green card in 3months in dallas

bgbaby said:
Guys,
Those of you who have been successful in getting your green card in 3 months, could you answer some questions for me.
I am marrying a usc in a few weeks. Here are my questions:

1. What kind of questions will they ask on the interview, anything tricky?
2. If we are just moving in together after the wedding and our bills are giong to be on both of our names just now, would that be a problem (even though we've dated for months)?
3. How many pictures did you take with you and how far did they go back into your relationship?
4. After you receive your greencard, do you need to stay married for another 2 years?

Thanks to everyone who replies!! :confused:
Well, I have not received my green card yet but I believe it should be approved any day now. Here are some answers to your questions:

1. No tricky questions. They will talk to you nicely. We basically joked around for 15 minutes and they she told me that you will get your green card in 90 days.

2. Take some bank statements showing a joint account, a lease agreement with both of you guys name on it and a utility bill. Thats all I took.

3. I did not take any pictures. Just an American marriage certificate was enough.

4. Yes, your GC will be conditional for 2 years. Although, there are some ways you can remove the conditions in which case, you will have to prove good faith marriage and also prove that you were abused by your spuse.

Good luck!

bgbaby said:
Guys,
Those of you who have been successful in getting your green card in 3 months, could you answer some questions for me.
I am marrying a usc in a few weeks. Here are my questions:

1. What kind of questions will they ask on the interview, anything tricky?
2. If we are just moving in together after the wedding and our bills are giong to be on both of our names just now, would that be a problem (even though we've dated for months)?
3. How many pictures did you take with you and how far did they go back into your relationship?
4. After you receive your greencard, do you need to stay married for another 2 years?

Thanks to everyone who replies!! :confused:

Hello BGBABAY,

My interview was about 1hr 15 minutes. I and my wife started off having a very friendly chat with interviewer.. Talked about college days, the american economy, the growth of the oil and gas sector lots of stuff... this lasted for about 30 minutes.
The he started asking us individually lots of questions like when first met... description of car, description of house, habits of husband habits of wife,
looked at pictures ( liked pictures with family members), bills , lease, bank account, when we first me... who made the first move.
Truly is was easy cause I truly have my wife by me every single day. For someone with the opposite case huh... it would have been tough.

Go with as much pictures as u have . It does not hurt. Just moving in together does not hurt.

Yyou need to stay married for two years after being granted conditional residency .
hope this helps you :rolleyes:

DFWFM and Dhakaya,

I have a question for you...rather personal...but I just want to see if country of origin makes any difference. I am from Pakistan. Which countries are you guys from. I know one of you got it within 60 days whereas for the other its now more than 100 days. Please let me know.

Thanks

Eric

EricNeesGC said:
DFWFM and Dhakaya,

I have a question for you...rather personal...but I just want to see if country of origin makes any difference. I am from Pakistan. Which countries are you guys from. I know one of you got it within 60 days whereas for the other its now more than 100 days. Please let me know.

Thanks

Eric

I'm from Bangladesh, and today was actually the 85th day since my interview. I just checked my case status... still the same :( . Hoping to hear something positive soon.

I gotta question for u ... how u get a name like Eric coming from Pakistan :p ... good luck on your case bro!

98 days still hasn't heard from DORA

Today is making the 98th days since i filed and got interveiw thru DORA, i have not still heard from them, i called my lawyer he told me that he is going to send them an email, Am just wondering if i should make an appointment for my EAD immediately, but my lawyer told me that the USCIS has to send me a letter for the EAD appointment,this is very fustrating.

165 days since DORA

Its been 165 days since we applied for my wife.
My wife visited the DO in october where she was told her name check hasnt cleared.
i will be writing to the district director soon.

dhakaya said:
I'm from Bangladesh, and today was actually the 85th day since my interview. I just checked my case status... still the same :( . Hoping to hear something positive soon.

I gotta question for u ... how u get a name like Eric coming from Pakistan :p ... good luck on your case bro!
Actual name is Aziz. Becomes Eric due to people's incompentency of pronouncing names in the US :)

Green Card In 3 Months Simply Not True

I Applied in July 2004. Went to the inteview, they promised 3 months DORA processing. Now is January 2005, 7 months has passed and nothing.
I spoke with a Immigration officer and he said the same thing as you find in the Web page. "Your fingerprint were received and your case processing has resumed. We'll let you know."
They do not want to mention anything about DORA program, so for me this system is a total failure. They should say at least . We are sorry this DORA system does not work. So now I have to apply for a work permit and a traveling permit because I did't back in July. More time and money waisted.
Even worst I checked the processing dates portal last week and it said they were processing applications received in June 2004 so I thought I was close but today I checked it againg and it said they are processing December 2003. They went back 6 months. This is incredible. :eek:

DFW_BR said:
Its been 165 days since we applied for my wife.
My wife visited the DO in october where she was told her name check hasnt cleared.
i will be writing to the district director soon.
Was your wife given the 70th day letter? comfirming that her case will not be completed under 90 days, in my case the online case has shown that the FBI result has been received since November, so i was expecting them to mail me a notice to me since. Todays is making the 99th day, the DORA program sucks.

yes we received the "70th day" letter telling us that they are unable to process I130/I485 within 90 days and we should apply for EAD etc.

the few things im gonna do are-write to angela barrows, get started with my senator, schedule infopass appt for my wife.

i wish at least the I-130 was approved.
serenity now... serenity now .... :)

DFW_BR said:
yes we received the "70th day" letter telling us that they are unable to process I130/I485 within 90 days and we should apply for EAD etc.

the few things im gonna do are-write to angela barrows, get started with my senator, schedule infopass appt for my wife.

i wish at least the I-130 was approved.
serenity now... serenity now .... :)
So that means i can just schedule an Appointment, then go ask about my case then apply for EAD at the same time, when you applied for EAD what was the process like?what docs did you have to go with?

j4school said:
So that means i can just schedule an Appointment, then go ask about my case then apply for EAD at the same time, when you applied for EAD what was the process like?what docs did you have to go with?
Yeah.. there should be nothing holding you back from submitting an EAD app. Although.. I didn't see an option for "Appointment for EAD Application" on the Infopass page, so you may actually have to mail it in :rolleyes: .

When I went for mine, they just needed a completed I-765 and the fee (they'll take a polaroid pic when u arrive). Talk to your lawyer again... you are paying him to have his $%*t straight on these kinda information.

Hi

EricNeesGC said:
DFWFM and Dhakaya,

Thanks

Eric

I am a national of Lebanon.

thanks,

-FM

j4school
we didnt apply for the ead yet.
the letter we got gave us a appt date/time.
my wife went into the office with that letter and questioned the lady about the applications.

the ins staff was kinda rude and not helpful at all

thanks

Three questions:

1. Does anyone know how many times does the case status change since application to approval? My current status is ...the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence... Is the next status approval or is there any other interim status?

2. Does the above status means that the fingerprinting was received or FBI returned the fingerprinting results?

3. If I do not get the GC in 90 days as promised, I have an option to get EAD. However, can I get my passport stamped for travel abroad?

Thanks

Ead

ADVICE PLEASE

Married Oct 12/04
Interview Nov 5/04
Fingerprints Nov 18/04
Fingerprints received Nov 29
lJan 19/05 letter telling us that they are unable to process I130/I485 within 90 days and we should apply for EAD etc

question......I have an H-1 and will expire in August 2005....so do ineed to apply for this EAD or should i wait for the card.

For how long is the EAD....did you get right away? :rolleyes:

jmojica said:
ADVICE PLEASE

Married Oct 12/04
Interview Nov 5/04
Fingerprints Nov 18/04
Fingerprints received Nov 29
lJan 19/05 letter telling us that they are unable to process I130/I485 within 90 days and we should apply for EAD etc

question......I have an H-1 and will expire in August 2005....so do ineed to apply for this EAD or should i wait for the card.

For how long is the EAD....did you get right away? :rolleyes:

Jmojica-- I think you should go for the EAD appointment and use that opportunity to ask the Immigration officer for advice on your case since you already have a H-1.

My view is that you should get the EAD which will be for at least a year. Since they are giving the EAD with time they will definitely give you the green card

We both have almost the same dates

INTERVIEW-NOVEMBER 4
DATE FINGER PRINT RECEIVED--NOVEMBER 29

Last edited by a moderator:
EricNeesGC said:
Three questions:

1. Does anyone know how many times does the case status change since application to approval? My current status is ...the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence... Is the next status approval or is there any other interim status?

2. Does the above status means that the fingerprinting was received or FBI returned the fingerprinting results?

3. If I do not get the GC in 90 days as promised, I have an option to get EAD. However, can I get my passport stamped for travel abroad?

Thanks

Not sure about your first question.. as I'm kinda on the same boat as u are :) , but I'm pretty sure for question# 2... they mean that they HAVE NOT received anything from the FBI yet. If they cannot process yours on time and you get a letter from them to come apply for the EAD, it will also mention the option for you to apply for "travel documents", during the same appointment. I didn't want to take that risk of traveling without the actual card, so skipped it and just got the EAD.

"the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made"

Dhakaya, I was thinking, with this message that the FBI has finished the background check, and have return the result to USCIS, then after this stage the approval.

Dhakaya,Are you sure of what you are saying?