GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Cost

Guys I am thinking about applying for my parents who are visiting on B2. Can some one give me an idea on the total cost of applying per person while they are here. I hear its close to 5K per person, is that true.

thanks,
MM

I 130 = $355 per person
I 485 = $1010 per person including biometric fee
I 765 = no fee
I 864 = no fee
G325A = no fee ? Not certain of that One , May be $70
Medical exam = variable from $200 to $500 depending on doctor and vaccines needed.

I think thats it, if you do it without an attorney, But of course the fees for an attorney could bump up the total considerably

G325A is the Biometric form - Hence total typical fees = 355 for I-130; 930 for I-485; 80 for G325A/Biometrics

Hi

There is no one in your family, uncle, aunt anyone who can joint sponsor?

Hi,
No, I tried to ask my uncle, but he does not want to do it. Can i still do it with my 1 yr tax returns. On the form from USCIS it says if your lncome in the resent tax forms is not enough you may use up tp 3 yrs of tax returns. So, pls correct me if i am wroung, I understood that, if my resent income in the tax forms is enough , i need not worry about the old once. Is that right? Pls tell me what to do?

Hi Victor2009, My parents were also born in the part of India that is now Pak. It's similar situation as yours. Can you please tell me what's the best way for me to provide my parents non availability birth cirtificate record?
Regards.

Hello:
I want to start my parents GC process and have a couple of questions:

1. As both my parents were born in part of India, that is now Pakistan, their birth certificates are not obtainable. I can't even get official non-availability of birth certificates. Would 2 affidavits each from older relatives work?
2. They do not have marriage certificate. Would 2 affidavits work?
3. My parents are in the country for past 4 months. If I file AOS now, how much time would it take. I am in Northern CA?
4. If I initiate CP now, how much time would it take.
5. My parents want to return back in July 2010 (when their i-94 expires). In case I initiate AOS now would they be able to receive AP by then?

Thanks in Advance!!

Hello singh244

USCIS will ask for NAC anyways but you can get it from place your parents live now. Example if your parents live in x--- disrict get NAC cert from that district and then have two affidavits from relatives older than parents who have knowledge of birth of your parents.All the best.

Hi Victor2009, My parents were also born in the part of India that is now Pak. It's similar situation as yours. Can you please tell me what's the best way for me to provide my parents non availability birth cirtificate record?
Regards.

In regard to form I-130 (for parent, consular processing)

1. item number B 10, alien number: if petitioner is naturalized US citizen should this item be left blank or the alien number that was on green card should be provided?
2. item number C 2, address of relative: if parent is outside of US what address should this be? How does it differ from item number C 19 "your relative's address abroad"?
3. item number C 17, list of husband/wife/children: who does "relationship" column relate to - petitioner or relative(beneficiary)?

My parents came to US several times. However, their visitor visa was voided when I the extension I filed for them were voided. When they tried to apply a new visitor US visa at the US embassy in our home country, their applications were denied. If I am going to apply GC for them, would the previous incidents affect the application?

Hi I am Newbie here I have applied for GC for my mom who is widow and also for my sister family. I recd the NAC on 9/27/10 saying it is in initial stage/ So, can anyone tell me what is next and today I was checking the processing time for I 130 for brothers or sister it says Sept 1, 2006 which is big jump from 2001 to 2006.

Im waiting for my parents i130 approval from csc,notice date apr 9,2010.My parents do not have a birth certif. But have non availablity certif..they are old and most of the surviving relatives are of their age,is it acceptable to get affidavit from relatives who r of their age or younger ?

Sent applications for parents on 20th September and was received at Chicago on 22nd September.

Hopefully they will have there GC by March

Good Morning all,

I need some advice, I am getting ready to submit my mother's applications; I am a US citizen and she came to USA with a visitor visa in 2000; she overstayed her I-94 and her visa got expired last year, are there any problems because of this? Is she elegible to adjust her status without leaving USA?

Hi All,

Filed I-130 for my parents in last october and opted for CP (Delhi embassy). My Mom's interview is scheduled for October 15. Called NVC about dad's status and having the interview scheduled together. They said they were expediting Dad's case to Delhi, so they could schedule it. Delhi Consulate has'nt scheduled it for October and are not responding to any phone, email or fax.

Anyone else gone through this before? Any idea on the timeline for interview scheduling in Delhi?

Aprreciate your help and comments

Deepak

Hi All,

Filed I-130 for my parents in last october and opted for CP (Delhi embassy). My Mom's interview is scheduled for October 15. Called NVC about dad's status and having the interview scheduled together. They said they were expediting Dad's case to Delhi, so they could schedule it. Delhi Consulate has'nt scheduled it for October and are not responding to any phone, email or fax.

Anyone else gone through this before? Any idea on the timeline for interview scheduling in Delhi?

Aprreciate your help and comments

Deepak

Is it taking so long for CP Deepak. I filed for my mom in August and I thought the processing time is 5 months but looks like it is taking longer than that. I filed for CP in chennai.

Is it taking so long for CP Deepak. I filed for my mom in August and I thought the processing time is 5 months but looks like it is taking longer than that. I filed for CP in chennai.

We had a couple of RFEs for Birth and Marriage certificates. Filed the response on Aug 12th.

We had a couple of RFEs for Birth and Marriage certificates. Filed the response on Aug 12th.

Can u tell me what I can expect next. Do u mind sharing your time line that gives me a fair idea of what to expect next, Thank in advance.

Hi i will be doing cp in chennai too....if my parents 130i ever gets approved.i applied for it from csc with receiptdate first week of april and still waiting for i130 approval.am very worried about this.i keep calling them,all they say past two weeks+ is they r processing march 29 cases..im just losing sleep!

Good Morning all,

I need some advice, I am getting ready to submit my mother's applications; I am a US citizen and she came to USA with a visitor visa in 2000; she overstayed her I-94 and her visa got expired last year, are there any problems because of this? Is she elegible to adjust her status without leaving USA?

Anyone on this?