your file will be sent out of texas to your new Uscis service center Outside texas.

dhakaya said:

Yes, I received my EAD. It was a very simple process.

Moving

Arican Lion said:
thienthanh I'm not sure but I believe that if you and your wife leave dallas you will not more be eligible to continue with ur i-865 and i-130 application through D.O.RA. Infact once you fill a change of adress form and indicate you are leaving the state your file will be sent out of texas to your new Uscis service center Outside texas.

Arican Lion, thank you for your response. Could you let me know you are 100% sure that I cannot continue with the applications I filed (I-865, I-485, I-130) during the interview if I want to move out of state? Please let me know because this is very important and I really want to move out of state. Thanks a lot.

thienthanh said:
Arican Lion, thank you for your response. Could you let me know you are 100% sure that I cannot continue with the applications I filed (I-865, I-485, I-130) during the interview if I want to move out of state? Please let me know because this is very important and I really want to move out of state. Thanks a lot.
I think you should either talk to a lawyer or schedule an appointment to talk to an USCIS Officer thru infopass. Here's another online support group you can check out: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationforum/

It is with great excitment that I inform all of you that My i-485 using D.O.R.A has been approved. My current status reads

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to
Adjust Status

Current Status:

On February 16, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new
card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

hurrayyyy :p :p :D :D :) :D

If I can do it in 104 days then everyone needs to be calm. If you dont get a denial letter youll get an approval. might be 60, 90, 104 160 days etc but youll get it.

My Time line

Married in October 8th 2004 to my wonderful sweetheart
Filed i-130 and i-485 on November 4 2004
Booked appointment and saw an Immigration officer on February 3 2005 (91st day of application) since I was not approved by the 90th day.

I never got a 70th day letter.

Hurray its over :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!! This keeps our hopes alive. So I guess the average is around 100 days. Hope you hear good news from in in the next 10 - 15 days.

Eric

EricNeesGC,
I am afraid you are too optimistic.
We filed our application on October 1, 2004 on DORA and still got neither 70-days letter nor any other. We visited Dallas Office on February 7. Officer told us our security check was still pending. On my complain that I need EAD ASAP and would like to receive a letter with invitation for appointment, she said she didn't know (!!!) why such a letter hasn't been sent to us and just suggested to file Application for EAD by ordinary mail and wait for 3 month.
I wrote to the Director of Dallas District Office, but didn't get any answer. So, everything is not that simple...

Last edited by a moderator:
slyusw said:
EricNeesGC,
We filed our application on October 1, 2004 on DORA and still got neither 70-days letter nor any other. We visited Dallas Office on February 7. Officer told us our security check was still pending. On my complain that I need EAD ASAP and would like to receive a letter with invitation for appointment, she said she didn't know (!!!) why we such letter hasn't been sent to us just suggested to file Application for EAD by ordinary mail and wait for 3 month.
I wrote to the Director of Dallas District Office, but didn't get any answer. So, everything is not that simple...
You are right, we file our application on October 12, 2004 on DORA, i have not received 70 day letter or any other correspondense from Dallas office, Am now thinking if i should mail in the EAD application and wait for another three months.

slyusw said:
EricNeesGC,
We filed our application on October 1, 2004 on DORA and still got neither 70-days letter nor any other. We visited Dallas Office on February 7. Officer told us our security check was still pending. On my complain that I need EAD ASAP and would like to receive a letter with invitation for appointment, she said she didn't know (!!!) why such a letter hasn't been sent to us and just suggested to file Application for EAD by ordinary mail and wait for 3 month.

slyusw-- I think it wrong to tell people they are too optimistic. I believe optimism is the bed rock on which right choices are made.
My question to you is " why did you have to wait 5 months ( 7th February) to make an appointment and inquire about your case? That should have been done as soon as the 90 day wait period was over.

I am not sure but I belive your case might have been taken out of the D.O.R.A program hence will be approved in 6 months. I think you should be approved for your green card somewhere aroung the 1st of April.

Best of Luck

questions about filling out 130 and 485 ( DORA Dallas.)

Hi ,

I have DORA interview in second week march.
our case is spouse of USC.- immediate relative.

getting the papers in order.
had a few questions though.

1) on form 130, in part C ( information about your relative), item # 14..date Arrived. In this item do we have to write when my husband first arrived to USA or the date of his most recent entry to USA ?

He first came to US in 2000 on student visa , then made a one month trip in 2002 and reentered on valid student visa and then in 2003 transferred to H-1B. never been out of country since transferring to H-1.
(there is a similar question in 485 , but that specifically asks for "Date of Last arrival")

2) on form 485, page 2, part 3 ( Processing information). in the nonimmigrant visa number what should we write.
My husband is currently on a H1B status. the H-1B visa is not yet stamped on passport. He came to US in Aug 2000 on student(f-1) visa and thats the only visa stamped on his passport.

Thanks all for your help and replies.:)

Questions

Can I ask you guys a question: when it comes to fingerprints, both the petitioner (US citizen) and the beneficiary (married to the USC) need to have the fingerprints done or just the beneficiary needs to do that. Thanks for your replies.

Filed DORA app today

Hi All,

Just filed the dora app today with my wife being the USC (We're both from INDIA). Everything was RELATIVELY painless.

1.) We have a tracking number which does not have 10 digits. What can I track and where can I track with this number ?

2.) What are the current timelines. I know it says 90 days but realistically what is the time line people are seeing ?

3.) How long does the biometrics letter take to arrive in mail ?

4.) Anyone have any suggestions as to what to watch out for ?

Thanks In advance. :)