green card in 3months in dallas

I was interviewed for GC in Aug 2002. The officer was about to stamp my passport, when he found out that background check hasn't come.

Guess what, I am still waiting for that. I've already had 2 EADs and 2 Paroles. Travelled to India. But no GC yet. :confused:

KillBill said:
My I-485 was approved yesterday. It was exactly day 92. So the system does work. Just be patient.
Eric, from what i know, you dont receive an update when you receive the 70th day letter. They will just send the letter to you.

cheers,
KillBill

Where was ur application filed, and who sponsored you ?

Hey.. if you guys check your online status as much as I do throughout the week :) , they have a new feature, where you can sign up for automatic e-mail updates anytime there is a change. You'll have to set up all your info, and can find the link on the same page as your case status.

Hey all,

Ok, I received the 70th day letter to come and apply for EAD on February 9th. Thats 80th day from the time I applied. What suggestions do you guys have? Should I go or wait for the 90th day?

How many people have received GC after receiving the 70th day letter?

Thanks

Eric

EricNeesGC said:
Hey all,

Ok, I received the 70th day letter to come and apply for EAD on February 9th. Thats 80th day from the time I applied. What suggestions do you guys have? Should I go or wait for the 90th day?

How many people have received GC after receiving the 70th day letter?

Thanks

Eric
Hi Eric,
You better go for your EAD, cos you never know when your GC is coming, and also please were was EAD appointment scheduled is it in 3010 Stemmons freeway the office we had the interview or is it going to be in 8101 stemmons freeway?

Thanks

j4school said:
Hi Eric,
You better go for your EAD, cos you never know when your GC is coming, and also please were was EAD appointment scheduled is it in 3010 Stemmons freeway the office we had the interview or is it going to be in 8101 stemmons freeway?

Thanks
Yes, I was thinking along the same lines. Its better to spend $175 and get some sense of security atleast.

They have asked me to come on 2/9/05 beween 7AM and 11AM to the 8101 (the red brick office) in Dallas.

Also, as I understand, I do not need to take pictures with me right? They will take my pictures right then and there and will issue me the EAD on the spot. Correct?

Ok thanks, I have not received my 70th day letter yet and this make 113 days, but my lawyers says i should wait have a little patience, but i was thinking booking for an appointment, then go in myself without 70th day letter but go with my document showing them that 1-485 is pending. i need my EAD to start work immediately, i don't know if that will help.

EricNeesGC said:
Yes, I was thinking along the same lines. Its better to spend $175 and get some sense of security atleast.

They have asked me to come on 2/9/05 beween 7AM and 11AM to the 8101 (the red brick office) in Dallas.

Also, as I understand, I do not need to take pictures with me right? They will take my pictures right then and there and will issue me the EAD on the spot. Correct?
I think that's the smart choice... the fee is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things, but loosing your peace of mind is not. And no, you DO NOT need to take any pictures with you... just take the appointment letter, completed I-765 and a money-order for $175. Allow at least 2 hours of sitting in the waiting lounge.. I regretted not taking anything to read :)

Today is my 89th day and no news yet. :mad:
I have an appointment to see an immigration officer tomorrow at 810... Stemmons.
Do you guys have ideas for the best way to approach this appointment?

Arican Lion said:
I have an appointment to see an immigration officer tomorrow at 810... Stemmons.
What is your appointment for? were you given 70th day letter, or you want inquire about your case, i think it will have been wise for you to wait till its about 95 days before going, i know you are keen in knowing what happening to your case. Good luck

j4school said:
Ok thanks, I have not received my 70th day letter yet and this make 113 days, but my lawyers says i should wait have a little patience, but i was thinking booking for an appointment, then go in myself without 70th day letter but go with my document showing them that 1-485 is pending. i need my EAD to start work immediately, i don't know if that will help.
J4School, I really think you should dump your lawyer. There is nothing wrong in going in and getting some information. I am not sure what your case is but if your lawyer is asking for you to wait but I think there is something wrong with him if he is asking you to wait for something that has been over 3 months over due. Just an opinion.

By the way, what is your birth country?

EricNeesGC said:
J4School, I really think you should dump your lawyer. There is nothing wrong in going in and getting some information. I am not sure what your case is but if your lawyer is asking for you to wait but I think there is something wrong with him if he is asking you to wait for something that has been over 3 months over due. Just an opinion.

By the way, what is your birth country?
Yeah, That is what i was thinking, he keeps telling me have patience, he really made me to be confuse, i was even prepared to go to INS office alone, i even miss my appointment, because he told me to have patiance so i had to wait, well thanks for the advise. My country of Birth is Nigeria

Arican Lion said:
Hi Arican,
Let us know how it went in the immigration office.

Appointment withm USCIS @ 90days or more is an excellent step

j4school said:
Hi Arican,
Let us know how it went in the immigration office.

I got to the immigration office this afternoon and had no problems getting to see am immigartion officer. I explained my case to him confidently and he confirmed that no letter has yet been sent to me, but that my finger prints are already cleared.
He then asked for the name of the officer that interviwed me but i could not remember. He asked if the officer asked me to provide any documents after the interview and i said "no, all went fine".
He went through the computer system again and confirmed that all issues with me are fine and i'm OK for an approval.
He gave me an inquiry form to fill and said it will be sent to my interviewer and that i will be getting a notice .
He confirmed my not getting a notice might have been due to some oversight

I PRAY for the best.

So for all you guys who have not gone to make inquires or who are waiting on lawyers, I think it will be good to book an appointment when its 90days or more to know whats truly happening.

Note they will not attend to you or take you seriously if your case is not atleast 90 days.

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
KillBill said:
My I-485 was approved yesterday. It was exactly day 92. So the system does work. Just be patient.
Eric, from what i know, you dont receive an update when you receive the 70th day letter. They will just send the letter to you.

cheers,
KillBill

Hello Killbill, Congratulations again on ur approval. Have you gotten any new information or letter from Uscis?

approval

Phew-woo hoo etc

my wifes 485 got approved last week. we had signed up for email notification and we got an email yesterday.

interestingly the I-130 status does not show anything new. the i-485 status shows that it has been approved and we should receive the card soon.

we had applied for the i-130/i485- through the pilot program on 8/4/2004. so its taken 6 mos. we didnt apply for ead/adv parole.

we are from india, non-islamic.

good luck to everyone whos waiting.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
DFW_BR said:
Phew-woo hoo etc

my wifes 485 got approved last week. we had signed up for email notification and we got an email yesterday.

interestingly the I-130 status does not show anything new. the i-485 status shows that it has been approved and we should receive the card soon.

we had applied for the i-130/i485- through the pilot program on 8/4/2004. so its taken 6 mos. we didnt apply for ead/adv parole.

we are from india, non-islamic.

good luck to everyone whos waiting.

cheers

Congratulations DFW_BR!!!! Good to know yov come to the end of the long wait.

dhakaya said:
I think that's the smart choice... the fee is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things, but loosing your peace of mind is not. And no, you DO NOT need to take any pictures with you... just take the appointment letter, completed I-765 and a money-order for $175. Allow at least 2 hours of sitting in the waiting lounge.. I regretted not taking anything to read :)
Dhakya,

So you are saying that I do not need to take any documention other than I765, money order for $175 and the appointment letter?

EricNeesGC said:
Dhakya,

So you are saying that I do not need to take any documention other than I765, money order for $175 and the appointment letter?
Yes.. I took two pasport pictures and my previous EAD with me as mentioned on the form...but they didn't even ask me for it. So the requirements for this is a little different than mailing it in.

I set up an appointment to see an immigration officer on the 14th for my case, as it'll be almost 110 days on that day. Thanks to AfricanL for posting his experience.

I went for the EAD this morning. Its very easy but boring process. I went in at 7:00 AM (the earliest possible time) and got the EAD at 9:00 AM. This other person came at 8:30 AM and got her EAD at 9:00 also so basically it does not help going in early unless you want to read up on some book. The documents you will need are

1. Letter from the Homeland Security
2. Any form of identification (a DL would do).
3. Money order for $175
4. Form I-765

You do not need to take your pictures with you. They will take the pictures and give you the EAD on the spot.

PS: There is a major difference in attitude in people who work in the front office and the people in the back office. The later are very courteous.