GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

You can get doctors at this link:
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

Most doctors charge between $300-$450. Even if they say low fees to start with, they will mark it up later with additional tests. If you can tell which part of NJ you are in, you may get some suggestions from the members of this forum.

Hope this helps.

Hello All

I will filling for my parents GC soon. They are here on Visitor visa. Can anyone let me know affordable doctor in NJ area for their medical ? They do't have insurance right now.

Thanks

Urgent help!

Today I received interview letter for my mom's case. Is it normal to be interviewed? What documents should I bring to the interview?

I am only sponsoring my mom this time, is it the reason they interview us?
What should I tell them about my dad?

Thanks very much!

I think it's pretty random. Some do get the interview, some don't.
Bring proof of your citizenship, both your and your mom's BC, some proof that your mom is in the same household as yours and in case they question when/why she wanted to become an LPR, answer appropriately so that it doesn't sound like she entered the country with the intention to immigrate.

Do I need bring taxreturn, employment verification letter again? was submitted with my application.

How do I answer my dad situation? Can I say he will apply later?

gc_on_demand,

I live in NJ area too called many doctors in NJ. They all were expensive if you don't have vaccination records. I took my parents to a doctor in NY city. He charged $200 per person. If vaccines are needed they will refer to some place where you can get them for free, but parents did not need any vaccines. x-ray if needed is $40 per person extra. Every thing else is included. You can find more details at
http://www.greencardmedicalexams.com/index.asp

Hope this helps.

Hello,

I live in Mountain View, Ca and i have a family medical emergency in India. My AP expired on September 8. Can anyone answer my questions?

1.) Can I apply in San Jose field office for emergency AP?

2) Do I need to first mail my AP to Nebraska and wait for a receipt number and then go to San Jose field office for emergency AP?

Looking forward to hear some answers.

Thanks,

I AM CONFUSED!

There are 3 different addresses to file (on instructions for both I-485 and I-130) I want to send an express delivery and I file them concurrently. Once again, thank you all so very much for your help!

I think there is only one address for concurrent filing of I-130 and I-485 for a particular state. Which state are you from?

Hi, thanks for having this great forum and sharing experiences.
I'll sponsoring my parents for GC and there is a long long story behind... and if you don't mind, let me briefly mention it.

My parents came to US with B2 visa in 1998 and they obtained H1 status in US with an employment and they applied GC with the company and got denied in 2004, due to the company's poor financial status. Then, they appealed on the higher court in D.C and it's been pending for over 5 years. Their H-1 status has expired in 2005.

Finally, i got my citizenship and we are ready to file a new application.

Considering all these, i have some questions on forms like I130 I485 I765.

1)Current status - Should i say "Out of status" or "I-140 pending"?
2)I-94 expiration - Since they had 2 I-94s (B-2, and H-1) , which expiration should i mention? The one they got when they entered U.S or I-94 with H-1 visa, which expired in 2005.
3)Employment history - They have been self employed, after their H-1 visa expired, to make a living and they have filed tax return every year. Do we need to list all those?

I know. My parents case is a bit complex and this forum is the only source i depend on.
I appreciate all of your input and advice here.

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for having this great forum and sharing experiences.
I'll sponsoring my parents for GC and there is a long long story behind... and if you don't mind, let me briefly mention it.

My parents came to US with B2 visa in 1998 and they obtained H1 status in US with an employment and they applied GC with the company and got denied in 2004, due to the company's poor financial status. Then, they appealed on the higher court in D.C and it's been pending for over 5 years. Their H-1 status has expired in 2005.

Finally, i got my citizenship and we are ready to file a new application.

Considering all these, i have some questions on forms like I130 I485 I765.

1)Current status - Should i say "Out of status" or "I-140 pending"?
2)I-94 expiration - Since they had 2 I-94s (B-2, and H-1) , which expiration should i mention? The one they got when they entered U.S or I-94 with H-1 visa, which expired in 2005.
3)Employment history - They have been self employed, after their H-1 visa expired, to make a living and they have filed tax return every year. Do we need to list all those?

I know. My parents case is a bit complex and this forum is the only source i depend on.
I appreciate all of your input and advice here.

Thanks.

in my opinion, it should be the latest I-94.
1. H1 (OUT OF STATUS)
2. I-94 for H1
3. not sure about this employment history

Hi, I am getting ready to file I-130, I-485, I-765, G-325A, I-693, I-864 for my mom all together. I need help on a few questions.
1. I am confused where to send it, some says lockbox, and some says U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services.
2. I am a naturalized citizen, forms ask for a# what do I do?
3. I-485 form part 2 does a. (an immigrant petition giving me an immediately immigrant available visa number....) apply for my mom?
4. My mom entered as a visitor and than changed to student (F1) which visa nonimmigrant number I will use?
5. I sent I-130 before but got denied due to not providing birth certificate. I stated that on the second one and have the original documents now. Can this might be a problem?
6. She stopped going to school so she lost her status can this be a problem?
7. For I-864 do I need to notarize the forms? I got the copies frum local IRS office.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkoloco,

You will get most of your answers from previous posts/responses on this thread. If there are any new/unique situations, someone can surely help.

Good luck.

Hi, I am getting ready to file I-130, I-485, I-765, G-325A, I-693, I-864 for my mom all together. I need help on a few questions.
1. I am confused where to send it, some says lockbox, and some says U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services.
2. I am a naturalized citizen, forms ask for a# what do I do?
3. I-485 form part 2 does a. (an immigrant petition giving me an immediately immigrant available visa number....) apply for my mom?
4. My mom entered as a visitor and than changed to student (F1) which visa nonimmigrant number I will use?
5. I sent I-130 before but got denied due to not providing birth certificate. I stated that on the second one and have the original documents now. Can this might be a problem?
6. She stopped going to school so she lost her status can this be a problem?
7. For I-864 do I need to notarize the forms? I got the copies frum local IRS office.

Thanks

I am filing(my wife is petitioner) for my Mother-In-Law and have a questions on I-693.

Here are the forms i am filling out and let me know if i dont need any or i need to send any other forms ( I-130, I-485, I-131, I-864, G325-A, I-693).

Do i need to enter I-94 # for A- number or do i need to leave it blank.

Thanks in advance.
Raj

I am filing(my wife is petitioner) for my Mother-In-Law and have a questions on I-693.

Here are the forms i am filling out and let me know if i dont need any or i need to send any other forms ( I-130, I-485, I-131, I-864, G325-A, I-693).

Do i need to enter I-94 # for A- number or do i need to leave it blank.

Thanks in advance.
Raj

If you have A# or I-94 then you should put them there, but if you don't then just write- NONE in there. Don't leave blank, however, leaving blank wouldn't make the application rejected or denied. It's just that USCIS will do a search anyway by putting applicants information in the system to check if they were ever issued any A#. Once they find no A# in the system, they issue a new one.

Good luck...

I'm almost ready to mail my parents' application..Can't wait!!!
I have some minor things to clear.
For my parents foreign birth certificate, I will need them for I-130 and I-485 respectively. However, i have only one original. Then can i use the original on I-130 package and use a "photocopy" on I-485 package?

Secondly, when there are multiple foreign documents, can i use just one sheet of "certification by translator" to cover all documents? or should i include the same number of certification by translator?

Thanks so much~

hsjin76,

You do not need to send original, simple photocopy is fine.
Also, you do not need to send parent's birth certificate with their I-130s.

Thank you Johnny Cash.

Here are the questions i have on I -130 ( applying for MIL (petitioner is my wife) and she is in US and applying AOS along with I -130 )

1) Relative Address: Do i need to enter US Address or India Address?
2) Alien Registration Number: Here i have to put I -94 # right?

Do i need to fill G-325A or G-325?

Thanks in advance and will ask more questions as i start filling other forms.

If you have A# or I-94 then you should put them there, but if you don't then just write- NONE in there. Don't leave blank, however, leaving blank wouldn't make the application rejected or denied. It's just that USCIS will do a search anyway by putting applicants information in the system to check if they were ever issued any A#. Once they find no A# in the system, they issue a new one.

Good luck...

My wife is applying for her mother GC and she is with us now, based on the posts here i/we are planning to apply after 90 days, does this mean do i need to wait 90 days before i get the medical examination done for her. I am getting prepared with all the documents that i need to file so just checking if i need to wait 90 days even for medical examination or can i schedule appt with doctor before 90 days.

Thanks in advance.