GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Thank you Johnny Cash.

Here are the questions i have on I -130 ( applying for MIL (petitioner is my wife) and she is in US and applying AOS along with I -130 )

1) Relative Address: Do i need to enter US Address or India Address?
2) Alien Registration Number: Here i have to put I -94 # right?

Do i need to fill G-325A or G-325?

Thanks in advance and will ask more questions as i start filling other forms.

I thought (obviously mistakenly) that you have ONLY one question as to whether to leave it blank or not if there is no A#, but I guess I didn't realize that there would be tons of follow up questions...

As for relative address then your wife will need to put her mother's address in the US unless question asks for the relative address at abroad.

For question #2, then NONE is the answer since your MIL doesn't have A# yet.

You don't need to fill anything; instead your wife and MIL would need to file G-325A.

Your MIL can go ahead and done with medical examination now if she wants...without waiting even for an hour. Medical exam remains good for more than a year. However, it would be better for her to file her paper 90 days later to avoid a 'pre-conceived intent to immigrate' clause; otherwise she could run a risk of being denied despite of being eligible to adjust the status.

Good luck...

CP - Applied for Parents.

I was going through the DS-230 form and have questions

Q.30: I will list the places that my parents lived from the age 16, but do i need to get Police Clearance Certificate from each of these places ( one place is a small village in India..i dont how if they police station in that village, other two place are small towns..they have police stations..but not sure if they give now...i asked my Dad to find out....please let me know ).

From the last 30 years or so living in the same city and got the Police Clearance Certificate from this city - Hyderabad.

Also they were here in USA for 4 times and in the last two visits they stayed little less than 6 months and before that they stayed for 13 months (applied extension..not out of status)...do i need to get Police Certificate from the Cities they stayed during their trip to USA. Please let me know.

Q.35. Lists the visits to US. I will list them the last 3 visits and also it has A # ( they wont have this number right ?)

Thanks in advance, Raj.

Passport first page needed?

Hi,
With all your helps in this forum, I'm done with preparing my parents GC.
Actually, everything is sealed in express mail package.
However, i want to confirm one thing before i go to post office today.

Reading thoroughly the instruction, i figured that i need to send a copy of passport page WITH VISA. so i did.
But when i talked to a friend, she said i need to send a copy of the First page of passport as well, which includes all basic info (nationality, birth date so on) with picture.

Can somebody confirm it?
Thanks so much

Hi,
With all your helps in this forum, I'm done with preparing my parents GC.
Actually, everything is sealed in express mail package.
However, i want to confirm one thing before i go to post office today.

Reading thoroughly the instruction, i figured that i need to send a copy of passport page WITH VISA. so i did.
But when i talked to a friend, she said i need to send a copy of the First page of passport as well, which includes all basic info (nationality, birth date so on) with picture.

Can somebody confirm it?
Thanks so much

Passport biographic page is not required. In fact even the visa page isn't required.

quesiton on I-864

I am filing I-130/I-485/I-864 altogether for my parents. Do I need to have two seperate I-864 for each of them?

Thanks.

I have a question on "separate affidavits of supoprt are required for each parent. I made 2 exactly the same printout of I-864 for both parents and signed on them respectively. One goes to my dad's application and the other for mom's.
I made my dad to be the principal immigrant and adding my mom on the family member.

I just got confused if i should have made a different I-864 for mom making her the principal immigrant on HER I-864.

I-864 checklist in instruction page says " if you are sponsoring more than one intending immigrant listed on the same affidavit of support, photocopies of the original affidavit of support may be submitted for any addiontal intending immigrants listed."

Please advise me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply. Do I fill two forms with each of them as principle immigrant? Do I need to filled in my Mom's name in my Dad's application and vice versa?

Can somebody please answer this question?
I made our application ready but need to review with this question now.
Kind of overrapping with yzyz's question above.
In case of sponsoring both parents and couting household size on I-864, do we have to count both parents on each I-864?
For example on Dad's I-864

The person i sponsor - 1
Myself -1
Spouse -1
Children -1
other dependent - 0
the person i HAVE sponsored before -0

This is right? or should i add my Mom on the line above? Then which line will be applicable?

another question along same lines

I've scanned all 81 pages of this thread but couldn't find a definitive answer.

For my mother and father who have been married from before my birth and are still married, do I need to file a separate I130, and I485? For I130, the USCIS instructions do seem to suggest that you need to file separate petitions.

For I1485, I'm confused. In the form, part 3B, there is an entry for spouse and whether she is applying with you. Should I say yes or no on "Applying with you" if I file separate I485 and I130 for my mother and father?

Another question is about address for my parents. In I485 Part1, I have chosen my address as their address (since they are in US).
In I130, however, under "Information about your relative, Part C", I have entered their address from India. Similarly in g325a, I have entered their Indian address. Is this wrong? Should I be consistent, and if so, which address should I use? my US address where they are visiting, or their permanent Indian address?

I've also found out that it will be easier if we had a line by line instructions for all these forms - it would save a lot of time for applicants. I couldn't find it anywhere on the web, so I'm planning to make that resource available.

rajeev,
You will need to file separate I-130 and I-485 for each of your parents.

Regarding, 3B, put "NO" since they are on separate I-485

For address, the current address should be the US address they are currently at. Both in I-130 and I-485, as well as G-325A.

thanks

thanks vistanutz.

So effectively, we don't use the India address anywhere on I130, I864, I485, right?

On G-325A, it asks for applicant's addresses in the last 5 years, and the applicant's last address outside of US.

So I guess, here I can say:

Addresses in last 5 years:

292 N12th St, Seattle, WA 98195: 07/2009 - present (they came to use in July on visitor visa).
Delhi address: 01/1985 - 07/2009

and then in Last Address outside of US:
Delhi address: 01/1985 - 07/2009

It seems bizarre to list my address where they are merely visiting as a tourist as their address on all the forms, but if that's how it is, that's how it is I guess...

Rajeev

Rajeev,
That's right.
I know it sounds odd to use your address as their present address. Well, think about it this way: filing AOS = they decided to stay in the USA permanently. So, the address they are in right now is not just a visiting address. Whereever they are residing currently is their present address. If your parents get an interview appointment, make sure they don't say anything that shows any intent of using the GC as just a permanent visa/border-crossing pass. They must make USA their primary address since they filed for AOS.

Btw, you might want to edit out your address from your post - if that is your real address.

If that is the true intent, wouldn't it be better advice for the OP no to apply for the parents' GCs?

If your parents get an interview appointment, make sure they don't say anything that shows any intent of using the GC as just a permanent visa/border-crossing pass.

1-130 approved

-just quick updates about my fathers signature.Online status shows that I-130 is approved.i belive he doesnt need to go interview.but do we still need to wait for I-485 to be approved
Thanks and good luck to everyone

any comment for my above post.please i need your inputs like from Triple ctizen and other experts.What is my chances of getting interview notice.
thanks

Farsez, it's highly likely that your father won't have an interview - however, until his 485 is approved, the process is not done yet. I see that your process was delayed more than a month with the RFE. I predict that within the next week or so you will get 485 approval notification.