GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Your parents need to get affidavits for their birth certificates from your relatives who are elder than your parents.....

Hope this helps...Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

My parents do not have birth certificate and neither do I. My birth certificate itself was an affidavit from them.
Can you let me know what options I have regarding these birth certificates?

Thanks

My father has been called for Interview on June 17, 2010

I have filed I-130, I-485 and supporting documents for my father on Feb 23,2010. My father has been called for an interview on June 17, 2010.

All documentation has already been provided to the USCIS. I am curious as to what the intent of the interview might be.

Again - going by the book, interviewing my father for the I-485 does not make any sense as say interviewing a person who is filing on the basis of marriage to a USC. I spent nearly 3-4 hours and went through every page on this thread. The number of parents who have been interviewed is less than 5%.

Any experiences/suggestions might be helpful.

Thanks

I spent nearly 3-4 hours and went through every page on this thread. The number of parents who have been interviewed is less than 5%.

It seems like lately there are a lot more interviews for parents. I wouldn't worry about it. Afaik (or have read), there are really no questions asked during interviews with parents. Just going through the information again in front of an IO. Good luck!

ps. when did you receive the interview letter?

My DO is Newark, NJ DO. My father received the interview letter on May 13, 2010 - We sent the paperwork on Feb 23, 2010.

We had received a RFE for birth certificate though - we got the birth certificate from the indian embassy.

Original Birth and Marriage certificates

Hello:
I want to start my parents GC process and have a couple of questions:

1. As both my parents were born in part of India, that is now Pakistan, their birth certificates are not obtainable. I can't even get official non-availability of birth certificates. Would 2 affidavits each from older relatives work?
2. They do not have marriage certificate. Would 2 affidavits work?
3. My parents are in the country for past 4 months. If I file AOS now, how much time would it take. I am in Northern CA?
4. If I initiate CP now, how much time would it take.
5. My parents want to return back in July 2010 (when their i-94 expires). In case I initiate AOS now would they be able to receive AP by then?

Thanks in Advance!!

I want to Sponser my Parent's GC. I am now a US Citizen.

My question is that the time for the GC, does it depend on the parents being above 65 years? I had heard from some one that if the parents age is more than 65 years, they get the GC Faster otherwise they have to wait in the processing Queue.

Thanks in Advance.

Question about I-485 approval and I-130 approval?

All,

I have a few questions on the processing. My father has been called for an interview on June 17, 2010. Details have been posted in a prior thread.

1. When I filed for I-130, we have also simultaneously filed for his I-485. The I-130 still shows as initial processing. But the I-485 has been moved along. My father has been called for an interview on June 17, 2010. Is this normal? How does this process work?

2. The online status for I-485 still shows as "we have received your response to the RFE". No mention about the interview letter. No updates to the "LUD" as well. Is this normal?

3. During the interview what are the things to be aware of? Any questions that we can ask the IO?

4. After the interview what is the process? Can one of you please throw light on the next steps after the interview.

Thanks

Thanks All

When I filed for I-130, we have also simultaneously filed for his I-485. The I-130 still shows as initial processing. But the I-485 has been moved along. My father has been called for an interview on June 17, 2010. Is this normal? How does this process work?

In my case, both parents have now received their interview notice after a FP delay, but the online status for the I130 or I485 have not changed for the past 6-8 weeks. Both still read "Initial Review".

So finally here's what I did,

Provided an explaination saying that it's a common practice in India to use mother's married name on birth certificate. Also as an photographic evidence showed parent's marriage certificate (renewed certificate had pictures on 'em) and mom's passport with the picture page. Added information saying that also on the passport the husband/spouse names are matching etc. Sent the documents. Hopefully that will be enough.

You need to submit the following:

I-130
I-485 AOS
I-693 Medical
G-325A Biographic Form
I-864 Affidavit of Support

Put a cover letter for each set and also a MAIN Cover Sheet with the list....

For I-130 you need to submit the following for each parent:

o Check: for the amount of $355 (payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security)
• Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative
• Copy of birth certificate or affidavit of beneficiary
• Copy of Indian Passport with Visitor Visa of Beneficiary
• Copy of I-94 (both sides) of Beneficiary
• Copy of Proof of Citizenship of petitioner
• Copy of US Passport of petitioner
• Copy of Birth Certificate of petitioner
Copy of Marriage certificate or Affidavit of Beneficiary

The following need to be submitted along with I-485 for each parent

• Two Photos
o Check: for the amount of $1010 (payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security)
o The above fee includes $930 for I-485 and $80 for Biometric Fees
• Form I-485: Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust of Status
• Copy of birth certificate of affidavit of beneficiary
• Copy of Indian Passport with Visitor Visa of Beneficiary
• Copy of I-94 (both sides) of Beneficiary
• Copy of I-130 (Concurrently Filing with I-130)
• Copy of Proof of Citizenship of petitioner
• Copy of US Passport of petitioner
• Copy of Birth Certificate of petitioner
Copy of Marriage certificate or Affidavit of Beneficiary

FOR I-693

• Form I-693: Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record ( (This will be in the sealed envelope)
• Sealed Envelope provided by the Doctor

FORM G-325A ( One page just the form )

For I-864 the following need to be submitted for each parent

• Form I-864: Affidavit of Support
• Employment Letter from your employer
• Current Year Pay Stubs ( last 6 months )
• IRS Tax Return Transcripts copies for the last 3 years (2008, 2007, 2006)
• W2 for the year 2008

Hope this helps....Good Luck with your process.

Thanks, Raj ( HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010!!!!!!!!!!!)

I am sorry to if this has been asked earlier, My parents just arrived last week on a B1/B2 and I am planning
on filing for their green card while they are here. I think I read some where that I have to wait for 90 days
before their package is mailed to the lockbox. I do intend on mailing all 130,485,864,693 and 325 together.

thanks again.
MM

folks.

i need help please. I looked and looked but could not find an answer.

1) While filling out form I-130 etc for my parents, i realized the names wont fit in the pdf (they show a " + " sign next to it with incomplete name. How did you guys handle this ? I dont want to hand write the whole application form because of this. Can i just write the name with a black pen instead ?

2) My father's Family name in the passport is xyz. Is the Family name necessarily the last name on the application form or can that be changed ?

thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used the information in this thread to submit application for my parents GC thru AOS. Thank you for the excellent thread.

I have a question regarding the AOS processing time. My parents' fingerprinting was done on 04/28/10. How long after fingerprinting is the interview date? We have not heard anything from USCIS after the fingerprinting, and no update on the case file on the USCIS website.

I have used the information in this thread to submit application for my parents GC thru AOS. Thank you for the excellent thread.

I have a question regarding the AOS processing time. My parents' fingerprinting was done on 04/28/10. How long after fingerprinting is the interview date? We have not heard anything from USCIS after the fingerprinting, and no update on the case file on the USCIS website.

Never mind. Got letter for interview. Interview scheduled for 07/06.

Question about the Minimum stay before we can apply for GC

My MIL arrived 1 month back. Can I apply for her GC now or do I have to wait for 90 days to be completed ? Anyone please reply.

you cannot apply for your MIL, but your wife can apply for her mother if she is a USC.

she doesn't have to wait for 90 days, but should apply at some point before the expiration date on the I 94

It seems like lately there are a lot more interviews for parents. I wouldn't worry about it. Afaik (or have read), there are really no questions asked during interviews with parents. Just going through the information again in front of an IO. Good luck!

ps. when did you receive the interview letter?

My in-laws also get interview letter..hopefully like you said.. just going through the information again..

anyone has experience for their parents interview? what kind of questions asked? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
i am not sure on the form itself or on seprate sheet, which both you and your parents recieves. SO when you send your form to them send that barcode form along with it. Make sure you take a copy and retain it with yourself.

Both of my parents had their interview in L.A. today, and everything went very well. IO was extremely courteous and friendly, and just went though the paperwork again, step-by-step. My mom's fingerprints turned out to be unreadable even after her second fingerprinting, so we had to dash out and get her police clearance letter, which wasn't a particularly straightforward procedure in LA, but were able to bring it back to the IO the same day, who afterwards gave both parents their respective approval notices. Total success! I'm happy I came with them (had to fly back in for a day from vacation travels in Asia), since IO ended up asking me more questions than I expected. Relieved and happy it's all over... time to pop the champagne!

Find out more from the link below. It will tell you how to setup a successful online business step by step regardless of your experience and background. It will also tell you what are the reason behind each step, how you could go about doing it and where you could get the necessary resources free or at a low price.