GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Do i need to enter Alien Registration Number on I-130 (Q # 10 ) for me along with Citizenship #?
Also on Q#7 on Information about relative ( do i need to enter maiden name for my mother? i am not enclosing any documents that will show her maiden name)

Please let me know

Last edited by a moderator:
raj,

Once you are a USC, alien registration # is not applicable.

If you are going to use other names for your mother in the GC process (e.g., on a birth certificate or a school record, or non-availability or an affidavit), you can enter those names here.

Hope this helps.

Do i need to enter Alien Registration Number on I-130 (Q # 10 ) for me along with Citizenship #?
Also on Q#7 on Information about relative ( do i need to enter maiden name for my mother? i am not enclosing any documents that will show her maiden name)

Please let me know

I mailed the I-130 documents for both my parents to Chicago (FEDEX, next day). Hope the process get started soon with smooth, fast and easy without any major hiccups.

08/26/09 I-130 Mailed to Chicago ( Consular Processing )

I will post all the updates as and when there is one.

Parents GC approved

That was quick...never expected. :)

RD: 6/1/09 - 130 & 485
FP: 7/7/09
RFE (for dad): BC - responded around 7/10/09. Infact re-send the same birth affidaviats and NA certificate.
Transfer to CSC: 7/27/09
AD: 7/26 - all cases approved and card production ordered.

Thanks for all your help. I will be here for a while to help with any questions.

Any particular reason why you didn't file 485 concurrently with 130?

That's because we were not ready with the affidavits for birth certificate at that time. Instead of waiting a couple of months to collect the documents and then submit it, I thought it was better to file I-130 first, to speed up the processing. I don't see anyway to confirm whether it really mattered.

Hi,

I am an U.S. citizen and I am trying to invite my mother for Green card. From what I understood here, my mom needs to file I-130, I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-864A, and I-693 (possibly I-131 if she wants to travel outside of the U.S. while proceeding the application). Is this correct or do I have to file those documents as well? Also, I am a student and do not work, so my aunt (mom's sister) will be a sponsor. Then, I-864A will be based on my aunt's income, right?

Thank you very much for your help!

You, as the USC, will have to file I-130
If your mom is already in the US, she will file I-485, along with G-325A, I-693 and Affidadit of Support forms. She can also file I-765 (EAD) and I-131 (AP).
Now, all these can be filed at the same time.

For Affidavit of Support, you must sign I-864. If your income is not enough, someone with enough income in your household can file I-864A. If the person willing to sign Affidavit of Support is not in the household, I-864 for Joint Sponsor needs to be filed.

Hi, I'm beginning a GC process for my parents.
Just collected required forms and started filling in.
By the way, i just want to confirm a few things.

1) I-693 Medical examination form
My parents are living in California and they're moving to N. Carolina next month. Can they have the medical form done in CA and file GC application in NC, as long as they put the new N.A address in I-693?

2) Birth certificate / Marriage certificate
I have a copy of birth certificate and marriage certificate which were issued back in 2006. Can i use these? Or better get a new copy?

Thanks..

You, as the USC, will have to file I-130
If your mom is already in the US, she will file I-485, along with G-325A, I-693 and Affidadit of Support forms. She can also file I-765 (EAD) and I-131 (AP).
Now, all these can be filed at the same time.

For Affidavit of Support, you must sign I-864. If your income is not enough, someone with enough income in your household can file I-864A. If the person willing to sign Affidavit of Support is not in the household, I-864 for Joint Sponsor needs to be filed.

Thank you so much for your help! So, if my aunt lives in different state, she has to file I-864 instead of I-864A, right? And I don't have to do I-864A at all?

Parents AOS/CP interview questions

Hi,

Is there a link to AOS/CP interview questions for parents GC? Or can some of you please post your experience.

Thank you

Is this standard language (I-130/I-485)?

On September 3, 2009, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location.

Is this standard language or does it mean anything more?

uk01,

This is the same language I also received.

Thanks.

On September 3, 2009, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location.

Is this standard language or does it mean anything more?

Applying GC For mom - Extend Stay and then apply?

Hi,

My mom has 10 yr multiple entry visa and she can stay till october 31 (she came in may). I want to start the GC process for her - should I extend her stay and then start the GC process? Or can I start the GC process now even though she has only 2 months left?

Thanks.

Newuser1,

You can concurrently apply for I-130 and I-485/AOS now. Once you get the I-485 receipt, you don't need to apply for I-94 extension. 2 months is good enough. I applied for my mom 3 weeks prior to I-94 expiration.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

My mom has 10 yr multiple entry visa and she can stay till october 31 (she came in may). I want to start the GC process for her - should I extend her stay and then start the GC process? Or can I start the GC process now even though she has only 2 months left?

Thanks.

My mother's GC (AOS) has been approved

Got the CRIS email this morning with the status for her I-485: Card Production Ordered.

Here is the timeline:

06/23/2009 Mailed I130, I485, I131, I693, I864, I765
06/30/2009 Notice Date - I130, I485, I131, I765
07/02/2009 NOA Received - I130, I485, I131, I765
07/09/2009 FP Appt Letter Received (Appt 07/21/2009)
07/13/2009 FP Completed (Walk-in)
07/13/2009 I-130 Case Transferred to CSC
07/14/2009 I-485 Case Transferred to CSC
07/20/2009 I-130, I-485 Case received at CSC
08/12/2009 I-131 Approval Notice Sent
08/12/2009 I-765 EAD Card Production Ordered
08/17/2009 AP Received
08/18/2009 I-765 EAD Card Production Ordered
08/20/2009 I-765 Approval Notice Sent
08/22/2009 Received EAD
08/24/2009 Applied for SSN
08/31/2009 Received SSN