green card in 3months in dallas

chand311

Registered Users (C)
i was about to submit my AOS application(485, 130 aand alll forms) when i came to know about new PILOT dallas rapid adjustment program.(DORA PROGRAM FOR DALLAS)

My wife who is USC is sponsoring me.

submitted my forms on may 6th.

had the interview the ssame day.

the officer said i would be having fingerprinting in about 10days and then my greeen card should be there in about 2.5 months if the finger prints go well.

filed: may 6th
interview may 6th

questions asked: bills, how long we are staying together, any common bills, photos and 864. Officer said we dont have to apply for EAD and parole as we are going to get the green card in 3months.

any body more interested in knowing about my experience reply to this post.
Dallas rocks.!!!

P.S. i think one has to live in dallas to apply for this program.

Hi chand311,

Congratulations on your quick processing time.

I had posted another question with subject "Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment" earlier. I was wondering whether this DORA pilot program is available to family-based applicants who would otherwise need to wait for priority dates. For example, a GC-holder applying for unmarried son over 21 years of age (category 2B.) Maybe you met someone in this category out there, or something like that. Can such backlogged categories file I-130 and I-485 simultaneously in the DORA pilot program, or only immediate relative categories can file simultaneously? If you have any such info, please do share it.

Have a great day.

Congrats Chand..

Hi Chand..
Congratulations on your interview. I was wondering whether you submitted the applications forms at the DORA face-to-face with the officer. IS that where he had your interview??
Also is your marriage more than 2 yrs old and thats y he didnt stamp your passport with a I-551 conditional gc??
You mention that the officer looked at the 864...did you create a new 864 form cause I thought we submitted the 864 alongwith the application?
From the looks of it, your interview was very short..Could you tell us a little more about it.
Thank you much..

hi chand311,
I live in Houston and have been working at a client in Dallas for the past 10 months. Do you know if there is a requirement to be residing in Dallas for a certain amount of time to be able to use this program. My wife is a USC and will be sponsoring me. It will take me about 2 years to get my GC if I apply in Houston. I was wondering if I could move to Dallas temporarily and make use of this program. If anyone else has any advice on this option, please let me know by replying to this post.

Thanks

d2000m could you pl. update your case status

My brother is also in the same scenario. You can send me a PM if you like.
Thx

Congrats man.

But this sucks! what's freakin special about Dallas? something like this should be available nationwide...

MrSkyMour said:
Congrats man.

But this sucks! what's freakin special about Dallas? something like this should be available nationwide...

True,
I heard this was only in some southern states.....

sailing in the same boat!!!

hi chand311,
even i applied thru' this pilot program!!! couple of days earlier then u. well the interview was smooth n the officer told me the same thing like what they told u... so i was wondering did u hear anything yet or no? coz' its been 55 days today from the date n there is no update on mine ( online case satatus check). we can keep in touch & follow each others update!!!
application & interview date 05/04/04
fp on 5/15/04

DALLAS rapid adjustment

Hi aakay,

I filed for AOS with the pilot program on May 7th in person.

AOS interview : May 7th 2004 with adjudicating officer(submitted 130 forms and 485 forms along with checks that day)

130/485 receipt date: may 14th 2004 (with a letter asking me to schedule FP)

FP on 21st May 2004

Current ONLINE STATUS: Results from the fingerprints have been received on June 2nd and processing has resumed on your case.

Waiting for the status to change now...

-----------

same here

hi chand,
mine is the same case with couple of dates here n there, it shows the same message in online case status check as urs, i'll let u know if any update in my case, n please u do the same so that we can track each others cases n be prepared for what/when to expect further updates...
thanks, take care

any recent appt.s with DORA?

I tried making an appt. for DORA on infopass.

i got a message saying "no appointments available at this time. Try later"

Does anyone have recent experience with DORA?

For those that used inforpass for DORA did you enounter any difficulties with scheduling an appointment

many thanks in advance

correction

Must have been a system glitch.
I was able to make a DORA infopass appt. this morning for august 3.

Dora

any updates from those whove used DORA?
3 months should be coming up for you.

i made an appt for my ms in august

post updates if you can

thanks

no response

hi dfw
actually last week they send me the letter telling me to redo the fp coz' they lost it!!! i did it on the 7th n right now everyday in case status date of the fp review changes with the same message saying they've got the fp review on date so n so(changed date) n processing has resumed!!! its strainge, these guys r not gonna improve in decades!!!
aakay

Rapid Adjustment: My status

Hi Aakay

Sad to hear about you having to redo your fingerprints. Hopefully they would be careful this time. In my interview the officer told me that the 3months schedule is only if the finger prints go in time. Since you redid your finger prints quickly i am still hopeful that you would get ur card in 3months time.
I look at my online status everyday and it does not change.
-----
Currently this is what it shows,
On June 2, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made. Interiew and submission of application was on May 1st week and the fingerprints were on may 3rd week.

-----
They are talking of expanding this program all over the country and I really think the uscis is atleast makign an honest attempt to improve the services. In case the card is not received in 3months what is the next step? Do we have to file for 765 and wait for another 3months to get the EAD? I have heard that in case the case cannot be adjusted by the RApid Adjustment program then they would give us an option of apply for 765 and cooming and directly picking it up at dallas office? Do you know for sure anythign about it?

I will keep the thread updated with my experiences with Infopass and Dallas Rapid Adjustment. I hope they get this thing started all over the country soon.

dora

chand - i think the DORA press release states that the applicant will have to apply for advance parole and/or emp. auth. if required, if they dont receive the green card within 3 months.i think the press release also states that the USCIS will inform the applicant to apply for this paperwork if the applicant wishes it.

Aakay - i suppose the DORA brings some peace of mind since the paperwork is reviewed while you are at the USCIS. also i suppose even if DORA cuts down the approval time from a regular time of say 12 months down to 3-6 or even 9 there is some benefit.of course approval in 3 months would be peachy!

in my case just the fact of having submitting the RA packet as well as receiving the receipt notice brings peace of mind since the wife is currently on a F1 and will be in legal status after the application.

cheers

Peace of mind

Brining peace of mind is definitely true. The main area of concern to me when i was filing was the chance the USCIS might miss some of the documents or i might not send the correct documents and prolonging my case. The fact that they review all the paperwork right on the day of filing really gave me a lot of peace. Also the fact that i pay all the application fees right in person and they review all the proof and i have the adjudication interview the same day really took a lot of burden away from me as I see a lot of people getting worried and anxious waiting for the Interview Date. Overall i do believe that this is a wonderful achievement and step towards improvement on the part of uscis. Having fingerprinting in 15days from teh date i submitted the app and adjudication interview the same day instead of waiting for 1-2yrs is definitely a great improvement. I just hope that this DORA is a sucess so they can start expanding this to other cities so everybody else can get its fruits.

Received Approval for 485 by mail

Hi everyone,

I have got a mail from uscis today saying my petition for 485 has been approved and i am a conditional permenant resident as of July 27th.

My time time is as follows:
April 2004: Married to the most wonderful lady. We were living together for about 1.5yrs before we actually got married.

Total Time line : 83 days( 6th may 2004- july 29th 2004)

6th may 2004: Applied for 485 and 130 in person
-- had the interview for AOS the same day.

13th May 2004. Received Notice of action saying they have received my 485 and the 130. Asked me to schedule a fingerprint as soon as possible.

21st May 2004. Had my fingerprints.

June 1st: Online status changed. Said my fingerprint review has been completed and received and the processing has started on my case

July 29th: Received the notice saying my ADjustment of STatus has been Approved. Said the real greencard would arrive in 7-10 days and if i need proof i need to go to DAllas local office on WEdnesday between 7:30 and 1:00pm to get my passport stamped. Said that I am permenant resident starting from July 27th and I need to remove conditions between April 28th to July 27th of 2006.

The dallas pliot program rocks and they have kept their word that they would process greencard within 90days.

relation: F-1 status married to US citizen. ---------------------------------------------------

chand311 said:
Hi everyone,

I have got a mail from uscis today saying my petition for 485 has been approved and i am a conditional permenant resident as of July 27th.

My time time is as follows:
April 2004: Married to the most wonderful lady. We were living together for about 1.5yrs before we actually got married.

Total Time line : 83 days( 6th may 2004- july 29th 2004)

6th may 2004: Applied for 485 and 130 in person
-- had the interview for AOS the same day.

13th May 2004. Received Notice of action saying they have received my 485 and the 130. Asked me to schedule a fingerprint as soon as possible.

21st May 2004. Had my fingerprints.

June 1st: Online status changed. Said my fingerprint review has been completed and received and the processing has started on my case

July 29th: Received the notice saying my ADjustment of STatus has been Approved. Said the real greencard would arrive in 7-10 days and if i need proof i need to go to DAllas local office on WEdnesday between 7:30 and 1:00pm to get my passport stamped. Said that I am permenant resident starting from July 27th and I need to remove conditions between April 28th to July 27th of 2006.

The dallas pliot program rocks and they have kept their word that they would process greencard within 90days.

relation: F-1 status married to US citizen. ---------------------------------------------------
This message is for Chand311
I submitted my relative's application about 2 weeks after yours and the online case status is currently showing that they received the fingerprint results on 6/15/04. As of now there is no status change online.
Has your online status changed before and after you received your approval notice on 07/29/04?
I just want to know the reliability of the online case status.
Thanks for your reply and congratulations on your approval.