green card in 3months in dallas

j4school said:
"the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made"

Dhakaya, I was thinking, with this message that the FBI has finished the background check, and have return the result to USCIS, then after this stage the approval.

Dhakaya,Are you sure of what you are saying?
Well, yes it is a little unclear from that statement. But my reason for saying that they haven't received any results on the background check, is because the above statement gets posted as your case status as soon as you finish your FP appointment. So it's kinda unlikely that they would get the results back only 2-3 days after the FP was taken. Also why would it take them 60-90 days more, IF they've already received the results from FBI.

And also didn't someone say that they may be having a 3rd party company actually doing the check instead of the FBI.. maybe they are just running behind. I think to be 100% sure, you'd have to set up an appointment w/ an immigration officer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you guys tell me if there is another interview after the second year, when the conditional green card actually expires and you apply for the permenant one?
Thank you!

help

Hi,an congratulation.is it possible to do this here in New Jersey.Am planning to get married soon.I dont have working permit.Pls,help me.No SSA an,no ID.Am A german citizenship.I just have a non working Visa.What can i do best

Hey folks,
I know there were some of you for whom the 90 day timeframe had already passed and were still waiting for the approval. Could people post any updates to these specific cases or just updates in general of any new developments.
The forum seems to have gone quiet for a while.
Have'nt heard any success stories lately.

cheers,
KillBill

eddblack5 said:
Hi,an congratulation.is it possible to do this here in New Jersey.Am planning to get married soon.I dont have working permit.Pls,help me.No SSA an,no ID.Am A german citizenship.I just have a non working Visa.What can i do best
This is only for residents of Dallas Metroplex as this is just a pilot program. It will be launched pretty soon in the rest of US. However, I believe its better for you to apply the regular way and atleast get your EAD. Through this new pilot program, it seems like a handful of people are getting the GC and others are starring down a dark barrel.

Well.. I'm officially past my 90 days as of 1/23, so now the indefinite wait begins... :confused: . I really hope that I'm in the minority on this. At least I got the EAD out of the way.. and I would recommend everyone else who get's their "70th day" letter, to get it when you're asked to go in, as you never know how long your case will actually take.

Is there anyone out there for whom it has been more thean 90 days and they havent even received the 70 day letter?

KillBill said:
Is there anyone out there for whom it has been more thean 90 days and they havent even received the 70 day letter?
Today is making 106 days, i have not received the 70 day letter from Dallas Pilot program, i have not even seen approval letter. And funny enough my Online case status show that my result of fingerprinting was received
'' Current Status:

On November 3, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made

Last edited by a moderator:
J4School,

You should take a trip to the INS office and see whats going on.

Dhakya, I had posted earlier that the INS lady told me that NEESRS paperwork will help the case. However, it seems like its delaying the case...lol. I know they are not going to give away GCs to Pakistanis and Bengalis that easy...and they thrive on equal what :confused:

EricNeesGC said:
Dhakya, I had posted earlier that the INS lady told me that NEESRS paperwork will help the case. However, it seems like its delaying the case...lol. I know they are not going to give away GCs to Pakistanis and Bengalis that easy...and they thrive on equal what :confused:
lol... yeah you definitely hit it in the head on that one :) . Have you received your EAD letter BTW?

dhakaya said:
lol... yeah you definitely hit it in the head on that one :) . Have you received your EAD letter BTW?
My 70th day will be tomorrow. So lets keep the fingers crossed. Will my status change if the mail me the letter?

My I-485 was approved yesterday. It was exactly day 92. So the system does work. Just be patient.
Eric, from what i know, you dont receive an update when you receive the 70th day letter. They will just send the letter to you.

cheers,
KillBill

Hey KillBill...congratulations!!!!!!

So...I believe you did not go for the EAD but did you receive the letter? And the biggest question is...are you from Pakistan, Bangladesh or one of the Middle East countries?

Thanks

Eric

hey Kill Bill,

Congrat!!! have you received the Approval letter by mail or is it online approval? Please post your time line.
Mine is still in the dark, I wanted to make an appointment to speak with INS officer but my lawyer told me to wait till next week, he told me that
he will contact INS by himself next week. Am just praying and hoping.

Hi Folks,
My status changed online. I have not received any formal letter from USCIS as yet. It basically changed to the following:
"On January 27, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready"

My timeline:
Interview: October 28th
Fingerprint results received and status changed online: November 22nd.
Approval: January 27.

That actually works out to 92 days exactly.

cheers,
KillBill

KillBill said:
Hi Folks,
My status changed online. I have not received any formal letter from USCIS as yet. It basically changed to the following:
"On January 27, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready"

My timeline:
Interview: October 28th
Fingerprint results received and status changed online: November 22nd.
Approval: January 27.

That actually works out to 92 days exactly.

cheers,
KillBill

Congratulations KillBill--- Honestly your posting has renewed some of my lost confidence in the D.O.R.A program.Today is my 86th day :rolleyes:
Killbill..Did you get the 70th day letter?

Nope i did not get the 70th day letter. However, I have actually heard stories of people who have gotten the letter but have still been approved by the 90th day.
So hang in there. There is always a brighter side.

cheers,
KillBill

Very nice to hear it KillBill! I'm sure there is a method to this madness, we all just have to be a little more patient.

dhakaya said:
Not sure about your first question.. as I'm kinda on the same boat as u are :) , but I'm pretty sure for question# 2... they mean that they HAVE NOT received anything from the FBI yet. If they cannot process yours on time and you get a letter from them to come apply for the EAD, it will also mention the option for you to apply for "travel documents", during the same appointment. I didn't want to take that risk of traveling without the actual card, so skipped it and just got the EAD.

My advise is to get EAD as well as Advance parole (travel authorization). This will enable you to work newhere (not stuck with H1B provider) and travel any time without restriction.